Thanksgiving Photo Contest!

edited December 2008 in Announcements
Hey gang,

This week's photo contest is appropriately holiday themed. While you're crowding around the table with family this Thursday you can give thanks for Rock Band and win some rad prizes and have your photo immortalized in The 'Zine!

The theme this week is real simple. Send us a snapshot of your family sharing a Rock Band moment. It can be a photo taken pre gorging, post gorging, or while you're gorging, but as long as it combines Thanksgiving and Rock Band you're on the road to winning a set of wireless Xbox Drums signed by the crew here at Harmonix.

You've got until 11/30 to send us a photo, so start planning now. Check out the link below for more info:

http://www.rockband.com/zine/give_thanks

Rock on!
-HMXHenry

Comments

• kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited November 2008
    These contests are really cool, and it's a nice incentive that you guys are actually giving out prizes as well.

I'd enter, but I'd have to hop in my De Lorean and drive back to October, when us Canadians were gorging :)
  • Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    I agree as well that these contests are great. Not to complain, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a prize that is not console limited? Why would any PS3 owners want to enter, besides to try and win and sell the prize?
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited November 2008
    my entire family only consists of me and my dad....
  • Chris9317Chris9317 Banned
    edited November 2008
    I don't even like the wireless drums for PS3. Why would I want them for Xbox?

Boo Photo Contest...

Yay beer!
  • Bug42Bug42 Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    What about us PS3 owners?
  • QB8YoungQB8Young Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    Ok you think they would say Wireless Drums for the system of your choice.
    But NOOO... they screw the PS3 players every time!
  • edited November 2008
    I'm definitely aware of the demand from PS3 users to have prizes for their system as well, but unfortunately we're not always fully equipped at the HMX offices with enough product to cover all our bases (Xbox360, PS3, Wii, US versions, PAL versions, RB1, RB2, etc) so sometimes we have to make due with what is made available to us.

Several of the contests have been open to everyone regardless of platform, such as when we gave away the stack of AC/DC loot or the Rock Band shirts and swag bags, and we'll be giving away a Bandmate in one of the upcoming contests. We're definitely looking to push for more console equality in RB give aways.

In the meantime, if a PS3 (or PS2) owner wins this contest I will guarantee that we'll find a comparable (if not identical) prize for you. We definitely don't want anyone to be left out of these contests.
  • baldassbatbaldassbat Rising Star
    edited November 2008
    Yay for HMXHenry. Sometimes all we ask is a little notice. Thanks for the acknowledgment. I would take the Xbox instruments anyway because I have a friend that could use them.

Now to get my dog dressed up in his indian costume and my wife in her frock for a family picture. Of course, when the dog plays he can only do vocals and only on Visions...
  • Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    hmm i have an idea, and i hope my family will go for it. i know my bother and sister will, but i need to coax one more.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    HMXHenry;1615645 said:
    I'm definitely aware of the demand from PS3 users to have prizes for their system as well, but unfortunately we're not always fully equipped at the HMX offices with enough product to cover all our bases (Xbox360, PS3, Wii, US versions, PAL versions, RB1, RB2, etc) so sometimes we have to make due with what is made available to us.

Perhaps I could donate my old PS2 GH1 or PS3 RB1 guitar to be offered as a signed prize. Hahah.

They both work perfectly, and I currently have no use for them. Hahah.

I have a ton of great ideas for pictures, but not always the right resources to make them happen haha.
  • leepearsonleepearson Unsigned
    edited November 2008
    a21schizoidman;1615218 said:
    my entire family only consists of me and my dad....
    Love you profile pic!
    Parson is the Master of the concept album. He is the other genius behind, "Darkside of the Moon". "I, Robot" is my favorite Alan Parson Project, then "Tales & Mysteries of the Imagination". Rock Band is in need of "Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether".
  • AFDIZZYDAFDIZZYD Opening Act
    edited November 2008
    Yeah HMX, dont hate on us PS3 users! Use what you preach when it comes to compatability, and offer the prize for the winners system! Or are you guys too involved in the 300 million bonus you got!
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited November 2008
    leepearson;1616630 said:
    Love you profile pic!
    Parson is the Master of the concept album. He is the other genius behind, "Darkside of the Moon". "I, Robot" is my favorite Alan Parson Project, then "Tales & Mysteries of the Imagination". Rock Band is in need of "Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether".
    yep, knowing he worked on DSOTM was what got me really into APP
  • Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited November 2008
    well im kinda bummed during the night we didnt get a picture but i did get the family playing rock band, which was quite an accomplishment. and unless my dad snuck a picture that no one saw, Im afraid I dont have a photo to submit:( but whatever. still had a blast playing with people in my family other than my brother
  • edited December 2008
    Winner, winner, Turkey Dinner!

Thanks to all who entered our Thanksgiving photo contest. You can check out the winning photo HERE!

Get ready to enter the Mad Catz MIC Contest, which will give all the vocalists out there their time to shine.
This discussion has been closed.