My Ultimate 53 Weeks of DLC

kylerownsx62kylerownsx62 Road Warrior
edited December 2008 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Here are what I think is the greatest possible next year of DLC. I tried to vary it as much as possible in genres and decades, although I emphasized on metal and classic rock a bit just because that's what I like. Without further ado, here is my creation of total awesomeness.

Week 1 - Alice Cooper
School's Out
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Poison

Week 2 - The Clash
London Calling
Rock the Casbah
Spanish Bombs

Week 3 - Poison
Nothin But a Good Time
Talk Dirty to Me
Every Rose Has its Thorn

Week 4 - Album
Jazz - Queen

Week 6 - Jimmy Eat World
Sweetness
Pain
Bleed American

Week 7 - Steve Miller Band
Fly Like an Eagle
The Joker
Jungle Love

Week 8 - 90s Singles
Cherry Pie - Warrant
Mother - Danzig
Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
Lithium - Nirvana
When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000

Week 9 - Kiss
Strutter
Deuce
Hotter Than Hell
Rock and Roll All Nite
Shout It Out Loud
I Want You
New York Groove
I Was Made For Lovin' You
Lick It Up

Week 10 - Drist
Arterial Black
Decontrol
Pollute the Sound

Week 11 - Def Leppard
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Photograph
Rock of Ages

Week 12 - David Bowie
Space Oddity
Rebel Rebel
Fame
Golden Years
Modern Love
Ziggy Stardust

Week 13 - Album
Dirt - Alice In Chains

Week 14 - Blue Oyster Cult
Godzilla
Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll
Burnin For You

Week 15 - Thrasher Pack
Devil's Son - Devildriver
Defeatist - Hatebreed
Happy? - Mudvayne
Blind - Korn
Headstrong - Trapt
I'll Go Until My Heart Stops - 36 Crazyfists

Week 16 - Godsmack
Awake
Sick of Life
I Stand Alone

Week 17 - Album
The White Album - The Beatles

Week 18 - Slayer
Raining Blood
Angel of Death
South of Heaven

Week 19 - Aerosmith
Dream On
Same Old Song and Dance
Sweet Emotion
I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
Walk This Way (ft. Run DMC)
Dude (Looks Like a Lady)

Week 20 - ELO
Evil Woman
Mr. Brightside
Don't Bring Me Down

Week 21 - Album
Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed

Week 22 - 80s Singles
Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
Don't Stop Believing - Journey
Rock You Like a Hurricane - The Scorpians
I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett
Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowie
Jenny - Tommy Tutone

Week 23 - Rob Zombie
Foxy, Foxy
Dragula
Living Dead Girl

Week 24 - The Rolling Stones
Start Me Up
Pain It, Black
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Week 25 - Album
No World For Tomorrow - Coheed and Cambria

Week 26 - Twisted Sister
I Wanna Rock
We're Not Gonna Take It
I Am (I'm Me)

Week 27 - The Who
See Me, Feel Me
The Seeker
Bargain
Long Live Rock
The Real Me
Love Reign O'er Me

Week 28 - Slipknot
Wait and Bleed
Duality
Pulse of the Maggots

Week 29 - Album
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera

Week 30 - Megadeth
Symphony of Destruction
Hangar 18
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

Week 31 - 00s Singles
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
Bring Me to Life - Evanescence
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Cochise - Audioslave
Machinehead - Bush
Boom - POD
Oh Gravity! - Switchfoot
Aerials - System of a Down
Click Click Boom - Saliva
No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
Woman - Wolfmother
Wizards in Winter - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Week 32 - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sweet Home Alabama
Free Bird
That Smell

Week 33 - Album
City of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold

Week 34 - Tenacious D
Tribute
The Metal
Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)

Week 35 - Quiet Riot
*** on Feel the Noize
Bang Your Head (Metal Health)
Slick Black Cadillac
Run for Cover
The Wild & the Young
Battle Axe

Week 36 - Heart
Crazy on You
Barracuda
Magic Man

Week 37 - Album
Appetite For Destruction - Guns N Roses

Week 38 - Van Halen
Panama
Hot For Teacher
Running With the Devil

Week 39 - Drowning Pool
Bodies
All Over Me
Step Up

Week 40 - Sum 41
Fat Lip
In Too Deep
No Reason

Week 41 - 70s Singles
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
We're an American Band - Grand Funk Railroad
Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) - The Hollies
Black Betty - Ram Jam
The Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy
Sharp-Dressed Man - ZZ Top
Roundabout - Yes
Renegade - Styx
I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick

Week 42 - Mushroomhead
Crazy
Sun Doesn't Rise
Simple Survival

Week 43 - Iron Maiden
The Trooper
Flight of Icarus
2 Minutes to Midnight
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
Man on the Edge
Futureal
The Wicker Man
Fear of the Dark
Aces High
Powerslave
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Dance of Death

Week 44 - Priestess
Talk to Her
Lay Down
I am the Night, Colour me Black

Week 45 - 2 Albums
Master of Puppets - Metallica
The Black Album - Metallica

Week 46 - Dragonforce
Through the Fire and the Flames
Revolution Deathsquad
Operation Ground and Pound

Week 47 - Ozzy Osbourne
Crazy Train
Mr. Crowley
Bark at the Moon

Week 48 - Children of Bodom
In Your Face
Living Dead Beat
Needled 24/7

Week 49 - Dio
Holy Diver
We Rock
Rainbow in the Dark
The Last in Line
Stand Up and Shout

Week 50 - Judas Priest
Living After Midnight
Judas Rising
Hell Bent For Leather
Ram it Down
Jawbreaker
Revolution
Stained Class
Nostradamus
Prophecy

Week 51 - Motley Crue
Shout at the Devil
Smoking in the Boys Room
Live Wire

Week 52 - Black Sabbath
Iron Man
Snowblind
Children of the Grave
Heaven and Hell
The Mob Rules
Children of the Sea
Neon Knights
Computer God
TV Crimes

Week 53 - Album
How the West Was Won - Led Zeppelin

Comments

• Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Two Metallica albums? No. Get rid of The Black Album and use something good. May I suggest Skid Row's debut, for the awesome factor?
    Led Zeppelin IV is an awful choice for them. Go with II.
    Breakin' the Law wouldn't be fun at all for anyone. Get rid of it and use Stained Class.
    And, finally, use different Quiet Riot songs because yours are, like, totally lacking. Run for Cover, Pickin' Up the Pieces and Callin' the Shots are all great choices.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited December 2008
    I'd buy something almost every week. But there are some songs on Led Zeppelin IV with no drums. II or Presence would be better choices.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    There is a favoritism towards Metal, thats for sure. As for the choices, they all seem strongly Singles or Mainstream Hits, some song wouldn't work very nicely.
  • thehunted616thehunted616 Banned
    edited December 2008
    Man it seems everyone is stuck in the 90's or is old, so they always want old bands.
    edited December 2008
    thehunted616;1643251 said:
    Man it seems everyone is stuck in the 90's or is old, so they always want old bands.
    It's not our fault the best music was made in the '70s and '80s. And I can't be stuck in the '90s, 'cos I don't remember over half of them. I'm only fifteen.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    more indie and alternative rock... your list sucks
    edited December 2008
    neckermanncj;1643280 said:
    more indie and alternative rock... your list sucks
    With an attitude like that you don't deserve good DLC. :)
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Good list I would buy most of the songs (only not like 3 weeks of DLC) Great classic choices except I would change the Led Zeppelin album to Presence or Physical Graffiti (IMO their best two)
  • MajorPIYAMajorPIYA Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    I have to disagree with the 2 metallica albums, i say replace one with The first Damn Yankees alubm instead cause i love damn yankees.
  • kylerownsx62kylerownsx62 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Okay, to respond to everyone's replies as much as I can, here is a wall of text :).

It seemed nobody wanted Zeppelin IV, so voila changed to their greatest live album (better than their studio versions in my opinion), How the West Was Won. I added Quiet Riot and Judas Priest songs just because they deserve it. I know I favor metal, that's why I stated it in the beginning so it wouldn't be repeated a million times in responses. Also, I'm not big into alternative and I don't know a lot of indie bands because I spend too much time trying to get to know the already famous ones, I guess we just don't have the same tastes...and I guess you can have your opinion of my list sucking, although that was rather rude. Um, yeah and thanks for the responses.
    edited December 2008
    Teh_Jakester;1643278 said:
    It's not our fault the best music was made in the '70s and '80s. And I can't be stuck in the '90s, 'cos I don't remember over half of them. I'm only fifteen.
    Yeah I'm 15 too, I just really don't like anything that's come out recently. Seems we sort of have the same musical tastes...even though you didn't give me one positive comment yet :(.
    edited December 2008
    kylerownsx62;1643353 said:
    Okay, to respond to everyone's replies as much as I can, here is a wall of text :).

It seemed nobody wanted Zeppelin IV, so voila changed to their greatest live album (better than their studio versions in my opinion), How the West Was Won.
    Awesome. I would easily pay 1600 MSP for that version of Dazed and Confused.
    edited December 2008
    I'm sorry, I can't do positive ;-; It ends up sounding stupid ;-;

You didn't fix the two Metallica albums thing.
    edited December 2008
    Julio_Strikes_Back;1643366 said:
    Awesome. I would easily pay 1600 MSP for that version of Dazed and Confused.
    Lol, 25 minutes worth. Yeah, who wouldn't. I think online everyone would fail every single time because they would have to pause to take a bathroom break. It should be an achievement just completing it on any difficulty.
  • Savage303Savage303 Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    The only problem I see with your list is that it would cost me lots and lots of money. Other than that I like your picks.
    edited December 2008
    Teh_Jakester;1643369 said:
    I'm sorry, I can't do positive ;-; It ends up sounding stupid ;-;

You didn't fix the two Metallica albums thing.
    Okay, fine make me think of yet another epic album to add.................................................................................................................................................................. Haha I got it.
  • Siege21392Siege21392 Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    Wow your a genious do you know that? I wish HMX would get ideas from you, honestly
    edited December 2008
    Two Metallica albums? No. Get rid of The Black Album and use something good. May I suggest Skid Row's debut, for the awesome factor?
    Led Zeppelin IV is an awful choice for them. Go with II.
    Breakin' the Law wouldn't be fun at all for anyone. Get rid of it and use Stained Class.
    And, finally, use different Quiet Riot songs because yours are, like, totally lacking. Run for Cover, Pickin' Up the Pieces and Callin' the Shots are all great choices.
    I dont see whats wrong with two metallica albums, and whats wrong with the black album? That is thier best work! Cmon how can you deny wherever I may roam, Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters and The Unforgiven, I mean cmon! Ill use a phrase that Scott Ian from Anthrax used when everyone got critical about this album, "I will fight you"
    edited December 2008
    Siege21392;1643392 said:
    Wow your a genious do you know that? I wish HMX would get ideas from you, honestly
    Wow thanks I wish they did, maybe if this gets enough replies, a mod will find it and it'll take off from there. I doubt it considering I'm still in high school lol, but it would be pretty cool.
    edited December 2008
    ... it's their worst work. It's not Metal; it's not good. It's overproduced trash about abducting children and forcing them to pray. It's awful. The only Metallica album I may ever say it's better than is Death Magnetic, which had the worst guitar tone ever.
    edited December 2008
    Well since it looks like theres still love for the Black Album I'll just put it in the same week as Master of Puppets, no matter how hard it would be to chart all those songs in a week.
    edited December 2008
    Metallica don't deserve two albums ;-; No band does yet ;-; Not the Beatles, not Elvis, not Zeppelin, not Nirvana, not Metallica, not Whitesnake, not Motley Crue, not Bang Camaro, not Brian Setzer Orchestra, not Skid Row, not Black Sabbath, not Dio, not My Chemical Romance, not anybody. Not yet, anyway. And, besides, everyone knows Kill 'Em All owns all other Metallica albums.
    edited December 2008
    Teh_Jakester;1643420 said:
    ... it's their worst work. It's not Metal; it's not good. It's overproduced trash about abducting children and forcing them to pray. It's awful. The only Metallica album I may ever say it's better than is Death Magnetic, which had the worst guitar tone ever.
    Is that referring to Enter Sandman?
    edited December 2008
    Well, yeah. no it's refering to sad but true
    edited December 2008
    Teh_Jakester;1643434 said:
    Metallica don't deserve two albums ;-; No band does yet ;-; Not the Beatles, not Elvis, not Zeppelin, not Nirvana, not Metallica, not Whitesnake, not Motley Crue, not Bang Camaro, not Brian Setzer Orchestra, not Skid Row, not Black Sabbath, not Dio, not My Chemical Romance, not anybody. Not yet, anyway. And, besides, everyone knows Kill 'Em All owns all other Metallica albums.
    Okay, I'll admit no band deserves 2 albums, but this is a hypothetical list with hypothetical DLC. You don't need to be so realistic, I mean come on I put two albums in the same week, clearly I don't seriously expect 2 Metallica albums, especially in the same week.
    edited December 2008
    You really should make your lists good and realistic. I'm making a giant DLC thing, and I don't have Led Zeppelin, and each band with an album only has that, and maybe a few singles (except Nirvana, who also have a best of, 'cos they're cool).
    edited December 2008
    OK you should shut up now... Kill 'Em All? Cmon? Seriously? There are hardly any good songs on that album, I mean, this is before Hetfield even got the awesome growl in his voice, Which he lost that growl in Death Magnetic. I do agree that they should not release two albums from the same band, but hey, if HMX makes a lot of money off of it, which they would, i dont see a problem in it.
    edited December 2008
    Siege21392;1643465 said:
    OK you should shut up now... Kill 'Em All? Cmon? Seriously? There are hardly any good songs on that album.
    ... every song on the album is awesome as hell. For Metallica, I mean. Well, The Four Horsemen is kind of bad, but that's only because they slowed it down and made the lyrics suck. Metallica would be awesome if they still had Mustaine.
    edited December 2008
    every song on the album is awesome as hell. For Metallica, I mean. Well, The Four Horsemen is kind of bad, but that's only because they slowed it down and made the lyrics suck. Metallica would be awesome if they still had Mustaine.
    I guess we just have a different taste in music, but at least we will be able to merge against a common enemy, St. Anger. Correct?
    edited December 2008
    St. Anger was awesome, idiot.