Yngwie interview

HMXMusomanHMXMusoman Harmonix Developer
edited January 2009 in Announcements
Hey folks....Mr. Malmsteen speaks for your listening pleasure, givinig the lowdown on his new DLC tracks:
http://www.rockband.com/zine/yngwie_interview

Hope you enjoy! Brett

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Compelling television! :cool:

(except its not television)
  • AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    I find it humbling that even he finds Caprici Di Diablo hard to play, gives me hope to be a real guitarist!
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Whoa, never saw this coming.

Suh weet.
  • Mr JonnyearsMr Jonnyears Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    Oh blimey! Wasn't expecting an interview with Yngwie, listening now. I'm glad that this thread won't be full of people saying "OMG! That must mean Band X DLC in the works!" like the interview ones usually are!
  • PCB94PCB94 Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    Teh Awesomeness !
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited December 2008
    here's another good interview with him and his views about these games. If it doesn't play here just copy the link and paste it on another tab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJRoBrBLkc
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited December 2008
    really great interview. I enjoyed it!
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    he really summed up what music games are about when he said "it's a great way to connect kids to the music, and for musicians to connect to the new generation, and if one out of one hundred kids is so inspired to pick up a real guitar, then that's a great thing."

(paraphrasing, of course.)
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Nice! Keep this interviews coming! A lot of these are very interesting. I especially like the ones with Airbourne and Megadeth.
  • Chocobo115Chocobo115 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    great interview if you can't hear that well...

EDIT: Yet again I make an idiotic post. (Check first then complain)
  • fatalvendettafatalvendetta Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    Mr Jonnyears;1668150 said:
    Oh blimey! Wasn't expecting an interview with Yngwie, listening now. I'm glad that this thread won't be full of people saying "OMG! That must mean Band X DLC in the works!" like the interview ones usually are!
    Confirmed: Arpeggios From Hell for DLC.
  • ForgottenHeroForgottenHero Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    I'll tell you what, I've never heard of Yngwie before Rock Band but I gotta admit the guy is really chill. Seems like the kind of guy you want to grab a beer with you know.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Cool interview. Nice for the guitar god to stop by!
  • jgoshjgosh Super Star
    edited December 2008
    COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl
  • McDullMcDull Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    Great interview and very entertaining. It does sound like that we're going to get more Yngwie some time in the future! Please bring on Icarus Dream Suite Op. 4, Far Beyond the Sun, Dreaming, Don't Let it End, etc.!
  • chavez91chavez91 Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    thank god we have some yngwie was wondering if he would ever be tapped to have some songs as dlc hopefully we can get a couple of his old tunes on here, far beyond the sun demon driver and the likes
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Andyy;1668130 said:
    I find it humbling that even he finds Caprici Di Diablo hard to play, gives me hope to be a real guitarist!
    Slash can barely play on Medium, so don't expect a real guitarist being bad at a game to mean you can play real guitar amazingly.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    If you guys could get an interview with Billy Corgan or Scott Weiland, I would love you forever!
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Fuelie79;1680055 said:
    If you guys could get an interview with Billy Corgan or Scott Weiland, I would love you forever!
    The Smashing Pumpkins are in bed with GH, and even wrote a song specifically for it. I don't think we'll be seeing an interview with him soon.
    Not that I care, Billy Corgan is an ass (Heckling fans because they want you to play your good songs is lame. We get it Mr. Corgan, you made music after 1995, however it has uniformly sucked, and your fans have not shelled out $100s of dollars to hear G.L.O.W. and Tarantula at these gigs, and then get told off because they'd prefer to hear Cherub Rock and Geek USA.)

/Rant.
  • YngwieMalmsteenYngwieMalmsteen Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    Hohoho!

Happy Holidays! This is my very well-spoken gift for you all! If you want a drink with me, meet me at your Mom's house in a half hour! Oh wait! You already live there all the time so stay where you are!

Malmsteen-Owned!
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    YngwieMalmsteen;1680509 said:
    Hohoho!

Happy Holidays! This is my very well-spoken gift for you all! If you want a drink with me, meet me at your Mom's house in a half hour! Oh wait! You already live there all the time so stay where you are!

Malmsteen-Owned!
    O______________________________O
  • DarkHeartsDieDarkHeartsDie Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    i now have a much deeper respect for yngwie malmsteen now lol, to really set a challenge for himself to do Caprici Di Diablo the way that he did is just amazing, i nearly broke my hand myself trying to beat that song until i actually finally did beat the damn thing lol, i thought the 3 songs were damn good songs to begin with, but to have that meaning behind the songs (except Red Devil which is actually kinda dumb to write a song about how much you love your car(s) but to see them as art really kinda makes up for the stupidity of the reasoning of writing the song) i know a lot of artists write songs to have a deep meaning but really i don't really pay much attention to the meaning of a song unless it really catches my ear like Forever - In This Moment has done for me, i love In This Moment now just for that 1 song, my new fave band, friend bought the album, i got pissed, he let me download it to my ps3, i can't stop listening to it while playing Warhawk or on menu's in Rock Band 2 when the songs are available to play instead of the Rock Band song list interfering with the song playing (why do you think i spend so much time in the rock shop making new attires for my character? lmao)

but really, that interview did give a good insight on yngwie, i think i might actually go play all 3 songs in a set in quickplay o_o *dreads the thought of playing Caprici Di Diablo* someone get a pillowcase full of ice ready for me please :/ my hand is going to need it!
  • ZenweaponryZenweaponry Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Andyy;1668130 said:
    Yeah. Makes you wonder how many people in the world can play Caprici on any instrument (I mean like transposed to other instruments to mirror the guitar) when Yngwie has to psyche himself up to play it.
    edited December 2008
    YngwieMalmsteen;1680509 said:
    Hohoho!

Malmsteen-Owned!
    *Gasp!* *Runs the opposite direction*
  • hermosotrozohermosotrozo Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    thanx for the interview! i was waiting to see this
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Zenweaponry;1684879 said:
    Yeah. Makes you wonder how many people in the world can play Caprici on any instrument (I mean like transposed to other instruments to mirror the guitar) when Yngwie has to psyche himself up to play it.
    On any instrument? As crazy as it is, I think this would be considered a cakewalk for a good flute player or a jazz trumpeter.
    edited January 2009
    killer_roach;1699015 said:
    On any instrument? As crazy as it is, I think this would be considered a cakewalk for a good flute player or a jazz trumpeter.
    I don't think so. Try circular breathing on a flute. A jazz trumpeter perhaps if they can pull off the breathing.