RB: Pink Floyd

FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
edited June 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Ok this is my proposed setlist for an RB: Pink Floyd game the setlist like the GH games contains 60% Pink Floyd 40% other bands the total setlist is 50 songs I will edit and take most suggestions
Pink Floyd:
- Comfortably Numb
- Money
- Wish You Were Here
- Have A Cigar
- Sheep
- Brain Damage/Eclipse
- Time
- The Happiest Days Of Our Lives/Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
- Any Colour You Like
- Run Like Hell
- Empty Spaces/What Shall We Do Now?/Young Lust
- One Slip
- The Dogs Of War
- High Hopes
- Pigs (All Three)
- Coming Back To Life
- In The Flesh (Both)
- The Final Cut
- Welcome To The Machine
- Astronomy Domine
- Echoes
- Dogs
- Fearless
- Let There Be More Light
- Learn To Fly
- Sorrow
- Us And Them
- The Great Gig In The Sky
- Keep Talking
Other Artists (Mostly Prog. Rock Artists):
Roundabout - Yes
The Musical Box - Genesis
Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
Xanadu - Rush
Question - The Moody Blues
21st Century Schizoid Man (Including Mirrors) - King Crimson
Gone Hollywood - Supertramp
Song For America - Kansas
The End Complete V: On the Brink - Coheed And Cambria
Misunderstood - Dream Theater
Psychobabble - Alan Parson's Project
Ma Ma Ma Belle - Electric Light Orchestra
Tarkus - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Mother Russia - Renaissance
Empire - Queensryche
King Of Twilight - Nektar
Winter Wine - Caravan
Day Sixteen: Loser - Aryeon
Ars Longa Vita Brevis - The Nice
The Great Escape - Marillion
I will take any comments or suggestions so please post your opinions

Comments

  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Where's Learning To Fly? You can't not have that song and put The Dogs of War in there. (which I don't like, at all, personally)

    Love the bonus songs though~
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Trust me it to long to make this I forgot I'll add it now
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    I have a few more suggestions I forgot somehow~

    Dogs is a MUST, if they get their own game, it HAS to be on there~ You know you would love to play through all 17 minutes of it.

    Astronomy Domine~ need something from their first couple albums

    In The Flesh would be cool too
  • zephyr611zephyr611 Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    Good list. I'm debating whether or not "One of These Days" would be a good addition. It's a great song, but there's a lot of empty space on some instruments and there's no vocals. Actually, if they charted "One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces!" then it would totally be worth sitting around for the rest of the song as the vocalist.

    I feel like some of the bonus songs are kind of out of place, but they're still mostly good.

    EDIT: And if they somehow charted "The Trial" that would be epic.
    EDIT AGAIN: Yes, I agree with the guy above me. I want to play all 17 minutes of "Dogs"
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Ok so replace One Of These Days with Dogs?
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    I replaced Sorrow I did not put One Of These Days
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    jayou521;1678334 said:
    I have a few more suggestions I forgot somehow~

    Dogs is a MUST, if they get their own game, it HAS to be on there~ You know you would love to play through all 17 minutes of it.

    Astronomy Domine~ need something from their first couple albums

    In The Flesh would be cool too
    I actually agree I would love that entire album same for Wish You Were Here
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Fizzeler;1678363 said:
    I actually agree I would love that entire album same for Wish You Were Here
    Are you talking about Animals? That would definitely be awesome
    Fizzeler;1678357 said:
    I replaced Sorrow I did not put One Of These Days
    Ah ... but I love Sorrow :p (this is tough)

    How about attaching The Happiest Days of Our Lives to Another Brick Pt. 2? The radio does that a lot~ cause I really would like to play Sorrow
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited December 2008
    Fizzeler;1678294 said:
    Ok this is my proposed setlist for an RB: Pink Floyd game the setlist like the GH games contains 60% Pink Floyd 40% other bands the total setlist is 50 songs I will edit and take most suggestions
    Pink Floyd:
    - Comfortably Numb
    - Money
    - Wish You Were Here
    - Have A Cigar
    - Sheep
    - Eclipse
    - Time
    - Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
    - Any Colour You Like
    - Run Like Hell
    - Young Lust
    - One Slip
    - The Dogs Of War
    - Brain Damage
    - A Great Day For Freedom
    - Coming Back To Life
    - Paranoid Eyes
    - The Final Cut
    - Welcome To The Machine
    - Empty Spaces
    - Learning To Fly
    - Dogs
    - Terminal Frost
    - Signs Of Life
    - Goodbye Blue Skies
    - The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
    - Us And Them
    - The Great Gig In The Sky
    - On The Run
    Other Artists (Mostly Prog. Rock Artists):
    Roundabout - Yes
    Misunderstanding - Genesis
    Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
    Fly By Night - Rush
    Knights In White Satin - The Moody Blues
    Indoor Games - King Crimson
    Gone Hollywood - Supertramp
    Point Of Known Return - Kansas
    The Suffering - Coheed And Cambria
    Misunderstood - Dream Theater
    Harvest - Opeth
    Evil Woman - Electric Light Orchestra
    From The Beginning - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
    We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions - Queen
    Empire - Queensryche
    Blood Of Eden - Peter Gabriel
    Winter Wine - Caravan
    Time Beyond Time - Aryeon
    Sole Survivor - Asia
    We Did It Again - The Soft Machine
    I will take any comments or suggestions so please post your opinions
    id replace the Kansas song to Child of Innocence and the Soft Machine song to Moon In June and the ELO song to Ma Ma Ma Belle, the Queen song to Ogre Battle, the ELP song to Tarkus
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    a21schizoidman;1678375 said:
    id replace the Kansas song to Child of Innocence and the Soft Machine song to Moon In June and the ELP song to Ma Ma Ma Belle, the Queen song to Ogre Battle, the ELP song to Tarkus
    which ELP song??????????:confused::confused:
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    which ELP is which ELP
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited December 2008
    Fizzeler;1678383 said:
    which ELP song??????????:confused::confused:
    From the Beginning to Tarkus

    sorry, hit P instead of O for ELO
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    so Tarkus ok sorry I thought you posted ELP twice
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Okay~ I would really like for Sorrow to be on here. It's one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs. So I have another suggestion~

    How about attaching The Happiest Days Of Our Lives to Another Brick Pt. 2~
    and attaching Empty Spaces to Young Lust?

    The radio does that all the time~ and it wouldn't be as fun to play those songs by themselves
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    thanks for the help I am getting less confused now on the most "desirable songs" of these bands
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited December 2008
    oh, and Nights In White Satin is alright, but try The Voice for the Moody Blues or Question, maybe Ride My Seesaw or The Story In Your Eyes
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    jayou521;1678410 said:
    Okay~ I would really like for Sorrow to be on here. It's one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs. So I have another suggestion~

    How about attaching The Happiest Days Of Our Lives to Another Brick Pt. 2~
    and attaching Empty Spaces to Young Lust?

    The radio does that all the time~ and it wouldn't be as fun to play those songs by themselves
    actually I probably should and you are right
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    a21schizoidman;1678415 said:
    oh, and Nights In White Satin is alright, but try The Voice for the Moody Blues or Question, maybe Ride My Seesaw or The Story In Your Eyes
    That is a hard one, but I have to go with Knights in White Satin just because it is a really epic song
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    forgot to add the game features an export feature for a 10$ licensing fee due to difficulty of licensing
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    For Coheed and Cambria~ The Suffering is not a Prog song, it's Hard Rock.

    I think something more Prog like The End Complete V: On the Brink would fit right into a Pink Floyd game, especially the second half of it. You can hear the Pink Floyd influence more there.

    Or maybe The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut~ would also work well
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    I think "Fearless" is worth consideration as well, a solid well-rounded song for all instruments.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    I'd absolutely chunk down the cash for a game like this, but a few suggestions:

    1) Brain Damage and Eclipse are almost ALWAYS paired. As in, Brain Damage ALWAYS merges into Eclipse, and has, to my knowledge, never aired/been played at a concert as separate songs.
    2) "Breathe" from DSOTM is a MUST. Iconic.
    3) "Mother" from The Wall is iconic as well. Has a killer Gilmour solo also.
    4) "When the Tigers Broke Free" isn't totally iconic, but it's recognizable to fans, and is a beautiful, haunting song. Unfortunately, not a very "busy" song, and challenging strictly for the vocals.
    5) "In the Flesh" (both versions) kicks MAJOR ass. Would be outstanding for RB.
    6) No love for The Division Bell? I'd put "High Hopes" and/or "Keep Talking" on there to represent Floyd's final album together.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    I am trying to make the game appealing to all instruments without epic long songs although choosing prog as the main genre probably was not a good idea then the song I am wondering is the Genesis songs any other good ones you would like to offer
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    cherokeesam;1678494 said:
    I'd absolutely chunk down the cash for a game like this, but a few suggestions:

    1) Brain Damage and Eclipse are almost ALWAYS paired. As in, Brain Damage ALWAYS merges into Eclipse, and has, to my knowledge, never aired/been played at a concert as separate songs.
    2) "Breathe" from DSOTM is a MUST. Iconic.
    3) "Mother" from The Wall is iconic as well. Has a killer Gilmour solo also.
    4) "When the Tigers Broke Free" isn't totally iconic, but it's recognizable to fans, and is a beautiful, haunting song. Unfortunately, not a very "busy" song, and challenging strictly for the vocals.
    5) "In the Flesh" (both versions) kicks MAJOR ass. Would be outstanding for RB.
    6) No love for The Division Bell? I'd put "High Hopes" and/or "Keep Talking" on there to represent Floyd's final album together.
    Breathe I was considering, but thought I should diverse it more however High hopes is a good suggestion and you are right about the pairing
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    cherokeesam;1678494 said:
    6) No love for The Division Bell? I'd put "High Hopes" and/or "Keep Talking" on there to represent Floyd's final album together.
    Coming Back to Life is on there~ love that song too
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    This list is coming along well :)
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited December 2008
    Fizzeler;1678497 said:
    I am trying to make the game appealing to all instruments without epic long songs although choosing prog as the main genre probably was not a good idea then the song I am wondering is the Genesis songs any other good ones you would like to offer
    for the Genesis song, maybe The Musical Box or Dancing With the Moonlit Knight
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Musical Box I think that one is great
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    jayou521;1678505 said:
    Coming Back to Life is on there~ love that song too
    Yer right...didn't see Coming Back to Life on the list....but High Hopes and Keep Talking charted higher and are more recognizable, IMHO....:)
Sign In or Register to comment.