Paul is Dead?

Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
edited December 2008 in History of Rock
I've recently become interested in this popular urban legend. And after looking at the "evidence" I think there is much more to this myth.

There is no way all of these things ("turn me on dead man," album cover for Help, all of the lyrics on Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road's cover, etc.) can simply be a coincidence. Is Paul really dead? Was it meant to be a joke? Or was it made to sell more albums?

http://homepages.tesco.net/harbfamily/opd/index.html

Comments

• citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    I've always considered it wishful thinking on the part of one of the other members of the Beatles. The real question is, which one wanted to kill Paul the most?
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    John Lennon was obsessed with his fans overreactions on these type of things. He would often write lyrics to purposely start these myths, or confuse listeners. In fact, he actually wrote I am the Walrus after hearing that his lyrics were being analyzed.

It's widely believed that they did these things on purpose, or more specifically, John did. He definitely knew about the myth.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited December 2008
    The "growth spurt" is another odd thing. How come after his supposed "death" he grew two or three inches?
    edited December 2008
    I had never heard of that one, but I doubt it means much. Paul was in his late twenties, though obviously, the copy would be around the same age. If Paul can't grow, then why would his copy be able to?
  • Xaris3514Xaris3514 Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    I was under the impression that "Paul is Dead" was his and John's way of confusing their fans. Honestly, though, why would Paul's copy continue pretending to be him after the Beatles broke up if it were true?
    edited December 2008
    Xaris3514;1680639 said:
    I was under the impression that "Paul is Dead" was his and John's way of confusing their fans. Honestly, though, why would Paul's copy continue pretending to be him after the Beatles broke up if it were true?
    Maybe he's very dedicated to his job? Ever seen the "Super fun time" south park episode? :p
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    I'm quite sure it's all just John's shenanigans But it's a lot of fun isn't it?
    Also, check out the very end murmuring in "I'm So Tired" but backwards.

And do you you think that there is any corelation to "Paul is Dead" and the eerie laughter that comes twenty seconds after the end of
    a day in the life?" you know, with the "Never could see any other way. Never could see any other way..." repeated over and over. It creeps me out.
    edited December 2008
    l-o-t;1681702 said:
    I'm quite sure it's all just John's shenanigans But it's a lot of fun isn't it?
    Also, check out the very end murmuring in "I'm So Tired" but backwards.

And do you you think that there is any corelation to "Paul is Dead" and the eerie laughter that comes twenty seconds after the end of
    a day in the life?" you know, with the "Never could see any other way. Never could see any other way..." repeated over and over. It creeps me out.
    Well, Paul supposedly "died" in the Sgt. Peppers sessions.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    This is one of the most ridiculous rumors in the history of anything.
    I love the way that website explains some stuff.
    "Now if you multiply this by this number, then subtract 2, you could 28, which is how old Paul would be if you counted his age from conception" and blahblahblah.
  • Brian_StormBrian_Storm Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    regardelss of whether he's dead or not...his songwriting got infinitely better after his "death" which means that the paul copycat would have been more talented than the original so who cares whether hes dead or not...the one we have now is all we need!
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited December 2008
    I think it's just a joke by the Beatles. No weight to it at all.
  • Hurdy_GurdyHurdy_Gurdy Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    They were just screwing with the fans.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    instantdeath999;1680252 said:
    John Lennon was obsessed with his fans overreactions on these type of things. He would often write lyrics to purposely start these myths, or confuse listeners. In fact, he actually wrote I am the Walrus after hearing that his lyrics were being analyzed.

It's widely believed that they did these things on purpose, or more specifically, John did. He definitely knew about the myth.
    Yeah well he's the one who insisted to include Revolution 9 on White Album.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Lol... I read a few pages of your link and most of the "clues" are kind of... far stretched.
  • edited December 2008
    Brian_Storm;1701162 said:
    ...so who cares whether hes dead or not...the one we have now is all we need!
    I thought love is all you need?
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited December 2008
    HMXHenry;1711545 said:
    I thought love is all you need?
    I see what you did there.