My First Official Recording

WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
edited December 2008 in History of Rock
So I decided today that I should just record something for real and put it on Last.fm. I did so and the track came out well, in my opinion. It's a mix of stoner/doom metal and drone metal. I thought you guys might enjoy it.

http://www.last.fm/music/Celestial+Destruction/Celestial+Destruction/Solitary+Black

Comments

• polishdog90polishdog90 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    It sounds pretty good man! You have a lot of great riffs, but it could use some drums/other tracks.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    hey tony, this would sound all kinds of phat-boss-crunk with a drummer (who can also kick up some mean drones himself to accompany yours). ;)
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited December 2008
    afterstasis;1704066 said:
    hey tony, this would sound all kinds of phat-boss-crunk with a drummer (who can also kick up some mean drones himself to accompany yours). ;)
    I'm waiting to get a drum set (soon!). I recently discovered the land of Drop C tuning and the C blues scale and have realized how incredibly easy it is to make stoner metal riffs. I tried using the drum tracks that you had sent me for some of the riffs, but found that they were a little bit different stylistically than what I had written. Ultimately, I decided to just record some improvised riffs and go Earth style with no drums or anything. The beginning definitely needs some better tone but I really like my drone in the middle. It sounds good, and I'm not just trying to brag.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited December 2008
    WhiffleBallTony;1704173 said:
    I'm waiting to get a drum set (soon!). I recently discovered the land of Drop C tuning and the C blues scale and have realized how incredibly easy it is to make stoner metal riffs. I tried using the drum tracks that you had sent me for some of the riffs, but found that they were a little bit different stylistically than what I had written. Ultimately, I decided to just record some improvised riffs and go Earth style with no drums or anything. The beginning definitely needs some better tone but I really like my drone in the middle. It sounds good, and I'm not just trying to brag.
    I'm listening through your stuff now, it's not too bad, considering I don't listen to stoner metal. I would recommend learning the other scales in the key of C(D dorian, E phyrigian, ect).
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited December 2008
    Great tone, riffs could be sharper and faster. Add a layer of feedback and this could be potentially perfect.
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited December 2008
    It's pretty good, I definitely liked it a lot. I don't think it needs drums, but a few cymbal hits here and there wouldn't hurt.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Alright_Computer;1713879 said:
    It's pretty good, I definitely liked it a lot. I don't think it needs drums, but a few cymbal hits here and there wouldn't hurt.
    you meant to say "needs hip-hop beats", right?
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited December 2008
    afterstasis;1713888 said:
    you meant to say "needs hip-hop beats", right?
    Oh yeah, definitely. Especially the outro. Some mad beats would really bring the house down, yo.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited December 2008
    It could definitely use drums. I would be prepared to supply some if it wasn't for Israel and recording limitations and my sucky drum skills, haha. Some pretty kickass riffs. Definitely Sleep-influenced.

Oh man, if you lived anywhere near Pennsylvania I'm always open to the career of drummer, haha.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited December 2008
    Hungryfreak;1714079 said:
    It could definitely use drums. I would be prepared to supply some if it wasn't for Israel and recording limitations and my sucky drum skills, haha. Some pretty kickass riffs. Definitely Sleep-influenced.

Oh man, if you lived anywhere near Pennsylvania I'm always open to the career of drummer, haha.
    :( I've been looking for bandmates in my area. The main issue is that all of the musicians in Vermont are hippies and get stoned to the Grateful Dead, not Electric Wizard.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited December 2008
    You really need to move out. What's so good about Vermont, anyways? Just drop out of life (with bong in hand). Haha.

If I ever do get recording equipment, though, I would be glad to help with drums. I was imagining what would go where as I was listening to it, haha.