The Old Man Band (Players Over 30)

Comments

• jepjr13jepjr13 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
  • PubknightPubknight Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the session jepjr13.
    Sorry I had to bail... I'm just bagged after that endless setlist thing.
    screwing up all over the place.

I'll be back around tomorrow night for sure.
    I don't think Z is around tomorrow, but it would be great if we could assemble a full band for the That's Life battle of the bands before it runs out.
    edited February 2009
    same bat time,same bat channel?
    edited February 2009
    Yeah... probably even earlier... so I can play online with other folks longer.
  • zarlorzarlor Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Oops, I fogot to check my emails. Oh well. Jammer, sorry I missed you. I got your invite as I was finishing up a song, but by the time I tried to join you'd already gone on. Sounds like I missed both you AND PubKnight. :( I sent an invite to let you know I was back available, but I guess you guys were already on a set. At least I got to show off the "knight" outfit for Candy and 5ivewire. ;) Expect more, especially with Mardi Gras around the corner! Too bad it's hard to get a decent looking Purple and Green on a lot of those outfits, at least Gold usually looks fine.

As for tomorrow, I have choir practice, but I can try to get on between, say, 4:30-6:30 CST. I mgith be able to get in a little earlier and stay a little later, but that's about the best I can do for tomorrow. Other then that I likely won't be on again until Sunday (although it's usually pretty quiet on Sundays, although if last Saturday night was any indication it's mighty lively around here then! Too bad I'll miss it.)
  • ennis1437ennis1437 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Jammer, I will add you my screen name is v and Friend code is 1231 9780 1922. I play hard/ expert drums. and pretty solid medium guitar
  • Candy442Candy442 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    wow...we got to the very end of the five song set and our internet went out!!! I am so afraid to even try the ESL because of that! Sorry about that Z! nothing more frustrating than that. We have a couple of calls in to the company about the problem, hope it can be fixed. I was surprised I was doing so well on Hard "Trees". No guts no glory, right? oh well
    Don't give up on us guys!
    edited February 2009
    No worries, it happens. As for the ESL2, I would never do it with an online group anyway. If you want to do it just do it locally. Even with a rock solid connection I wouldn't do that thing online.
    edited February 2009
    Candy442;1912201 said:
    Get well soon Pub! I have not seen you on our friends list yet. I do have my FC posted on my signature. Now that you will be playing Bass, we will be happy to include you in when you are up to it. Well, even if you arent...lol, it won't matter to us!. Sometimes it just helps to ease the pain to concentrate on something else.
    Hi Candy,
    I'm sorry, I thought I had added you ages ago.
    I tried to enter you just now with the FC from your sig: 2477 5185 1681
    But it's telling me it's invalid.
    Is that the right code? Or am I just mildly stupid with respect to inputting it? (my disclaimer is I am on some pretty sweet painkillers at the moment)
    I'll try it again right now.
    edited February 2009
    Thopse are the numbers I have for them on my friend's listing. You may be entering wrong, unless you really do already have it in? Their name on the friends list is Xero.
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I'm freaking stupid (I'm going to blame the painkillers)
    I already had her in there... the post I quoted was from a long time ago.
    Apparently if you have someone in your friends list and try to re-add them, it doesn't give you a handy message like, "That person is already in your friends list"... it tells you "That friend code is invalid". That's So Helpful!

You done for the night Z?
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I'm off to choir practice. Thanks for the gig all! I MIGHT be able to fit in an hour tomorrow to try that battle again, but that's about it. After that I probably won't be on until Sunday.
    edited February 2009
    Seriously... with a full band, we will kill that Battle.
    *just* about had the full band tonight, but bostondrummer had to bail.
    edited February 2009
    Candy, when you guys are online (Xero is you, right), what gaps are typically in your band?
    I know you're a drummer as well... but in order to play together, I could switch out drums for bass. I'm not great on bass... just testing the waters with Hard... but medium wise I'm always in that 95-99% range.
    edited February 2009
    Yup, Pub...we are Xero. My son is also joined our band and usually plays Hard-Expert guitar. Brett has been singing because he is having pain in his arms from playing so much bass. I play the drums or sing. I am venturing on the guitar/bass, but not much beyond Easy-Medium yet because I am working on getting most songs on Expert drums. I am doing all songs on Hard drums now.
    Sounds good, when we invite, we will need a Bass player if you want to do that?
    Good suggestion Z, I thought everyone did the ESL online..lol. Goes to show you what I know!:D
    edited February 2009
    Anyone playing tonight after 8 EST????
    edited February 2009
  • CherkovCherkov Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Pubknight and Zarlor, thanks for the great set last night. I felt like I was stinking up the place since I haven't been on in awhile. Sorry I had to bail so soon after we just got a full band. Six o'clock is the typical dinner time around here though. Can't wait to get back on.
    edited February 2009
    I have a gaming night tonight, so I won't be on again, but thanks for joining in as always. I'm still ticked off that I missed getting 100% on 4 out of 6 on that Battle. I should be able able to get 100% on those every time. Very frustrating. :( I bet if we had a full band we could have moved up at least a place or two, though. Good luck with it guys!
    edited February 2009
    Pub, Jammer looks like we will be back on line for awhile. Internet problems our way, every once in a while, there is a "burp" in the wireless. Sorry for the disconnect! at least it was our band that got hit with the loss of fans and what not...but, our provider can't guarantee we will have a good wireless all the time. We live out in the boonies, when weather is bad as it has been lately in Michigan, we lose connections.
    :(
    edited February 2009
    No problem,I needed a beer anyway:)....
    edited February 2009
    Happy Valentines day Old Man's! xoxoxos
    edited February 2009
    Seen the Valentine's Day battle yet? I'm rather fond of the description.
    edited February 2009
    I am logging in right now! can't wait to see it!
    edited February 2009
    If that's you sending the invite, I have a Mardi Gras outfit on for you, but I'm in the middle of the ESL2 on Medium Bas right now, I'm only about 21 songs in, so I still ahve a ways to go. :( So sorry if I don't respond to invites for a few hours.
    edited February 2009
    Hey Pub! that was so fun, thank you for the duel. I have never done that before. You are truly the master! I will make sure that I defer to you playing the drums and I will humbly pick up the bass or guitar when forming a band..smile. I better practice up! I have to say, I do hit most of those notes, it seems to be the luck of the draw if the system sees it a split second too early or late, or if I do that, but in my mind I am hitting them when I should. Just "operator error" I am sure..smile.
    HIGH FIVE!!! great session!!

I am taking a quick break right now, need more coffee and Valentine M&Ms to fuel my drumming skills...:)

OK Z, good luck on the ESL2, I am dressed in Red in honor of Valentines day and wearing a "Pub" hat too!
    edited February 2009
    Candy, don't sell yourself short, you are a very solid drummer.
    I don't think I'm any better than you at all... I'm probably just more familiar with the latter tier stuff is all.
    Everyone has some patterns that they are good at/not so good at... it just depends on what comes up in a song. For example, Bad Reputation, you kicked ass, and that's a tricky song.
    Besides, I think we had an even split, didn't we?
    I refuse you deferring drums to me. I am happy playing bass in your band if you don't mind my 'medium-ness'.... in fact on lower tier stuff I can try out hard if you don't mind the risk of having to bail me out if I'm over my head.

I sent you a PM, but I'll restate it here as well:
    As a drummer... if you never buy any other DLC, buy the Rush stuff released last week.
    It will make you a better drummer.
    And it's a pleasure to play.
    If you told me your were homeless and you are living in a cardboard box with your Wii and you just couldn't buy it, I will gift you the Wii Points for it.
    Seriously. It's That Important.

Sorry for stinking it up on The Trees... (really needed a bathroom break).
    I'm up for the score duel any time... it's a great way for two drummers to play together.
    And since there really is no way to effectively signal you want a break... moreso to 'ready back in', do what you did and just drop.
    If you want to pick it up, re-invite.

Good luck on the ESL Z.
    I was thinking about doing the medium bass one too... let me know how enjoyable/painful it is.
    edited February 2009
    It's not a problem so far, but I'm only halfway through and taking a lunch break. It's probably 3 more hours and I'm not all that excited about it. You guys are making me want to jump into a band right now instead! :( Ah well, at least it'll get me more used to the new strummer I put in and get me into the groove more on bass/guitar so Candy or 5ivewire can have a chance at vocals when we jam together. ;)

Oh, as for Rush DLC. Everyone should get it, drummer or not. Just because... well, they're just such good songs and I want to sing them more often!
    edited February 2009
    Candy - nice hat =)

You aren't missing much today so far Z.
    Candy and I have been drum score dueling on and off.
    Lockheed and I just did a little quickplay session... we gold starred two songs in a row (yeah, I tried some expert online). Live Forever and... something else... geez... can't remember now.

V is around, but I think he might be doing an ESL as well, since he's been on a long time, and I've fired him off some invites with no response.

I'm kind of bouncing around from one thing to the next.
    I keep doing "make a 2 song setlists" in world tour, and going up the ladder from bottom tier up in expert drums while in between invites.

And I keep waiting for my bass pedal to fall completely apart.
    I should post a picture of it... it's pretty funny.
    I keep reapplying duct tape to it to try to hold it together.
    edited February 2009
    Candy442;1959864 said:
    I have to say, I do hit most of those notes, it seems to be the luck of the draw if the system sees it a split second too early or late, or if I do that, but in my mind I am hitting them when I should. Just "operator error" I am sure..smile.
    Don't be so sure about the operator error.
    I don't know if you've spent any time calibrating your system or not (depending on what everything is hooked up to)... but as you move up in difficulty, accurate calibration is critically important.
    (If you already know this, ignore me... but a lot of people aren't aware of the difference calibration can make)

If you have an lcd tv, or have your wii connected through a home theatre receiver... basically any setup other than a wii directly wired to a CRT tv, you should spend about half an hour and try 'fine tuning' your calibration.
    Check out this link/video... he explains it and walks you through what to do: http://crackedrabbitgaming.com/2008/09/19/video-tommy-guns-rock-band-2-manual-calibration-guide-papercraft/