Biopic: Cadillac Records

GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
edited December 2008 in History of Rock
Cadillac Records is the latest biopic film (with Who Do You Love and Notorious soon to take that title in winter 2009.) and I thought it'd be a decent topic for a time. It tells a summarized tale of Chess Records; focusing on Muddy Waters, Little Walter and Etta James; with minor focus on Chuck Berry and Howlin' Wolf.

I saw the film and the original music (or covers) were brilliant. Here is a quick clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hk-8Mp5PpE

I figure since there should be some folk, blues, soul enthusiasts here so this will have a good run as a topic.

Comments

• afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    waiting for netflix to get it. :)
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited December 2008
    It's only been in the cinema's since December 5th or so; a rental will be a long wait, I think.
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1713893 said:
    It's only been in the cinema's since December 5th or so; a rental will be a long wait, I think.
    i'm a very patient man.
    i literally have over 100 movies burned that i haven't gotten around to watching yet. i can go through music like crazy, but i have to be in a specific mood to watch a movie.

this looks good, though.
    edited December 2008
    Why not just go check out your local cinema? Haha.
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1713900 said:
    Why not just go check out your local cinema? Haha.
    anyone got a link to the "social anxiety" thread from the general forum for gowienczyk? :)

i've been to the theater approximately 5 times in the past 15 years, not counting rocky horror performances.
    edited December 2008
    afterstasis;1713903 said:
    anyone got a link to the "social anxiety" thread from the general forum for gowienczyk? :)

i've been to the theater approximately 5 times in the past 15 years, not counting rocky horror performances.
    Aw, that's too bad.
  • HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    GREAT MOVIE, already saw it on an academy screener (is it out in theaters yet?) everyone owes it to themselves to see thus, especially if you are a music fan.
    edited December 2008
    HyeJinx1984;1714083 said:
    GREAT MOVIE, already saw it on an academy screener (is it out in theaters yet?) everyone owes it to themselves to see thus, especially if you are a music fan.
    It opened on most screens around December 5th, I saw it... on the 15th?
  • polishdog90polishdog90 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1713916 said:
    Aw, that's too bad.
    Going to the Theater is a rip off anyway imo. 10 bucks is not worth seeing a movie.
    edited December 2008
    polishdog90;1714091 said:
    Going to the Theater is a rip off anyway imo. 10 bucks is not worth seeing a movie.
    I disagree.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited December 2008
    It depends on the quality of the movie wether or not 10 bucks is worth it.