Facts that rock your world

HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
edited December 2008 in History of Rock
We've all had it... either a lyric in a song turns out to be something other than what we thought, or we discover something about a band we like that we never knew that completely changes your perception of them. What has ever come to your attention that strikes you dumbfounded for at least 60 seconds?

In my case, I just learned that Jethro Tull is not the name of the leader of the band :eek:

Comments

• GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited December 2008
    HyeJinx1984;1714080 said:
    We've all had it... either a lyric in a song turns out to be something other than what we though, or we discover something about a band we like that we never knew that completely changes your perception of them. What has ever come to your attention that strikes you dumbfounded for at least 60 seconds?

In my case, I just learned that Jethro Tull is not the name of the leader of the band :eek:
    lolwat.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited December 2008
    The fact that the title track to Death is This Communion just repeats the same verse over and over again. For some reason, it sounds different each time. Sleep always did do a great job of messing with my mind. I guess Matt Pike still has that power, haha.
  • HyeJinx1984HyeJinx1984 Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1714087 said:
    lolwat.
    You know, I thought Jethro Tull was like "David Bowie" or "Marylin Manson" not like "Lynyrd Skynyrd"

Though I did always think to myself that "Jethro" seems like too hick of a name for an englishman...
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    I learned that Tupac Shakur is still alive. Doing science, I hear.
  • JonBobDenverJonBobDenver Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    HyeJinx1984;1714093 said:
    You know, I thought Jethro Tull was like "David Bowie" or "Marylin Manson" not like "Lynyrd Skynyrd"

Though I did always think to myself that "Jethro" seems like too hick of a name for an englishman...
    You're not alone in thinking Jethro Tull was a guys name, so did Lars Ulrich (kaching! just tossed Lars another quarter for saying his name) and apologized to Mr Tull for not having won Best Hard Rock Band at the grammys in 1990. Yeah, shows how inept the grammy voters are, Tull won that category first year it was available in 1989, Metallica (kaching! one more quarter goes to Lars!) won it the following year and well, Lars (kaching! I'm gonna go broke tossing this panty waist quarters) sounded like the insecure little twit that he is.

No, I'm not a fan of the little man. :eek:
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    i was quite shocked when i met caroliner members outside of their stage-costumes for the first time.

i literally had to bottle up so many questions that i'm sure they heard all the time (particularly "how can you guys possibly be so young?!").

one member had one of his parents on tour with him (apparently driving the van a lot), and another member had her grandparents on tow, working the merch-table!
  • TopazDolphinTopazDolphin Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    Donald Fagen, Paul Simon, Steve Miller, and Mark Knopfler all were English majors. As an English major myself, this is pretty awesome.