A new attempt at making a good RB3 songlist

ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
edited January 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I felt like creating another setlist. If Rockband 3 looks like this, I would never play another game.

I tried to satisfy every genre, but I have to say that Metal is a bit on the short side since I don't know that much bands.

Hope you like it.

1950s
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

1960s
Cliff Richard - Summer Holiday
The Turtles - Happy Together
Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
Cream - White Room
The Kinks - You Really Got Me

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along The Watchtower

1970s
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry
Ram Jam - Black Betty
Pink Floyd - Money
Joy Division - Disorder
The Doors - Light My Fire
The Eagles - Hotel California
The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
The Who - Bargain
Andrew Gold - Thank You For Being A Friend
Bob Dylan - Knocking On Heaven's Door
The Clash - London Calling
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Genesis - The Knive

1980s
R.E.M. - It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
Van Halen - Jump
Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
The Bangles - If She Knew What She Wants
The Cure - Fascination Street
U2 - With or Without You
Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure
Guns n' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
The Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
The Police - Every Breath You Take
Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Metallica - One
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight

1990s
The Scorpions - Wind Of Change
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Around The World
Aerosmith - Amazing
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Green Day - Basket Case
Oasis - Champagne Supernova
Nirvana - Come As You Are
The Cranberries - Dreams
Beck - Loser
Megadeth - Trust
Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up
Nine Inch Nails & David Bowie - Hurt (live)
Pantera - Cemetery Gates

2000s
Limp Bizkit - Take A Look Around
Alien Ant Farm - Movies
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Korn - Falling Away From Me
My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words
Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
Bush - The People That We Love
A-Ha - Velvet
Modest Mouse - I've Got It All(most)
Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
Weezer - Hash Pipe
The Darkness - Love Is Only A Feeling
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/v/z8jmLec_wEc"]Sigur R

Comments

• Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Coldplayer;1724032 said:
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    1: Stairway on guitar is the same ten seconds played over and over, then a mediocre thrity-second solo. Yawn. On bass and drums, it's nothing for half the song. Change it to something like Heartbreaker or Living Loving Maid.
    2: Smells Like Teen Spirit on guitar is the More Than a Feeling riff and sustains for the whole song. SUPER-YAWN. On vocals, it's an eratic feeling of never being able to properly sing it because Kurt is ALL OVER THE PLACE. And NOT in the good way. Change it to Come as You Are, Lithium, or, er, School.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Where's the Classic Progressive Rock? Yes, Rush, Genesis ...
    I did see Dream Theater, Coheed, and Tool though~ that's good~

Also~ wayy too many songs from the 2000s compared to the other decades
  • Jerome85Jerome85 Banned
    edited December 2008
    once again...no love for alice in chains??

id rather have that smell than sweet home alabama.

other than that i give you props for having these:

all along the watchtower
    black betty
    aerials
    wind of change
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited December 2008
    I love Heartbreaker, but Stairway is just one of the best songs ever and on Vocals it's a blast.

I will change Nirvana, just because I actually prefer Come As You Are as well, but Smells was the bigger hit, so I thought I take that song.

I think we have enough Rush, but I will add Genesis. Also some Phil Collins, now that I think of it.
    edited December 2008
    Then put Stairway in a Karaoke Revolution or SingStar list. There are other people in the band, you know.
    edited December 2008
    Teh_Jakester;1724171 said:
    Then put Stairway in a Karaoke Revolution or SingStar list. There are other people in the band, you know.
    There are people who would love this song on guitar, drums and bass as well. I know I will.
    edited December 2008
    You think you will. You won't like waiting around for four minutes doing nothing while the vocalist sing moaning away about some chick buying some staircase. And the guitarist is falling asleep, playing ten seconds for six minutes,
    edited December 2008
    Teh_Jakester;1724223 said:
    You think you will. You won't like waiting around for four minutes doing nothing while the vocalist sing moaning away about some chick buying some staircase. And the guitarist is falling asleep, playing ten seconds for six minutes,
    You don't know me at all. ;)

I love listening to great songs. I don't have to play all the time. I don't need challenging soli and stuff. I mean, think of real musicians. Do you think that every Led Zep member (except for the singer) hates to play this song? It's a great song. It's a great band experience. I love listening to this song. And as a drummer I will love the wait until I finally start playing.
    edited December 2008
    But think of the people (there are waaaaaaaaay more than you'd think) who LOATHE the song. And it would be Pinball Wizard 2.0. PLAY THIS SONG 237895643681258754213689 TIMES SO YOU CAN GET TO THE ROCK IMMORTAL CHALLENGE... AND PLAY IT AGAIN!!!119-23FVEF234342!! I'd kill myself.
    And my brain just exploded.
  • n4sc4rn4sc4r Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Teh_Jakester;1724223 said:
    Why not, it works for Behind Blue Eyes (One of my favorite songs to play no ANY instrument). That said, I must agree that Stairway would kind of stink for an on disc song. With some bands it would be tolerable, but Zeppelin? They have so many good songs, so why pick this one? I would put the The Ocean.

Other than that the list is pretty good, except for the Van Halen song. Perhaps you could replace it with Panama, or Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, or something?
  • AirborneMistAirborneMist Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    I like most the choices
  • VoteWithABulletVoteWithABullet Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    To many repeat bands off of what we currently have, No PANTERA??
    & why HOLY DIVER instead of RAINBOW IN THE DARK?? Come on man, keep it original with nice variety!!
    edited December 2008
    VoteWithABullet;1724325 said:
    To many repeat bands off of what we currently have, No PANTERA??
    & why HOLY DIVER instead of RAINBOW IN THE DARK?? Come on man, keep it original with nice variety!!
    I changed the Dio song. I don't like Holy Diver, I just wanted to please the Dio fans.

Tell me a good Pantera song and I may add them later.
    edited December 2008
    An even better than good PANTERA song would be "Cemetary Gates" It's the SH*T!!!!!!!!!! Would be in the 90's!!
    edited December 2008
    VoteWithABullet;1724353 said:
    An even better than good PANTERA song would be "Cemetary Gates" It's the SH*T!!!!!!!!!! Would be in the 90's!!
    Done.
    edited December 2008
    Nice!! Those 2 songs alone sold your list to me!! Just one more I'd like to see changed, SMASHING PUMKINS needs to be "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" cause, despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage!!!
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited December 2008
    The setlist is very good, but my problem with it is that you are playing it very safe.

98% of those songs are chart-toppers/hit singles from their respective bands. I would like to be exposed to NEW music; most likely why I own this game in the first place. I just feel like that you didn't delve very far off of the 'beaten path.'
    edited December 2008
    If you want to be exposed to new music turn on a radio! I didn't buy this game to discover bands, I bought it to play some chart toppers!!!:D
    edited December 2008
    First, I love Bullet With Butterfly Wings, but I love Tonight, Tonight slighty more.

And Pyro, you may be right, but I didn't take those songs because they were hits, I took them because I like them. Besides, I took Price of Gas for Bloc Party, which wasn't even a Single. ;)

Oh, and I'm sure there are enough songs on that list you don't know, right?
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited December 2008
    Metal Bands...

you should've added Bullet for my Valentine songs like "Tears Don't Fall" or "Hearts Burst into Fire" would be awesome.
  • HarveydentHarveydent Opening Act
    edited December 2008
    Over all a good list, I would have changed some songs and added some. Like somebody stated earlier too much in the 2000's, but whatever. Lastly "All Along The Watchtower" came out in 1968 so change that!
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    edited December 2008
    TakeABow;1724577 said:
    Awesome List.
    Aww, thanks. I know I could count on your approval. :D
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    OMG i thought you were gonna leave out Paranoid Android, i am surprised you put it in

*lols* hehe :D :D :D i absolutely love alot of the songs you chose best RB3 setlist i've seen!!! xD
    edited December 2008
    neckermanncj;1725637 said:
    OMG i thought you were gonna leave out Paranoid Android, i am surprised you put it in

*lols* hehe :D :D :D i absolutely love alot of the songs you chose best RB3 setlist i've seen!!! xD
    You don't really think I would ever forget about Radiohead? ;)

Oh, and thanks! :)
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Coldplayer;1726009 said:
    You don't really think I would ever forget about Radiohead? ;)

Oh, and thanks! :)
    i was being sarcastic :p
  • Matt LOLMatt LOL Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    There are about 50 zillion Pumpkins songs better for Rock Band than Tonight, Tonight, but oh well. Drums would be ****ing killer though.
    edited December 2008
    Matt LOL;1726627 said:
    There are about 50 zillion Pumpkins songs better for Rock Band than Tonight, Tonight, but oh well. Drums would be ****ing killer though.
    Well, it's probably my favorite Pumpkins song. I would like Bullet with Butterfly wings or 1979 as well though. But Tonight, Tonight has the priority for me.
  • Followell4Followell4 Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    Overall pretty darn good. The song choices don't always match my favorites but many of the bands do. Where is Okkervil River and Kings of Leon?