How do you like Battles to be run?

OldFogeyOldFogey Road Warrior
edited December 2008 in History of Rock
I've run a couple of battles now where I've had ten choices -- songs or whatever -- up at a time. Most of the other battles do it the classic way -- pair off competitors and the winner advances to the next round. I didn't do that because I was concerned how long it would take. But I'm starting to wonder -- I mean, who's in a hurry? And having to listen to ten different songs can be quite a lot.

So, I'm wondering which you like better -- the classic playoff style with one and against one and the winner advances, or ten at a time (or five or whatever) with the top vote getter advancing?

Comments

• afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    more choices is more goods.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    OldFogey;1729530 said:
    I've run a couple of battles now where I've had ten choices -- songs or whatever -- up at a time. Most of the other battles do it the classic way -- pair off competitors and the winner advances to the next round. I didn't do that because I was concerned how long it would take. But I'm starting to wonder -- I mean, who's in a hurry? And having to listen to ten different songs can be quite a lot.

So, I'm wondering which you like better -- the classic playoff style with one and against one and the winner advances, or ten at a time (or five or whatever) with the top vote getter advancing?
    I support your method OldFogey like my grunge singers battle the more choices the better
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    I vote 5 at a time. I agree with rob gordon though, it should be 5 - no more, no less.