Who is the second coming of leftover_crack

a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
edited January 2009 in History of Rock
Since he has basically all but left the forums, there have been numerous people that seem to be dying to take this title

so, here's the list

shredding_gnome:
Shredding_Gnome;894012 said:
ok so my headlining act would be dragonforce and the other bands would be slashes band tom morellos band and i think its lou who is in charlie daniels band some thrash metal band

the other stages would probably be guns and roses aerosmith and maybe a band that plays dragonforces music or music similar to it

my last stage would be the cool stage where only cool bands get to play such as dragonforce because they would play on the first stage and then come to the cool stage also the led zeppelin and maybe soulja boy can bring his band to play
Shredding_Gnome;1762201 said:
i thought the singers for led zepplin IS led zeplin lol but i guess thats the guitarist right
Shredding_Gnome;902338 said:
once again those are opinions and i hope you can see where im coming from please leave me to my own opinions and dont make fun of them please and i have heard more than one of zeppelins songs such as stairway going into heaven and im not a history guy lol so i dont know certain dates when things happened all i know is that led is a really good guitarist and he found a singer a drummer and a bassist to form led zeppelin sometime in the 50s or 60s and dragonforce okay live i will admit they are not the best but they are damn good oh and dragonforce is soon going to be at the level led zeppelin was as legends
zeppelin1969
zeppelin1969 said:
Who Doesnt REALLY like Zeppelin without them there is no rock there are no bands from today and the 90's like nirvana, foo fighters, pearl jam etc.
zeppelin1969 said:
pink floyds first hit album came out in 1973 zeppelins first hit album was released in 1969 so your wrong
zeppelin1969 said:
led zeppelin didnt invent music they invented rock they took the blues and turned it into what we know today as rock without zeppelin there is no rock period somany things came out of led zeppelin its not even funny modern rock bands were heavily influenced by led zeppelin and along with sabbath they invented heavy metal
zeppelin1969 said:
okay lets set things straight the beatles were more of a pop band than a rock band Hendrix invented rock guita and i love hendrix Cream i also love clapton is god but lets be real all of these bands were started before or peaked before zeppelin was even thought of pages riffs and solos plants wail bonhams drumming and jones' basslines were all pue beauty pink floyd's first 7 albums were chart disasters (again success is measured on the charts) and drum/guitar battles etc would help enhance the gameplay of an already all around great game
zeppelin1969 said:
but the who were alot softer than zeppelin the only thing that was extremely hard about them was daltreys vocals and werent extremely succesful it was mostly zeppelin who invented hard rock with some help from deep purple and black sabbath
zeppelin1969 said:
hendrix wasnt hard rock even though he was amazing he incorporated so much more than rock into his music psychadelia , r&b, blues some of his songs were hard rock but most were rock blues or r&b based

METALLIC-ROSE
METALLIC-ROSE;1739008 said:
i found out in one of my threads that people hate me for liking metallica more than the beatles. i got comments like the beatles>>>>metallica and i wanted to know what is wrong with those people can they hear? please tell me what you think about metallica vs. the beatles not by who sold the most cds, but who sounds better let the beatles die off, and move on to the next level of rock people. in my opinion, Metallica out shines the whole group
1.Metallica
2.Led Zepplin
3.Guns N Roses
4.Rolling Stones
5.Van Halen
1,128,094,465,789,999,999,999.Chris Brown
1,128,094,465,790,000,000,000.The Beatles1,128,094,465,790,000,000,000.5.The Sound A Butt Makes (closely following The Beatles)

what do you think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dont hate me for this, hate yourself for liking the beatles more than metallica

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and yes bands like Ozzy Osbourne, and Megadeath are in my list right after Van Halen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:confused:=you dont get this at all
:mad:=you are an angry beatles fan, and hate me
:p=you are amused that people like the beatles
;)=you dont care
:D=you love metallica too
:)=you agree with me
:rolleyes:=you think both bands suck
:cool:=metallica would beat the heck out the beatles any day
:eek:=you found out there's a band called The Sound a Butt Makes

Rockbandfan23467
- too many to list

Teh_Jakester
:
Teh_Jakester;1726957 said:
Sammy. Honestly, Roth was good, but Sammy had a better range, and Dreams was just badass.
"oh but he ruined their partyness with ballads waaaaaaaah"
... hey! Aren't you one of the people defending the Black Album?! Anyway:

Tell me that doesn't rock. I dare you.
Teh_Jakester;1683443 said:
Stop telling people to skip St. Anger. Seriously. You act like it's the plague. It's a good album, much better than their '90s efforts and Death Magnetic, which all sucked to varying degrees.
Teh_Jakester;1626406 said:
Paul was waaaaaaaay more Metal. I mean, compare Wrathchild and... say... Aces High. Wrathchild is loads more rockin'. I'd put Di'Anno above Dickinson in almost every catagory. He obviously loses in terms of range, but, really. I perfer rockin' vocals that don't really go anywhere pitchwise to semi-rockin' vocals that are all over the place. Oh, and Dickinson's 1999 version of Wrathchild is hilarious.

No Iron Maiden vocalist could do any of the others' songs.
Teh_Jakester;1491234 said:
Load and Reload were actually Metal, believe it or not. The Black Album wasn't, though. I made this thing where I re-genred all of Rock Band, and I listed Enter Sandman as "Bob Rock" :| they're their own genre hell yeah
Teh_Jakester;1483538 said:
But Nirvana did. It's just like saying that if Sabbath hadn't invented Metal, some other band would've, which is probably the case, but it didn't happen. Get over it. Nirvana brought Grunge into the mainstream. No amount of complaining and disparaging the band will cha-OH, MY GOD. I KEEP FORGETTING HOW WHOLE LOTTA LOVE HAS THAT COOL LICK NEAR THE MIDDLE. Wait, where was I? Oh, yeah. Nirvana brought Grunge to the mainstream; Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Green River or whoever you wanted to didn't. You can't change that.

edit: Oh, and the only overrated thing here is SLTS. Most people who constantly praise Kurt for inventing Grunge only know SLTS and maybe a few random singles. The rest of their discography lies forgotten, even though it's much, much better.
Teh_Jakester;1483702 said:
There's a difference between "best" and "favourite". My favourite band is Nirvana, but they're far from the best. If I had to give best a real shot, I'd say The Timothy Lee Band.
Teh_Jakester;1482738 said:
... I'd say Pixies are Grunge and Nirvana aren't.

any more noms before I put the poll up?

Comments

• Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited December 2008
    I am not the second comming of crack!!!!!

Yes, Gnome is long gone.

I nominate:
    Crimsonsaint's teacher
    Bruce Dickinson isn't a real person, simply a pawn in SNL's grand scheme to take over the world
    Gene Frenkle is Will Ferrel's split-personality. He too wants to rule the world.
    Gene Simmons
    Wiki vandles (They called Tom Petty Pop-Punk!!!)
    U2Phreak1969
    And anyone who claims a band has sold out or worships Satan.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Can I be the person who tries to bring up their downfall
    Oh and I vote for Zeppelin1969
    edited December 2008
    I also nominate this guy:
    Icarus80;894772 said:
    Thats because the Beatles are a boy band, not a rock band they did in the 60's and 70's what New kids on the block and backstreet boys did in the 80's and 90's. Go ahead and flame its true, same goes for The Who even being considered the best of all time. GNR and Zep had more talent than the Who and their weak hippy songs.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1741803 said:
    I also nominate this guy:
    Second that guy has no idea what he is talking about, but still Zeppelin1969 is much more ignorant
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited December 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1741562 said:
    I am not the second comming of crack!!!!!

Yes, Gnome is long gone.

I nominate Goweinczik or however you spell it, he thinks that Green Day isn't Pop-Punk, that Cliff Burton is awful, and tons more.

other nominations:
    Crimsonsaint's teacher

Gene Simmons
    Wiki vandles (They called Tom petty Pop-Punk!!!)
    Julio's sister
    U2Phreak1969
    And anyone who claims a band has sold out or worships Satan.
    I also give solid reasons and back up my claims, so your just whining generally. You are just as stupid as the day I encountered you and I've generally become more laid back.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1741823 said:
    I also give solid reasons and back up my claims, so your just whining generally. You are just as stupid as the day I encountered you and I've generally become more laid back.
    You think Cliff is awful? I'm going to assume your argument is that he was messy, but I'd like to hear it.

Note: I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious as to your reasoning.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;1741869 said:
    You think Cliff is awful? I'm going to assume your argument is that he was messy, but I'd like to hear it.

He hates his playing style.
    edited December 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;1741869 said:

I don't like him personally or stylistically so that doesn't help. But I think he's sloppy yes; and find his playing method not creative at all. Scales are good for exercise and maybe jam sessions. But in a song, even in metal, it needs soul. I just find him as a atrocious bassist for tons of personal preferential reasons.

My favorite bassists are in post-hardcore, alternative rock, jazz and soul/funk bands. Outside of jazz, it doesn't overdo structure. But all cases are creative, simple (except jazz) and soulful to some extent. Oh yeah, also innovative in a good way.

XP
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1741896 said:
    I don't like him personally or stylistically so that doesn't help. But I think he's sloppy yes; and find his playing method not creative at all. Scales are good for exercise and maybe jam sessions. But in a song, even in metal, it needs soul. I just find him as a atrocious bassist for tons of personal preferential reasons.

My favorite bassists are in post-hardcore, alternative rock, jazz and soul/funk bands. Outside of jazz, it doesn't overdo structure. But all cases are creative, simple (except jazz) and soulful to some extent. Oh yeah, also innovative in a good way.

XP
    You're a big fan of minimalism, aren't you? I know you're a fan of Kim Deal.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited December 2008
    I know I probably shouldn't contribute to this thread for the reasons Gow stated, but can I nominate Drama313? He was far worse than crack ever was.
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk is no longer on my nomination list. He isn't as stupid as SNL-hating teacher or Julio's sister.
    edited December 2008
    instantdeath999;1741902 said:
    You're a big fan of minimalism, aren't you? I know you're a fan of Kim Deal.
    I like minimalism over technicality, yes.

Let me grab a few names from my bassist I bow to list, uh....

Ben Steidel (Funeral Diner) - Post-Hardcore Bassist that implements soulful strums and palm muting.

David William Sims (The Jesus Lizard) - Crunchy, innovative bass tone and innovations that went on to be used in bands like Shellac and Unwound.

Kim Deal (Pixies) - I think it's obvious why anyone likes Deal; shes minimal, catchy and in between the perfect amount of soul and creativity.
    edited December 2008
    edited December 2008
    Runesmith;1741911 said:
    I know I probably shouldn't contribute to this thread for the reasons Gow stated, but can I nominate Drama313? He was far worse than crack ever was.
    Oh yeah, he was bad. Didn't he have a sidekick, though? They would both lurk in the hair metal thread, and would only show up each week to complain about well-received DLC.
    edited December 2008
    Rockbandfan23467;1741940 said:
    Are you a bassist?
    When I want to play bass, yeah.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1741930 said:

Kim Deal (Pixies) - I think it's obvious why anyone likes Deal; shes minimal, catchy and in between the perfect amount of soul and creativity.
    Exactly, fun to learn how to play her bass lines by ear too.
    edited December 2008
    What about that Guitar Zero guy?
    edited December 2008
    I guess I understand your argument (you knew Cliff? Crazy) and I can't agree or disagree because I don't listen to him enough. I really avoid Metallica's first three albums because they all sound so sterile. Not to say they're bad, but they lack energy of any sort.
    edited December 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;1741990 said:
    I guess I understand your argument (you knew Cliff? Crazy) and I can't agree or disagree because I don't listen to him enough. I really avoid Metallica's first three albums because they all sound so sterile. Not to say they're bad, but they lack energy of any sort.
    You misunderstood me when I said personally. I worded it wrong, I guess.
    edited December 2008
    I nominate myself for Crack 2.0.
    edited December 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;1742022 said:
    I nominate myself for Crack 2.0.
    Did you notice I nominated your SNL hating teacher?
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited December 2008
    instantdeath999;1741944 said:
    Oh yeah, he was bad. Didn't he have a sidekick, though? They would both lurk in the hair metal thread, and would only show up each week to complain about well-received DLC.
    FredGSanford? His sidekick was actually worse, though...I remember him bitching in the DLC thread when we got The Who. :eek:
    edited December 2008
    May I have some links to Drama313 and FredGSanford?
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited December 2008
    Wait!

For someone to be Crack 2.0, they must start a band, think everyone cares, then explode in the face.

*sigh*

Good times.
    edited December 2008
    I will begin my Leftover_Crack campaign by stating that I thoroughly enjoy every Nickelback album up until Dark Horse (I hate that album). I also enjoy Creed.
    edited December 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;1742097 said:
    I will begin my Leftover_Crack campaign by stating that I thoroughly enjoy every Nickelback album up until Dark Horse (I hate that album). I also enjoy Creed.
    I'm so sorry.
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1742112 said:
    I'm so sorry.
    Ahahahahaha. Gotcha.;)
    edited December 2008
    Theres so many post-grunge rock bands you could do so much better with...
    edited December 2008
    Gowienczyk;1742125 said:
    Theres so many post-grunge rock bands you could do so much better with...
    I was being sarcastic yo. I enjoy Creed's instrumentation, but I can't stand Scott Stapp's voice. Nickelback isn't as bad as everyone seems to think, but they aren't anything special either.
    edited December 2008
    TheCrimsonSaint;1742137 said:
    I was being sarcastic yo. I enjoy Creed's instrumentation, but I can't stand Scott Stapp's voice. Nickelback isn't as bad as everyone seems to think, but they aren't anything special either.
    oic