Shades of Fleetwood Mac thread

a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
edited February 2009 in History of Rock
Here's a thread to post your favorite Fleetwood Mac songs and albums from EACH GENERATION!!!

yes the band has come a long way since 3 members left the Bluesbreakers to start the band to become to pop-rock sensation they are today!

let's hear everyone's favs!

Comments

• Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    So a21, which Fleetwood Mac lineup is the classic lineup to you?
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited January 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1747216 said:
    So a21, which Fleetwood Mac lineup is the classic lineup to you?
    peter green
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    I can say that I love the Nicks/Buckingham era of the others there are a few songs I could pick that I really like, but as you can tell from my Sig. I love the Nicks/Buckingham era
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1747316 said:
    I can say that I love the Nicks/Buckingham era of the others there are a few songs I could pick that I really like, but as you can tell from my Sig. I love the Nicks/Buckingham era
    the nicks era is prolly my fav. too, but Future Games is my fav. album by them

whats ur fav. album, id guess Rumours, but that may be too easy, lol
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747349 said:

My favorite album is Rumours although Fleetwood Mac is a close second followed by their live album The Dance
    On another note did you know they are going on tour again and releasing a new album I hope I can get tickets when they come over to the east coast in March :D
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1747386 said:
    My favorite album is Rumours although Fleetwood Mac is a close second followed by their live album The Dance
    On another note did you know they are going on tour again and releasing a new album I hope I can get tickets when they come over to the east coast in March :D
    they are coming to Chicago, but i got no $ and also, no Christine :(
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747349 said:

So you think Green is the classic, but Buckingham/Nicks is your favorite?
    edited January 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1747415 said:
    So you think Green is the classic, but Buckingham/Nicks is your favorite?
    yes? do i need to draw a diagram?

the Green era is the original, blues-rock Fleetwood Mac, he was the one who got the key pieces (John McVie and Mick Fleetwood) in place and got the ball rolling for them

but the Nicks era, damn its good
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747435 said:

the Green era is the original, blues-rock Fleetwood Mac, he was the one who got the key pieces (John McVie and Mick Fleetwood) in place and got the ball rolling for them

True although the Nicks era lost a good amount of their original blues-rock they released their greatest albums during that era and I hope their new album will be good and hoping I can get tickets as well to their concert (gotta save some coin myself) if I can I bet it will be epic they truly are one of my favorite bands (and both my parents as well)
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1747450 said:
    True although the Nicks era lost a good amount of their original blues-rock they released their greatest albums during that era and I hope their new album will be good and hoping I can get tickets as well to their concert (gotta save some coin myself) if I can I bet it will be epic they truly are one of my favorite bands (and both my parents as well)
    they dont come here til march, so i may be able to get some money together by then, hopefully
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747466 said:
    they dont come here til march, so i may be able to get some money together by then, hopefully
    The only reason I think I like them so much is because of my parents they exposed me to all their music when I was a kid and now I love their music just like my parents (seems weird when I think about it though)
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747435 said:

Just because it's the original doesn't mean it's classic. But just because it's your favorite doesn't mean it's classic either! (Just saying)
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1747488 said:
    The only reason I think I like them so much is because of my parents they exposed me to all their music when I was a kid and now I love their music just like my parents (seems weird when I think about it though)
    i fell in love with them after i first found out they did Don't Stop, then i got a compilation album and rumours, now, i love all of them!!
    edited January 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1747498 said:
    Just because it's the original doesn't mean it's classic. But just because it's your favorite doesn't mean it's classic either! (Just saying)
    sigh, you ignored the rest of what i said about why then, didnt u?
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747500 said:
    i fell in love with them after i first found out they did Don't Stop, then i got a compilation album and rumours, now, i love all of them!!
    Yeah Don't Stop is probably my favorite Fleetwood Mac song then Rhainnon and after that Dreams
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1747506 said:
    Yeah Don't Stop is probably my favorite Fleetwood Mac song then Rhainnon and after that Dreams
    The Chain, then Future Games, then World Turning
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747502 said:
    sigh, you ignored the rest of what i said about why then, didnt u?
    No I did. I'm sorry about that.
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747511 said:
    The Chain, then Future Games, then World Turning
    The Chain is probably the 4th on my list

On a side note: we need more people to post in this thread because we need more opinions because I want to help compile a history of Fleetwood Mac with all their greatest songs from each era
    edited January 2009
    Fizzeler;1747562 said:
    The Chain is probably the 4th on my list

On a side note: we need more people to post in this thread because we need more opinions because I want to help compile a history of Fleetwood Mac with all their greatest songs from each era
    if i get my hands on Fleetwood Mac BBC Sessions from my library ill put one up in the blog over the weekend
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1747567 said:
    if i get my hands on Fleetwood Mac BBC Sessions from my library ill put one up in the blog over the weekend
    That would be great I guess you could also, put a 4th era which is the current from the start of the 90s so you could use three albums for a 4th era technically 4 considering they are releasing a new album
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited January 2009
    I remember liking Man of the World to a good degree... I think?
  • sg327sg327 Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    I'm more familiar with material from the Buckingham/Nicks era. Some of my favorites are "Dreams", "The Chain", "Gold Dust Woman", "Go Your Own Way", "As Long As You Follow", "Bleed To Love Her" and "Over My Head".

I have heard "Hypnotized" from the Welch era and like that one a lot. (He's got a couple solo songs I like too).

I think that's kind of funny when you sit down and try to think of your favorite songs from different groups how they've changed over time. I know my favorite songs from some of my favorite groups change constantly. Might be a cool topic for another thread for somebody to start.
  • TopazDolphinTopazDolphin Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    I'm familiar with all eras except the Peter Green and Time album ones.

The Bob Welch era was good, Bare Trees being one example. Speaking of Future Games, I don't recall enough of it to fairly judge it.

The Lindsey Buckingham/Stevie Nicks era was great, especially with Tusk and Tango in the Night.

I love Christine McVie. She added a special touch to their overall sound. Almost everything she wrote for this band was simply beautiful.
    edited January 2009
    im gonna start another thread (at the idea and suggetion of fizzeler and sg) for more bands like this each week so this friday, look out!
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1757053 said:
    im gonna start another thread (at the idea and suggetion of fizzeler and sg) for more bands like this each week so this friday, look out!
    Well me and sg327 kinda think you should do this I personally find it interesting
    edited January 2009
    anyone else?

the next one will go up on friday
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    I've been meaning to dive into Fleetwood Mac's discography for a while now after hearing Go Your Own Way on rb2. Where's the best place to start? Go Your Own Way is becoming one of my favourites, and I know my dad has Rumours on vinyl which I plan to dig out.
    Where do I go from there? :)
    edited January 2009
    Nitz13;1777709 said:
    I've been meaning to dive into Fleetwood Mac's discography for a while now after hearing Go Your Own Way on rb2. Where's the best place to start? Go Your Own Way is becoming one of my favourites, and I know my dad has Rumours on vinyl which I plan to dig out.
    Where do I go from there? :)
    well, Rumours and Fleetwood Mac (self-titled) 1975 (they have 2 self-titled) will get you into the Buckingham-Nicks era, then you can move either into the Bob Welch era with albums like Mystery to Me and Bare Trees, or delve deeper into the current era with Mirage and Tango in the Night

with the Peter Green era I would start with Mr. Wonderful
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    a21schizoidman;1778264 said:
    well, Rumours and Fleetwood Mac (self-titled) 1975 (they have 2 self-titled) will get you into the Buckingham-Nicks era, then you can move either into the Bob Welch era with albums like Mystery to Me and Bare Trees, or delve deeper into the current era with Mirage and Tango in the Night

with the Peter Green era I would start with Mr. Wonderful
    Thanks, I'm really enjoying Rumors at the moment. I will definitely have to check out the rest of their discography.