clashcityrocker10's Rock Band 3 Setlist

clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
edited February 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
So I decided to make a Rock Band 3 setlist, and here it is. Comments are always welcome, and if you feel like I should've picked a better song from a band for the list, feel free to suggest it and I'll see about replacing it. If you notice any mistakes in spelling or dates, let me know. All in all, there's 120 songs on the setlist.


50s (3 songs)
Bill Haley & His Comets- "Rock Around the Clock"
Chuck Berry- "Johnny B. Goode"
Elvis Presley- "Hound Dog"

60s (14 songs)
The Allman Brothers Band- "Whipping Post"
Bob Dylan- "Like a Rolling Stone"
The Byrds- "I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better"
Cream- "Strange Brew"
Creedence Clearwater Revival- "Born on the Bayou"
The Doors- "Light My Fire"
The Isley Brothers- "It's Your Thing"
The Kinks- "You Really Got Me"
King Crimson- "21st Century Schizoid Man"
Neil Young- "Cinnamon Girl"
Santana- "Evil Ways"
Simon and Garfunkel- "I Am a Rock"
Sly and the Family Stone- "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)"
The Rolling Stones- "Jumpin' Jack Flash"


70s (29 songs)
AC/DC- "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)"
Aerosmith- "Dream On"
Black Sabbath- "Iron Man"
Bob Marley- "Jamming"
Boston- "Don't Look Back"
Bruce Springsteen- "Thunder Road"
The Clash- "Spanish Bombs"
David Bowie- "Rebel Rebel"
Deep Purple- "Burn"
Dire Straits- "Sultans of Swing"
Emerson, Lake & Palmer- "Lucky Man"
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention- "Camarillo Brillo"
Genesis- "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"
The Grateful Dead- "Uncle John's Band"
Johnny Cash- "Man In Black"
Led Zeppelin- "Over the Hills and Far Away"
Little Feat- "Dixie Chicken"
Lynyrd Skynyrd- "Call Me the Breeze"
Ohio Players- "Love Rollercoaster"
Parliament- "Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker)"
Pink Floyd- "Comfortably Numb"
The Police- "So Lonely"
Ramones- "Sheena is a Punk Rocker"
Rush- "Fly by Night"
Steely Dan- "Dirty Work"
Thin Lizzy- "Jailbreak"
Velvet Underground- "Rock & Roll"
The Who- "The Real Me"
YES- "I've Seen All Good People"



80s (27 songs)
Bad Brains- "Banned in D.C."
Bad Religion- "No Control"
Beastie Boys- "Fight for Your Right"
Billy Idol- "Dancing with Myself"
Black Flag- "Rise Above"
Blue Oyster Cult- "Burnin' for You"
Dead Kennedys- "Government Flu"
Devo- "Whip It"
Flock of Seagulls- "I Ran"
Golden Earring- "Twilight Zone"
Guns N' Roses- "Mr. Brownstone"
INXS- "What You Need"
Iron Maiden- "The Trooper"
Judas Priest- "Living After Midnight"
Meatloaf- "Bat out of Hell"
Metallica- "Seek and Destroy"
Midnight Oil- "Beds are Burning"
Queen- "Hammer to Fall"
Red Hot Chili Peppers- "Fight Like a Brave"
R.E.M.- "Stand"
The Smiths- "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore"
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble- "Cold Shot"
Talking Heads- "(Nothing But) Flowers"
U2- "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
Van Halen- "Unchained"
Violent Femmes- "Blister in the Sun"
ZZ Top- "Gimme All Your Lovin'"



90s (23 songs)
Alice in Chains- "Rooster"
Anthrax and Public Enemy- "Bring the Noise"
Blind Melon- "No Rain"
blink-182- "Dysentery Gary"
Blues Traveler- "Run-Around"
Deep Blue Something- "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
Goo Goo Dolls- "Iris"
Green Day- "Basket Case"
Megadeth- "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due"
Modest Mouse- "**** Luck"
Nirvana- "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle"
The Offspring- "The Kids Aren't Alright"
Pearl Jam- "Better Man"
Radiohead- "Paranoid Android"
Rage Against the Machine- "Guerilla Radio"
Reel Big Fish- "Sell Out"
Smashing Pumpkins- "Bullet with Buttefly Wings"
Soundgarden- "Fell on Black Days"
Stone Temple Pilots- "Big Empty"
Sublime- "Seed"
Tom Cochrane- "Life is a Highway"
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers- "Learning to Fly"
Weezer- "Undone (The Sweater Song)"


00s (24 songs)
Airborne- "Stand Up for Rock 'N' Roll"
Alien Ant Farm- "Smooth Criminal"
Andrew W.K. - "Party Hard"
Belle & Sebastian- "The Blues are Still Blue"
Buddy Guy- "Who's Been Fooling You"
Carbon/Silicon- "The Whole Truth"
Coldplay- "The Hardest Part"
The Darkness- "I Believe in a Thing Called Love"
The Decemberists- "The Soldiering Life"
Dream Theater- "The Glass Prison"
Incubus- "Anna Molly"
Interpol- "Evil"
Jimmy Eat World- "Sweetness"
The Killers- "Somebody Told Me"
Logan Whitehurst- "Me and the Snowman"
Queens of the Stone Age- "No One Knows"
Silversun Pickups- "Dream at Tempo 119"
Spoon- "I Turn My Camera On"
System of a Down- "Aerials"
Tool- "The Pot"
Warren Zevon- "Disorder in the House"
We Are Scientists- "Nobody Move, Nobody get Hurt"
The White Stripes- "The Hardest Button to Button"
Wolfmother- "White Unicorn"

Comments

  • obsoleteshockobsoleteshock Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    That's a really, really good setlist. Good job!
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited January 2009
    I would download at least 90% of that setlist if it was released as DLC. Excellent, well-rounded choices. Might want to add a hair metal and goth tune or two to the list, though.
  • Mister-ZMister-Z Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Some songs shouldn't be there, or replaced, but overall it's a good setlist.

    I'd buy it.
  • edited January 2009
    You didn't pick Clash City Rockers? Thats ironic...but Spanish Bombs is an amazing song
  • Meatwad555Meatwad555 Merch-Table
    edited January 2009
    I'd probably buy it.
  • Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
    edited January 2009
    I'd buy it. I like the mix of music,and think most of those songs would go great in the game.
  • willdabeast21willdabeast21 Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    i like some parts of it (particularly Mr. Brownstone, best GNR song ever)
    but, some parts i dont like (particularly the Zeppelin, Nirvana, and blink-182 songs)
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Runesmith;1799621 said:
    I would download at least 90% of that setlist if it was released as DLC. Excellent, well-rounded choices. Might want to add a hair metal and goth tune or two to the list, though.
    Yeah, I meant to add some hair metal and goth to the list, but I forgot. Might edit some in later on.
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;1799690 said:
    You didn't pick Clash City Rockers? Thats ironic...but Spanish Bombs is an amazing song
    Actually, Clash City Rockers isn't my favorite Clash song. Only reason it's in my title is that I think it looks pretty good as a name.
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    clashcityrocker10;1799455 said:
    Pink Floyd- "Comfortably Numb"
    Judas Priest- "Breaking the Law"
    Comfortably Numb is just too... too... well, it wouldn't be terribly interesting for most people, and the guitar solo is too perfect to be defiled by idiots who strum constantly. Money would be a much better choice, methinks.
    And Breakin' the Law's guitar part conists of the green button being held down, being strummed slowly, until a riff that moves around the fretboard a bit. Repeat ad nauseum. Livin' After Midnight, Stained Class or Better By You, Better Than Me would be... better.
    I love your Nirvana song, though.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Overall great list very well rounded and not one genre is over represented
    My only suggestion:
    Change I've Seen All Good People to Roundabout or Starship Trooper

    Good ELP song choice (I would have gone with Trilogy, Lucky Man is a great choice)

    Like I said that is my only suggestion if this was the list I would definitely buy it
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Teh_Jakester;1802470 said:
    Comfortably Numb is just too... too... well, it wouldn't be terribly interesting for most people, and the guitar solo is too perfect to be defiled by idiots who strum constantly. Money would be a much better choice, methinks.
    And Breakin' the Law's guitar part conists of the green button being held down, being strummed slowly, until a riff that moves around the fretboard a bit. Repeat ad nauseum. Livin' After Midnight, Stained Class or Better By You, Better Than Me would be... better.
    I love your Nirvana song, though.
    Good point on "Comfortably Numb," that solo is really great. I debated on "Breaking the Law" and "Living After Midnight," but I decided on "Breaking the Law" because I like the song better, although both are awesome. Thanks for the Nirvana comment, people really should get to know a little more of them outside the really big songs.
  • Necross131Necross131 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I think you need a different Zeppelin song. I think "Black Dog" would be good, although I'm not sure what they would say about the lyrics, "Good Times Bad Times" would probably be the one i would want on there over anything else (although they just need Led Zeppelin in general lol)

    Also, I would say put in some big hair stuff in there for the people who really love it... well i guess just plain widen the spectrum from mostly rock for all those people that like other stuff to.

    So overall great setlist, 5/5 from me.
  • ClassicRockFanatic23ClassicRockFanatic23 Rising Star
    edited January 2009
    Nice.... I Would buy this easily. Love the Doors choice
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Necross131;1802802 said:
    I think you need a different Zeppelin song. I think "Black Dog" would be good, although I'm not sure what they would say about the lyrics, "Good Times Bad Times" would probably be the one i would want on there over anything else (although they just need Led Zeppelin in general lol)

    Also, I would say put in some big hair stuff in there for the people who really love it... well i guess just plain widen the spectrum from mostly rock for all those people that like other stuff to.

    So overall great setlist, 5/5 from me.
    I agree, any Zeppelin would be great, and honestly I picked a song from them at random, knowing most would be a lot of fun. Like I said before, I meant to put hair metal in, but totally spaced and forgot.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited January 2009
    clashcityrocker10;1802722 said:
    Good point on "Comfortably Numb," that solo is really great. I debated on "Breaking the Law" and "Living After Midnight," but I decided on "Breaking the Law" because I like the song better, although both are awesome.
    Go with Living After Midnight, because Breaking the Law would be so boring to play. Guitar is mostly power chords and open notes with no guitar solo. Vocals are mostly muttering "breakin' the law" with none of the high notes Halford is famous for (which are also the most fun parts to sing in JP songs). Drums and bass are also incredibly basic.

    EVERYTHING about Living After Midnight is better than Breaking the Law.
  • edited January 2009
    clashcityrocker10;1802433 said:
    Yeah, I meant to add some hair metal and goth to the list, but I forgot. Might edit some in later on.



    Actually, Clash City Rockers isn't my favorite Clash song. Only reason it's in my title is that I think it looks pretty good as a name.
    It is an awesome name. Rock Rock Clash City Rockers!...I love that line
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    WingsOfSteel;1802950 said:
    Go with Living After Midnight, because Breaking the Law would be so boring to play. Guitar is mostly power chords and open notes with no guitar solo. Vocals are mostly muttering "breakin' the law" with none of the high notes Halford is famous for (which are also the most fun parts to sing in JP songs). Drums and bass are also incredibly basic.

    EVERYTHING about Living After Midnight is better than Breaking the Law.
    Yeah, will do that now.
  • ThE G4R4G3ThE G4R4G3 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I Cannot beleive there aint any smiths tracks on rock band imglad someone else thinks there should be good choice (Y)
    ROCK BAND NEEDS TRACKS FROM THE SMITHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;1802952 said:
    It is an awesome name. Rock Rock Clash City Rockers!...I love that line
    Thanks. You also have a great name.
  • edited January 2009
    clashcityrocker10;1803307 said:
    Thanks. You also have a great name.
    Very original isn't it? :p
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited January 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;1803348 said:
    Very original isn't it? :p
    Of course.
  • punk-picassopunk-picasso Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    HELL YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    awesome with the exclusion of a few songs
  • punk-picassopunk-picasso Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    We are all on drugs would be a better weezer song
    i voted 5 btw
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited February 2009
    nice list, almost perfect
Sign In or Register to comment.