wii rock band drum set problem - need help

wonderboy850wonderboy850 Unsigned
edited May 2011 in Rock Band
I just got the rockband drum set for the wii. I hook it up to the usb port on the wii console and nothing happens. the 4 led indicators on the drum set don't light up. There's no reset or sync button anywhere on the drum set and the wii console won't even register that its plugged in. The main light (wtith the drums icon) on the drum set lights up but that's about all it does. Can anyone tell me if i'm missing something. I bought the drum set separately coz i didn't want the guitars or the mic. Already did a system update on the wii. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
-Alan

Comments

• tatonka05tatonka05 Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    did you try starting the game? My wii doesn't recognize the drum set unless the game is running
    edited January 2009
    as in, start it by using the wii remote to pick the game just like any other game. the drum set should get picked up shortly after the warning screen about the strap
  • wonderboy850wonderboy850 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    yeah i've started the game. i'm starting to think i bought the wrong game. i got guitar hero world tour.
    edited January 2009
    yeah i start the game with the remote. its not picking up the drums.
    edited January 2009
    Ah, yup, there's your problem. The RB drums will NOT work with GHWT on the wii. The GHWT wii drums are not sold separately yet either
  • edited January 2009
    edited January 2009
    ok. so there's nothing wrong with my drum set or console. i just got the wrong game. These were christmas presents so that means i'm stuck with guitar hero world tour and no instruments. Thanks for the advice guys! appreciate it.
  • Suze60Suze60 Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Is there a sync button on rock band 1 drum set? If, so where is it? Can't get my drums to work.
  • RednazRednaz Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Suze60 wrote: »
    Is there a sync button on rock band 1 drum set? If, so where is it? Can't get my drums to work.

Really? You don't even have a similar problem to the OP. You also gave less information then the OP did so we don't even know what the problem is. Fail necro thread.
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    There's a sync button on the dongle. Wait, you said RB1 drums... those aren't wireless so why would there be a sync button? User fail.
  • do they work for legends of rock
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    This thread was four years old.
    The only game subtitled "Legends of Rock" was Guitar Hero III, which did not involve drums whatsoever.