Looking for players over 30

SeaStewardesssSeaStewardesss Opening Act
edited October 2013 in Xbox 360
Hey -- If there's anyone out there who likes to play this game just for fun, I'd love to hear from you. I play guitar/bass mostly on expert and have loads of DLC including the ACDC track pack and RB1 songs. I'm 33 and prefer playing with "the older crowd". Gamertag is sea stewardess, feel free to add me. All skill levels and instruments welcome!! :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Official Rock Band 30+ Community that was organized in this thread has moved ENTIRELY to Facebook, effective August 2011. All previous links to member directory documents and old forums are no longer in use and will not be updated. Below is the link and a copy of the group description, which includes instructions for joining. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY because if you do not follow all 5 requirements, your join request will be ignored. It is especially important to have public messaging on Facebook turned ON, and to check your "Other" folder for admin messages.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RB30plus/

------------------------------------
Welcome to ROCK BAND 30+, the first organized mature gamer group for Rock Band®, established July 8, 2008.

[RB30+] is a "drama-free zone" of adults over 30 yrs old, who want a fun mature online Rock Band gaming experience. In the group, we share our opinions about anything concerning Rock Band’s music and gameplay and support each other's progress and achievements. We organize weekly events like matched real-time Battle of the Bands, online DLC quickplay parties, and sponsored battles on Rockband.com.

The members of RB30+ range from newbies to the leaderboard elite ... the typical member plays several instruments at the hard-to-expert level and has a significant DLC investment. 95% of the membership is on the Xbox 360 console; all gaming platforms are welcome.
------------------------------------
How to Join: After clicking the "Ask to Join Group" button, you will receive a message from an RB30+ admin. CHECK YOUR FACEBOOK "OTHER" FOLDER under the Inbox -- the message will most likely be delivered there by Facebook. Don't miss it...if you don't respond to the admin note within a week, your join request will be deleted. Membership subject to approval: any applicants not meeting ALL these requirements will be ignored:

1) Your FB profile MUST allow for messaging from the admins! No ability to be contacted means NO membership.

2) Show that you are either 30 yrs old or share a similar working-adult life,

3) Have an active online account (e.g. Xbox Gold),

4) Use your real name and have a real (non-avatar) profile picture,

5) Have your Facebook friends list visible during the approval.

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2009
    What nights/times are you looking to play?

I'll be 36 next week, have all the DLC/RB1/RB2/ACDC imported.

I can do drums on hard/expert(gold star some of the earlier expert songs, some of the impossible/nightmare songs I CAN'T do on expert)

I can do vox med/hard (Prefer med as my vocal chords don't catch on fire, but I will do hard if need be)

Guitar/Bass hard/expert (can do pretty much all the songs on expert except some of the impossible stuff. Not great at the higher difficulty tiered songs, but I can do them on expert).

Gamertag is Thunder Buckets
  • IBNTTTIBNTTT Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    38 - I mainly like to sing if you need vocals (expert), over 80 DLC tracks plus RB1 tracks. Will grab Steve Miller tonight. Not a big fan of the screaming/growling songs but can hum if you pick them.

user - aaronond
  • DegsDegs Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Hey Sea,

It's good to see others in the over 30 club that play RB2. I play with random people online a lot, and most are frickin' 13 year olds haha!

Like you, I also have a lot of DLC (about 240 songs), the AC/DC pack, and RB1 songs exported. It'd be nice to jam out with someone that actually has some of the additional DLC songs for once.

I'm a Platinum artist on Lead, Bass, and Vocals, so I don't mind filling in where ever is needed. I play most nights for about an hour (or more if I'm not going out with my buddies).

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm just about to turn 31 and I live in the CST timezone; if that helps gauge when I'm usually on.

Hit me up and lets jam out. My tag is Degs44.

Later,

Degs
  • KillerRhino4KillerRhino4 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    34 here and I just started playing drums on a new ION set up. Would love to play for fun anytime you on. I can also play expert guitar/bass on most but the highest tier songs and can sing on medium. The Gamertag is killerRHINO4 .:D
  • Dracos DragonDracos Dragon Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I'm 38 and play for fun, mainly guitar but will sing.
    I play between easy/medium as I am still a novice, so count me in.
    Not been on line yet due to the same reason mainly idiots.

GT: Dracos Dragon
  • crystalfirecrystalfire Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Finally!:D
    I've got a couple of posts out there but not many responses, so I'm gald to see that I'm not the only older gamer out there.
    I play xpert vox and would like to look you guys up to Jam.
    I really love singing in RB I do pretty well on most songs. I will dl more songs if I have to.

I'll send message to you. Sorry to many creepy guys out there can't leave my gt:eek:

Just remember my name
    Crystalfire.
  • SeaStewardesssSeaStewardesss Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    Hey Guys -- Thanks for responding. I believe I have contacted each of you on XBL. If I missed anyone just shoot me a message :D. Oh and it's good to know that I'm not the only big kid out there. All my friends think I'm childish for being totally addicted to this game. I say scr*w them guys, I was born to rock lol
    edited January 2009
    They're just too busy being 'grown ups' ;)

Where's the fun in that? :D

Crystal there's never anyone around my place that wants to sing, certainly not on expert.

If you want to join up with us when we're online shoot me a friend invite or what have you.

The more the merrier :D
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited January 2009
    36 here.

GamerTag=Wutdaflux
    edited January 2009
    I'm so excited to see other players!!
    whats your gamertag noble?

Crystalfire
    edited January 2009
    crystalfire;1850401 said:
    I'm so excited to see other players!!
    whats your gamertag noble?

Crystalfire

thunder buckets (long story ;) )
  • NomadicLassNomadicLass Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    35 here.

I have exported RB1 and about 170 DLC. I pretty much stick with drums on hard, unless I know it's a song I can breeze through then I step it up to expert. On crazy songs like Painkiller I may just go down to medium because - while I can play them on hard - they just aren't fun (for me at least!), and if I'm having an off night I hate for people to bail me out of trouble.

I'd love to jam out with any of y'all. So many on XBL want/expect others to play on expert...I'm just not quite there yet. :o My schedule is odd right now so I'm online at various times throughout the day/week.

GT: NomadicLass
  • Lisel2Lisel2 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I am definitely over 30 (and so are my friends that hooked me into this). I play mostly guitar/bass on medium (so far), sing on medium, drum on easy.
    edited January 2009
    Nomadiclass and Lisel2 I just sent you friend requests.

I'm going to be on most of the weekend so whenever you gals want to jam just let me know :)
  • IBNTTTIBNTTT Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I usually play two nights a week once on the weekend and on Wednsdays after bowling (beer helps me sing, or at least I think it does). I can play bass and some guitar on expert. Not great at the drums, only medium (the bass peddle kills me).

I got the invite from you Sea, Thanks.

Others my tag is -aaronond (222 songs total) if your interested.
  • ayambadayambad Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Hello felow rockers, i'm 30 years old and love this game it would be awesome to play with you guys. Basically I like to play any instruments but difficulty level will vary as follows: (guitar & bass / expert-hard) (drums & vox / medium-hard).

Sometimes my wife (a week fm turning 30 :D) will join me so let us know.

FYI, songs available are RB1/ACDC/DLC 100+

Gamertag: Jimmy Wolf29

Let there be Rock!!!
  • baio2kbaio2k Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Fun thread. I'd love more mature people to jam with. I'm not actually 30 but getting pretty close.

I have RB1/20Free/ and ~65 other DLC with that number increasing regularly.

Anyone and everyone should feel free to add me. I mostly play Drums on Hard/Expert, but also can and will play guitar/bass on expert.

GT: blaze4daze420
  • starr42starr42 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Hiya! I am 31 and do vocals on medium. I can do base/guitar on easy. Drums are out of the question- LOL. I have some DLC. I played online last night for the first time with random people and it was fun for the most part... but man there are some rude kids out there who expect everyone to be experts like they are I guess. Anyway if you wanna play...let me know.
  • SimdogSimdog Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    SeaStewardesss;1841750 said:
    Hey -- If there's anyone out there who likes to play this game just for fun, I'd love to hear from you. I play guitar/bass mostly on expert and have loads of DLC including the ACDC track pack and RB1 songs. I'm 33 and prefer playing with "the older crowd". Gamertag is sea stewardess, feel free to add me. All skill levels and instruments welcome!! :)
    41 here.Sent u a friend request. Hope to play soon. Love this game, but i don't ego trip on it. I just wanna have fun.
    edited January 2009
    I've also sent messages to people if they want to Jam sometime.
    I play Expert Vocals.:D

So if you play Expert anything please mention it in your post!

Don't forget to leave your GT

Crystalfire:)
  • RoknotRoknot Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I ain't 30.. i am 26, but i hate playing with people around my age i prefer the more mature crowd.. I prefer to play for fun, and wife only sings for a couple songs every so often. So just kinda looking for some peeps to play and shoot the sh*t with.

I play guitar/bass hard/expert (except visions god i hate that song, still stuck on med)

Sing med/hard (i can sing some songs expert but only ones i know)

Drums med/hard (i can drum a few songs on expert)

I have RB 1 import, ACDC, the 20 free songs and an assortment of songs that i just love to play, about 253 songs grand total.

BTW if my wife joins me she is 30, and only sings on hard. Told ya i like the more mature crowd, lol.

Gamer Tag is Roknot pretty easy to remember, eh? lol.
  • SeaStewardesssSeaStewardesss Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    Thanks again everyone for responding. I think I've added u all. Oh and incase anyone sends me an invite and I don't respond...not being rude. My daughter plays under my gamertag sometimes and more than likely she is playing the game. Talk to you all later :D
  • magicmarker78magicmarker78 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    30 year old bass(MED/HARD) and guitar (Med) looking to play for fun and the achievements.

Feed up feeling bad for playing med with expert bands :(

I have all free dlc content + RB1 + a good hand full of track packs.

Anyone feel free to give me a shout for a game.

Will be on this afternoon 1pm GMT if anyone is up for doing the band challenge or anything

Gametag - Magicmarker78
  • SeekonkRaySeekonkRay Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I'm also glad to see so many of you who are in my age bracket (well, a bit younger, I'm mid 40's). I also have tons of DLC, the AC/DC tracpac, the Boston album, The Who Album, The Cars, The Country Pack, the NoDoubt album, etc. I am a drummer and play Expert/Hard, I love almost all kinds of music (that yelling speed metal is not really my cup of tea), but my favorites are good old rock and roll with a 4 on the floor beat! My gamer tag is SeekonkRay.

Oh, my first experience trying the online band stuff really pissed me off. What is it with these arrogant gamers who insult you for no reason about your ability or skill level? I just want to have fun, break a sweat and jam!

I don't mind jamming with players who play on any level, so if you are a bass/guitar/vocalist and enjoy playing, I'm more than happy to sit in on drums (no matter your level).
  • kvn4kvn4 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Looks like I'm the old guy, 44. Pacific time zone, usually on between 6 and 10 weeknights. I play guitar or bass on hard. RB1, RB2, AC/DC and 200+ DLC.

gt - kvn4
    dlcquickplay.com/xbox/kvn4
    edited January 2009
    Nope, I've got you beat by 1 trip around the old sun!
  • NomadicLassNomadicLass Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    magicmarker78;1859507 said:

Feed up feeling bad for playing med with expert bands :(
    I can sympathize, magicmarker. Even while playing mainly hard, at times I feel bad when I'm surrounded by expert/platinum players. Some folks are great and don't care what level you play at, but others... *shrug* I just want to play, enjoy the music, and have fun. :cool:

I sent out a bunch of friend requests yesterday, and will send others out today to the newest posters once my son jumps off the XBox.

Hey Raknot, thanks for the "30 minute" jam session yesterday - it was fun. :D
    edited January 2009
    Another thing I'd really like to see is some mentoring. For instance, a skilled drummer could help you out (like a lesson). Unfortunately I can't figure out how you would do that in the game since you can only do an instrument battle. It would be great if you could do freestyle mode using 2 instruments. Then, you could help someone. Heck, you could even give lessons out! Hmmm, now there is an idea!
  • Shuggy71Shuggy71 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    38 years old and like to jam to all the music and do not care about scores/skill level.
    I have all the DLC, RB1, ACDC etc.
    Guitar/Bass - expert (preferred)
    Drums - hard/some expert

I am usually playing solo so hit me up with an invite.
    Gamertag : Shuggy71
    edited January 2009
    I think if anyone has been playing on hard for a while, if they play with a truly xpert band, they can play xpert! I am an expert vocalist and have helped many players by using my star power to bring them back up before they crash! You're missing out on alot fun!
    Most expert players don't want to help cause they need the star power for themselves or they are trying to achieve 8x multipliers!! which= Gold Stars and Points.
    So try Xpert level, you'll never play hard again
    Plus I will have more older bandmates to JAM with .......no offense:eek:

Sry I don't leave gt but I will look you up when i can
    keep leaving you gamertags guys :D
    Crystal