• GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2029645 said:
    it is my fav. Kansas album, then Masque

glad u seem to be getting use of the thread Sputnik, lol
    Always Never the Same is mine.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    What is the overall opinion of Transatlantic they are my favorite Modern Prog. Band (okay favorite Modern Band)
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2033249 said:
    What is the overall opinion of Transatlantic they are my favorite Modern Prog. Band (okay favorite Modern Band)
    its always fun to see Neal Morse upshow Petrucci
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2033276 said:
    its always fun to see Neal Morse upshow Petrucci
    Like I said they are my favorite Modern Band in general I love all their epics and their Beatles cover :)
    edited March 2009
    updated!

The Flock, National Health, and Brand X (def. more on the fusion side this week!)
  • KingProgdorKingProgdor Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    APHRODITE'S CHILD
    APHRODITE'S CHILD
    APHRODITE'S CHILD
    APHRODITE'S CHILD

666 is brilliance.
  • SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    So I heard a progressive rock band on the radio today. If that doesn't sound unbelievable enough, it's NOT in Schizoids top 60!

Band is called Traffic, and the name sounded very familiar, but I checked on the list and it's not there! They are very, very jazzy, which is the only thing I can really say about their sound since I had such limited time to listen to them. Anyway, here's the TWO songs I heard.

Glad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xau3ecORqxI

Freedom Rider
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFEsF6-Teqk&feature=related
    edited March 2009
    Traffic is good. One of Steve Winwood's bands. <3

I have <i>John Barleycorn Must Die on LP. =D
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2055459 said:
    APHRODITE'S CHILD
    APHRODITE'S CHILD
    APHRODITE'S CHILD
    APHRODITE'S CHILD

666 is brilliance.
    yes it is, i put a song off 666 on my RB: Prog setlist
    SputnikDX;2057352 said:
    So I heard a progressive rock band on the radio today. If that doesn't sound unbelievable enough, it's NOT in Schizoids top 60!

Band is called Traffic, and the name sounded very familiar, but I checked on the list and it's not there! They are very, very jazzy, which is the only thing I can really say about their sound since I had such limited time to listen to them. Anyway, here's the TWO songs I heard.

Glad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xau3ecORqxI

Freedom Rider
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFEsF6-Teqk&feature=related
    i love Traffic, but its too iffy for me to call them prog, more rock with some jazz thrown in (but not enough to call them jazz rock or fusion)

Jim Capaldi is amazing

and yes, I also own John Barleycorn Must Die on LP :D
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2058029 said:
    yes it is, i put a song off 666 on my RB: Prog setlist

i love Traffic, but its too iffy for me to call them prog, more rock with some jazz thrown in (but not enough to call them jazz rock or fusion)

Jim Capaldi is amazing

and yes, I also own John Barleycorn Must Die on LP :D
    Traffic is more of a Pioneer IMO than an actual Prog. group as in yes they are Prog. but not as much as some other bands were during that time also, Traffic is amazing
    edited March 2009
    What about Uriah Heep?

More of a Hard Rock band with Prog tinges or wat?
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2058242 said:
    What about Uriah Heep?

More of a Hard Rock band with Prog tinges or wat?
    i consider them the original prog metal band
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2058256 said:
    Sounded like typical psych/prog rock to me.
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2058256 said:
    You mind if I use this idea to start a Psych Rock thread? (just hope their won't be more imitators like the Community Setlists :mad:)
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2058264 said:
    You mind if I use this idea to start a Psych Rock thread? (just hope their won't be more imitators like the Community Setlists :mad:)
    The only genre list I could do like that would be like... post-hardcore or maybe power metal. I think I'm the most versed in those.
    edited March 2009
    Gowienczyk;2058270 said:
    The only genre list I could do like that would be like... post-hardcore or maybe power metal. I think I'm the most versed in those.
    Yeah I know to much about Psych Rock (other than Prog. of course :D) so it fits me the best
    edited March 2009
    I could do a Progressive Metal thread if there weren't already a general Progressive thread, since that's where I'm most versed.
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2058291 said:
    I could do a Progressive Metal thread if there weren't already a general Progressive thread, since that's where I'm most versed.
    That is the problem I don't want to see a billion knock-off threads if I make one :mad:
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2058291 said:
    you could help make a prog metal request thread in the Ultimate Setlist, im still getting into the genre myself (only a few years of diving), and know more prog rock
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2058310 said:
    you could help make a prog metal request thread in the Ultimate Setlist, im still getting into the genre myself (only a few years of diving), and know more prog rock
    Still I question should I do a Psych thread or not?

After all Psych did help pioneer Prog. ;)
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2058316 said:
    Still I question should I do a Psych thread or not?

After all Psych did help pioneer Prog. ;)
    go for it, just if you do, don't count out post 60s psychadelic rock
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2058310 said:
    I know a lot more about Progressive Metal than a lot of my peers, so this could work to my advantage. =P
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2058329 said:
    I know a lot more about Progressive Metal than a lot of my peers, so this could work to my advantage. =P
    The thing is we already have a request thread for it (JukeBoxHero made it) so if you want to request the genre please post in that thread :)

If you want to request a band make sure their is not a thread on it already and then post your thread
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2058329 said:
    lol, i could already see any prog metal thread's first 30 (stupid) posts:

"Tool!"
    "Dream Theatre!"
    "Opeth!"
    then a bunch of random:
    "slipknot"
    "korn"
    "linkin park"
    "fall of troy"
    etc.
    edited March 2009
    Fizzeler;2058353 said:
    The thing is we already have a request thread for it (JukeBoxHero made it) so if you want to request the genre please post in that thread :)

If you want to request a band make sure their is not a thread on it already and then post your thread
    ive talked to JBH about it before and we were thinking of making new threads that would be seperate between prog rock and prog metal, and to keep the confusion of the title of the old one swept under the rug
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2058361 said:
    ive talked to JBH about it before and we were thinking of making new threads that would be seperate between prog rock and prog metal, and to keep the confusion of the title of the old one swept under the rug
    I volunteer myself and Gowienczyk to help out with the Progressive Metal thread.

If he wants to help, at least.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2058370 said:
    I volunteer myself and Gowienczyk to help out with the Progressive Metal thread.

If he wants to help, at least.
    Out of all the posters here, you should definitely run it.
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2058435 said:
    I'm touched. <3

Anyways, just looking at schiz's first two posts to get a good idea of a setup, and I think I may use that.

Schiz, all you really have to do is change the thread's title and take out the Progressive Metal, then I can take it from there. XP
    edited March 2009
    JukeBoxHero;2058435 said:
    I should have made the Psych thread, but sigh I was to late someone beat me to it :D

Yeah you need to get a mod to change the title JBH :D
    edited March 2009
    KingProgdor;2058456 said:
    I'm touched. <3

Anyways, just looking at schiz's first two posts to get a good idea of a setup, and I think I may use that.

Schiz, all you really have to do is change the thread's title and take out the Progressive Metal, then I can take it from there. XP</div>
    ill PM a mod to change it and pull out all the prog metal from it