Quick question about the RB2 guitar and picks

xplosivexplosive Opening Act
edited January 2009 in Rock Band
I was thinking about upgrading from my RB1 guitar to the new RB2 guitar, but I was wondering how that guitar is working out for you guys that like to use picks to strum?

I remember reading something about how the old mushy strum bar on the RB1 guitar is actually more pick friendly than the newly redesigned RB2 guitar. Is this true or not?

Comments

• dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    xplosive;1855713 said:
    I was thinking about upgrading from my RB1 guitar to the new RB2 guitar, but I was wondering how that guitar is working out for you guys that like to use picks to strum?

I remember reading something about how the old mushy strum bar on the RB1 guitar is actually more pick friendly than the newly redesigned RB2 guitar. Is this true or not?
    I would imagine so due to the RB2 strummer being more firm and sturdy.
  • baldassbatbaldassbat Rising Star
    edited January 2009
  • trimarkk76trimarkk76 Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    baldassbat;1855756 said:
    Why a pick?
    For me, I play real Bass with a pick so playing the guitar with a pick is a lot easier to alt strum than with my fingers (IMO).

With the RB2 Strat, I had to get used to it because the strumbar is sturdier but after a while you just hear more the "CLICK" than the RB1 Strat.
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    baldassbat;1855756 said:
    Why a pick?
    My question is why not a pick? lol

Seriously, I was shocked when I first came here to learn that no one plays using a pick and that I was part of a very small minority. It might be because I started off playing a real guitar which requires a pick, but for me there is no other way to play.

Interestly enough though is that I started my rhythm game guitar career with Rockband and when ever I tried to play any of the Guitar Hero guitars playing with a pick it doesn't work nearly as well.
  • unfgvn2unfgvn2 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    what kind of pick do you use? I play real guitar and these plastic ones throw me off because im used to picking everything. My picks are too small for that big ol strumbar.
  • death_head666death_head666 Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    I just use a standard earnie ball heavy pick.
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    unfgvn2;1856482 said:
    what kind of pick do you use? I play real guitar and these plastic ones throw me off because im used to picking everything. My picks are too small for that big ol strumbar.
    I pretty much go for the biggest, thickest one possible. Otherwise it will break within one good session of work.