Listverse's Underrated Bands

LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
edited January 2009 in History of Rock
Listverse is the sort of site a neurotic like me adores, it has a list on every conceivable topic, and generally they are at least interesting, or have a few good picks, but today was posted a second list of underrated bands.

http://listverse.com/music/10-underrated-but-excellent-bands/

Tell me how half of these bands are underrated. I mean, just because they don't have mainstream success in some cases does not equal underrated, it's just not the type of music that gets radio play. Also, Interpol underrated?

Comments

• zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited January 2009
    I am sorry never heard of them so I cant rate them
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    i agree that the birthday party and current 93 could use a bit more love (though they're doing just fine with their respective audiences), but the rest were pretty chuckle-worthy.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    afterstasis;1886583 said:
    i agree that the birthday party and current 93 could use a bit more love (though they're doing just fine with their respective audiences), but the rest were pretty chuckle-worthy.
    Current 93 receive rave reviews in the UK from the likes of Terroriser, not that underrated imo. The Birthday Party get dredged up every time Cave does an interview, too, even if they're only mentioned in passing.
    edited January 2009
    Lolicat;1886594 said:
    Current 93 receive rave reviews in the UK from the likes of Terroriser, not that underrated imo. The Birthday Party get dredged up every time Cave does an interview, too, even if they're only mentioned in passing.
    it's a lot different here in america. can you send some of that love our way? we'll give you blink 182 in return.
    edited January 2009
    afterstasis;1886618 said:
    it's a lot different here in america. can you send some of that love our way? we'll give you blink 182 in return.
    Nah, too bad. I sometimes think America must be a terrible place for music.
    edited January 2009
    Lolicat;1886621 said:
    Nah, too bad. I sometimes think America must be a terrible place for music.
    definitely, in terms of our mainstream press... we make up for it by having outstanding underground scenes spread throughout the country.
    edited January 2009
    afterstasis;1886630 said:
    definitely, in terms of our mainstream press... we make up for it by having outstanding underground scenes spread throughout the country.
    Yup, American music is better.