Musicians you loathe

BubBub Generic Person
edited February 2009 in History of Rock
Name some musicians you have so much hatred for words cannot be used. Personally for me it's the lead singer of Nickelback. He's too freakin' cocky to suck that bad.

Comments

  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    Loathe is a lovely word. I will have to think who is worthy of such a strong word.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Akon. I've always disliked him, but ever since he threw that poor kid off of his stage... after helping him climb up... He is worthy of loathing, and for a more powerful yet overused word, hatred.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    I think most people will agree on this one:

    Not a musician, but a single song. Gwen Stefani I can take or leave, but she should be tried at the Haig for crimes against humanity because of The Sweet Escape, as should the guy that made that annoying noise.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited January 2009
    Lolicat;1889239 said:
    I think most people will agree on this one:

    Not a musician, but a single song. Gwen Stefani I can take or leave, but she should be tried at the Haig for crimes against humanity because of The Sweet Escape, as should the guy that made that annoying noise.
    See my post above. It was Akon.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;1889246 said:
    See my post above. It was Akon.
    That bastard!
  • FeltchFeltch Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Bands like Rise Against and Anti-Flag piss me off. Anti-Flag is the best example of why they piss me off. The guys in Anti-Flag want to be punk and rebellious, so they wear mohawks, yell about anarchy, and criticize everything Bush does to show how they're rebellious, while they fail to really mention any other political issues. It's counter conformity - they want to be punk and rebellious, so they wear mohawks and yell about anarchy and how they hate Bush to be cool rebels. The funniest part? They support PETA. Yeah man, you're such a punk, you support PETA! Look at the real punk acts, a good example is the Dead Kennedys. They didn't call themselves punk and didn't try to look punk or sound punk. They were always sure to point out bull**** in both sides of politics and had one purpose: to make some kickass music. Regardless of lyrics, I'll like a band, though - but Anti-Flag's music is absolute **** to begin with - the political bull**** just makes it more fun.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    Feltch;1889397 said:
    Bands like Rise Against and Anti-Flag piss me off. Anti-Flag is the best example of why they piss me off. The guys in Anti-Flag want to be punk and rebellious, so they wear mohawks, yell about anarchy, and criticize everything Bush does to show how they're rebellious, while they fail to really mention any other political issues. It's counter conformity - they want to be punk and rebellious, so they wear mohawks and yell about anarchy and how they hate Bush to be cool rebels. The funniest part? They support PETA. Yeah man, you're such a punk, you support PETA! Look at the real punk acts, a good example is the Dead Kennedys. They didn't call themselves punk and didn't try to look punk or sound punk. They were always sure to point out bull**** in both sides of politics and had one purpose: to make some kickass music. Regardless of lyrics, I'll like a band, though - but Anti-Flag's music is absolute **** to begin with - the political bull**** just makes it more fun.
    As much as I dislike Anti-Flag and don't support PETA myself, I fail to see how that makes them 'unpunk'.
  • TsavoTsavo Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    Whoever the lead singer of In This Moment is. I'd also like to second the sentiments expressed against "Sweet Escape".
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    Lolicat;1889416 said:
    As much as I dislike Anti-Flag and don't support PETA myself, I fail to see how that makes them 'unpunk'.
    Not to mention RATM has actively criticized both sides of the political spectrum, so lobbing them in with that "group" is silly.

    As for my musicians, I'd have to give it to Fred Durst and both members of ICP.

    Fred Durst for being the ultimate douche, and ICP for inspiring a legion of the dumbest ****ing people I have EVER seen.
  • TsavoTsavo Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    My name is Fez;1889434 said:
    ICP for inspiring a legion of the dumbest ****ing people I have EVER seen.
    They do dress up like clowns for a reason. :D
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    My name is Fez;1889434 said:
    Not to mention RATM has actively criticized both sides of the political spectrum, so lobbing them in with that "group" is silly.

    As for my musicians, I'd have to give it to Fred Durst and both members of ICP.

    Fred Durst for being the ultimate douche, and ICP for inspiring a legion of the dumbest ****ing people I have EVER seen.
    I can agree on the ICP thing. I just don't understand it, the mind boggles.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited January 2009
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    back_blows;1889463 said:
    Bono and Durst.
    O lord how did I forget Bono?!

    Also, Paul McCartney.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    ***WARNING: FOLLOWING VIDEOS ARE IMMINENTLY DANGEROUS TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING***

    For committing atrocities against humanity back in the disco era (and god knows there was plenty of Atrociousness):

    Stacey Q

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjsTtRVSitQ

    Charlene

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMDKDAfnNFs

    .....
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited January 2009
    What's so horrid about the second video (first was tolerable, but still)?
  • SpooksterSpookster Unsigned
    edited January 2009
    Justin Timberlake....ugh.
  • ClassicRockFanatic23ClassicRockFanatic23 Rising Star
    edited January 2009
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1889751 said:
    What's so horrid about the second video (first was tolerable, but still)?
    Charlene, "I've Never Been to Me"....????

    My god, man, just listen to the lyrics! This is the world's biggest anthem to ego and selfishness I've ever heard...

    Oh, I've been to Nice and the isle of Greece
    When I sipped champagne on a yacht
    I moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo
    And showed them what I've got
    I've been undressed by kings
    And I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see
    I've been to paradise but I've never been to me...


    It's like an advertisement for Oprah or the Lifetime Movie of the Week.....:rolleyes:
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited January 2009
    None. This may just be my opinion, but I think it's a waste of effort to hate on people you've never met before.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited January 2009
    This is kinda off tangent but I will never understand people who hate on Dream Theater, in particular John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy. They never go around saying they are the best or proclaiming their technical virtuosity. In fact they have assisted and contributed and given so much back to their fans, community, and learning musicians in general with over 20 instructional DVDs and countless appearances in drum/guitar mags. They are very very very kind and generous guys who will talk and sign anything you want them to and just well balanced personalities who throw a tremendously awesome concert experience.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited January 2009
    Is it just me, or do the majority of threads in the HOR have a negative vibe :confused:
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1889998 said:
    Is it just me, or do the majority of threads in the HOR have a negative vibe :confused:
    No duh. That's how music forums generally are.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    Gowienczyk;1890046 said:
    No duh. That's how music forums generally are.
    This. Plus critical threads > worship threads.
  • SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    instantdeath999;1889998 said:
    Is it just me, or do the majority of threads in the HOR have a negative vibe :confused:
    They seem to lately.
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited January 2009
    The Jonas Brothers.

    I mean, they are the ULTIMATE in how looks gain fans (though in my opinon, they look like your regular every day guy with make up). Bad singers, bad musicians, don't write own stuff.

    WHY GOD WHY!!!

    Edit: Cool, 2000 posts.
Sign In or Register to comment.