Rock Blog Tuesday 07/10/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
Right now I am listening to the brand new Patton Oswalt stand up album Werewolves and Lollipops. In a word? Sweartacular. I'm sitting here typing this out and laughing like a jackass. I am totally going to be put on a mandatory medical leave to "coalesce."

But before I go let me tell you something- on Wednesday, July 18th at 7pm EDT we have a few Harmonix folks doing a live chat on Xfire. As if that weren't fun enough you will have a chance to win 1 of 3 vouchers for a free copy of the game lovingly sent to you when it comes out (probably not day and date of release... once we get our copies we'll send them along). Sign up at the link below and get ready to chat-

http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_music_week_harmonix/

Also we just threw a new flash "teaser" up on our site when you first come in. I know most of you probably bookmark inside the site itself but if you clear cache and go to www.rockband.com you may see some new awesomosity.

On to the blogs! First we have Leo who will be giving practical advice on how to live on the cheap. Honestly, all you cats out there with pads bare of furniture (you know who you are) and a party coming up with nowhere to sit should be legally required to read his blog. Get on that. Next we have Canfield who is all out at the moment but still found time to give his impressions of one of my favorite games that I didn't really understand after playing. It involves a cockroach!

Leo is like the Bob Vila of cardboard.

Canfield reviews bad Mojo.

_

Comments

• edited July 2007

... As if that weren't fun enough you will have a chance to win 1 of 3 vouchers for a free copy of the game ...
    Not with my luck. I'd have a better chance of being hit with lightning.

Awesome flash! It was slow the first time but now that it's in cache, it's intense.
    And I think you just broke the Internet again. IT is gonna be mad.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Awesome , keep up the good work man
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Definitely diggin the video border! Very cool :cool:
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;10910 said:
    Also we just threw a new flash "teaser" up on our site when you first come in.
    "Teaser" is most definitely the word to describe it. Lookin awesome though, still really digging the lighting, both the colours of it and the intensity of it.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks everyone, I'll pass along your response to the design team!
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;10979 said:
    Thanks everyone, I'll pass along your response to the design team!
    Tell them the contrast rocks, especially with the blown out highlights. Looks awesome!

EDIT: I'm starting to think that the amount of times I say awesome is directly proportional to the amount of hours I haven't slept for.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with Xfire. Am I going to have to install a specialized chat client to join in on the Harmonix event tomorrow?

The new Flash is exciting, but I actually liked the old splash better. It was subtle, and really drew you in to the whole concept of going and recruiting bandmates to do your thing.
  • Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I'll be on the chat. But my name will be blue8888 because blue88 and blue888 were already taken.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Xfire has its own client you get off the link he provides
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    and man if i win..........i'll be some fricking pumped
  • edited July 2007
    Blue88;11048 said:
    I'll be on the chat. But my name will be blue8888 because blue88 and blue888 were already taken.
    Who would have thought Huskie was taken too? :D
    I had to register as huskiedog but at least it came with one default friend!
    *goes to chat with his default sample friend*
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I signed up for the chat, registered at Xfire, and installed the client. But I haven't received any e-mails from Xfire. What should I do now?
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited July 2007
    Electric_Zen;11640 said:
    I signed up for the chat, registered at Xfire, and installed the client. But I haven't received any e-mails from Xfire. What should I do now?
    Same here. I guess I just installed this client for nothing now. I can't figure out where to go or what to do. This site isn't organized in the least.
  • edited July 2007
    The Harmonix chat is next week.

Here is a schedule posted there: http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_music_week/

Here's a link to Harmonix page: http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_music_week_harmonix/
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited July 2007
    Huskie;11740 said:
    The Harmonix chat is next week.

Here is a schedule posted there: http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_music_week/

Here's a link to Harmonix page: http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_music_week_harmonix/
    Okay, now I feel incredibly stupid. Thought it was this Wednesday for some reason. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • edited July 2007
    Holy crap, there's a new Patton Oswalt album? THANK YOU SEAN (well not like you ghost wrote his material it or anything.. but y'know, thanks for exec producing it on this blog)

Also, I'm hoping that this Harmonix chat gets transcribed.. because I'm both lazy and forgetful.