Drink, Play, Be Merry

budweiserCLASSICbudweiserCLASSIC Unsigned
edited November 2013 in Playstation 3
This thread is created to create a group of rock band-ites that are sick of trying to play online only to get frustrated by other. some example from which I'm talking about: people leaving after one song, leaving in the middle of a song, leaving after their pick is done, being a first class jack @ss, picking the same 5 or 7 songs over and over and over and ....let me see over again...I'm talking about...(almost easy, battery, chop suey, down with the illness, the other few can be up for debate)...those are good songs, and fun to play but give them a break... Lets make a group of PSN peeps that like to play a wide verity of songs...DLC is always a good thing...RB1 as well... dont need to be an expert...just be able to play your part....people, we need to relax and have a beer or 6. Lets have a good time and rock into the night! those who are interested, post your PSN names

psn: budweiserCLASSIC

Comments

• Astraea21Astraea21 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    I'm no expert. I play mostly Hard drums, mostly Hard guitar/bass and Medium vocals. I do have quite a bit of DLC.

PSN: Astraea21
  • Criminal187Criminal187 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Im in..
    Expert bass, have about 100 dlc.

PSN: criminai187
  • markymarksmarkymarks Unsigned
    edited February 2009
  • mike_jones8mike_jones8 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Count me in, I play hard/expert guitar and don't mind alternating bass/guitar for all you guitar players out there. I have RB1 upload, ACDC track pack and about 60-70 percent DLC. I had the platinum icon in RB1, but have not done the ESL2 yet (courtesy of "Visions"). I am pretty much looking for people that overall just like to play for fun and not go straight to the "impossible" category so they can show you how "awesome" they are. Oh and I do have a bluetooth for voice chat. Happy rocking.
    budweiserCLASSIC;1905576 said:
    ....people, we need to relax and have a beer or 6. Lets have a good time and rock into the night!
    Couldn't have said that better.
  • acondon747acondon747 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Overplayed songs ftl, all my info is in my siggy
  • rainmakerrcrainmakerrc Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Also looking for casual players. I typically play Hard drums, guitar, and bass, and can sing on Hard as well (assuming I know the song). I can handle some of the lower tiers on Expert but have not made the full jump yet. Working on building up my DLC collection (only RB2, 20 free DLC, RB1 export, and about 15 additional DLC at the moment).

PSN: rainmakerrc
  • in2batorin2bator Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    I'm in as well. Not much DLC, but RB1 and 2. I love playing just about all songs.

PSN ID: in2bator
  • budweiserCLASSICbudweiserCLASSIC Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    thanks for the post....sign in... add me and or each other....time to crack open a cold one and have a good time:cool:...plug in your mic so you can talk to each other and compromise on song choices...(go to the Xmb/ settings/ accesorySettings/ audio device settings/ input device) i didn't know about it for a while so maybe some of you might not either...:p....
  • Astraea21Astraea21 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Will me being in Australia be a problem?
  • DJFire_CFRDJFire_CFR Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Medium player here... All about the fun and playing with other fun people.... Only thing I can say I get bored with is when people "ONLY" choose 2-4 setlists thats not random.... Its fun to pick n choose your own now n again.... but if your playing Tour mode... isnt the whole objective to get through the tour, instead of just picking the choose your own setlist? :D (That "opinion" is only towards people doing "TOURS" not for those just making a regular setlist outside of tours) So don't get it confuzed lol

random setlists are just as fun - as their "random" which makes it more interesting and fun... specially after having a few shots of tequila, several beers, and playing on BNS lol

Im "usually" on Saturday nights after 10pm(est) - depending on my mood, sometimes before 10pm, and I usually play till about 4-6am(est).

So if your up and around on saturday nights - give me a shout and lets play some

I also don't mind switching back n forth between guitar and bass
    edited February 2009
    Astraea21;1915656 said:
    Being in another country(Australia) isnt the problem, its the "time" thats the problem lol

(12:35am(est) here - in Australia its like 4:05pm) =\ slight time difference there no? lol

Btw.. heres all the current PSN's in this thread:

budweiserCLASSIC

Astraea21

criminai187

Iceman1991

Rock918

acondon747

rainmakerrc

in2bator

DJFire_CFR

(I'll try to keep the names updated as their added) :D
  • PalastielPalastiel Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    PSN name: Palastiel. Feel free to add me guys. Can play most anything on guitar/bass/drums on hard, expert vocals. about 100 dlc.
  • milhousemilhouse Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like my kind of group. I drum on hard. Bass on expert/hard. Guitar on hard/expert. Vocals medium/hard. milrog88
    edited February 2009
    budweiserCLASSIC

Astraea21

criminai187

Iceman1991

Rock918

acondon747

rainmakerrc

in2bator

DJFire_CFR

Palastiel

milrog88

Jem-Hadar

skyttskytt

(in case your wondering, why Im doing it this way, is so you don't have to go through each n every post to see the PNS names... This way its all together and easier to add every name( if you do)... :D
  • Jem-HadarJem-Hadar Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    You forgot to add me here Fire. You shoulda already know that you coulda added my name to this list without even asking.

For me, I like to play Bass, Solid medium player, pretty good hard player, and not too bad expert player. I play for fun, YEAH I like to FC or GS songs as well, but for me it is not about the points, it is about having a good time with whom your playing.

Some of the more tolerant and good players I usually play with are Wizard_Wendelle, and skyttskytt. These guys hung with me while I was learning on easy, and we still play often with me having moved up to expert. (not all songs on expert). Wizard and I both use the Official BT Headset to talk to each other during the game and such, which really helps to either save each other (me most of the time), or coordinate OD Firing.

Using the headsets we can talk both in between songs, and during the songs. Only the vocalists mic is muted for "chat" during play. I would say to Fire to go ahead and put their names on this list too, as I am sure that eventually they will find the thread. Both are great players, not just their ability to play, but their attitudes towards other players.

Not that there is much of a chance, but for those of you in the greater Anchorage Alaska area, hit me up, I would love to get together and play, not just online.

While I do not have "a ton," "LOTS," or ALL the DLC for the game, I do have quite a bit. I only buy the songs that hold interest for me, especially the GOOD 80's music and hair bands.

On a side note, Fire, I started a new batch of home brew beer, Fire weed honey, Chinook Hops, and a lite spice base. So far it smells good, and is fermenting nicely. I think I am gunna call it Cross Fire. It should be a mild / medium dark beer, If it turns out well, I'll send you a couple pints, but you gotta make the label.

For you other home brewers out there I would be happy to trade recipes.
    Astraea21;1915656 said:
    Na, I welcome anyone from most anywhere, as long as you have a good attitude on playing, I don't care if you have ALL the DLC, or not a single bit of it.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Ah, here's the post. :) I went searching for it after Fire messaged me, had to do a forum search for my name because I kept overlooking it.

I'm up for whatever though if anyone wants to hit me up ever. I have all the DLC, so you'll be able to play anything you want that you have.

As far as what I play, my main is expert guitar. I've solo'd every song available, with about 5-10 being iffy reproduce-ability, but as long as I'm not, say trying to keep someone else alive during Constant Motion's solo, I'll be fine in any song with a band. Gold starred Green Grass and High Tides a couple days ago, that was nifty. :D I don't mind swapping to bass either, or playing it exclusively for those that want to practice on guitar to be able to jump up difficulties. I also play drums on expert, with much fewer songs that I've been able to pass solo. I'm comfortable up to the tier 4 range or so, but have some tier 3's I can't beat, and a number of tier 4's I can't also. I can beat some of the tier 6's though.

I do a lot of "competitive" playing when I'm solo, but I like the casual atmosphere more when with a band. If people fail or play on lower difficulties, I don't mind at all. As a band, this game's all about having fun. I'll push you to get better though. :) Not in a forceful way to make you feel like you have to jump to a higher difficulty, but I'll throw in harder songs from time to time just so you can show yourself that you're capable of making it through. I made one of my drummer buddies play Good Mourning/Black Friday earlier.
  • merlin-harpomerlin-harpo Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    older newbie here play drums med in the high 90's recently have been attempting hard, play bass hard, and vocals hard. have 99 dlc rb1 & 2 and the free ones. have made some friends but seem to have hard catching them in my time zone, central us. psn is aleah2002
  • ADBjesterADBjester Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    New to online band sessions. How can you limit who sits in, or with whom you can sit in? Near as I can tell, its random who you get, so why the threads like this one? How can I make use of your screen names (or you mine) to hook up to play? Obv. its possible or you wouldn't be talking about it.

I'd be in, if I knew how to limit myself to like-minded individuals willing to play what they know, at their level.

PS3 ID: ADBjester

I play: Medium Guitar / Bass @ 98%
    Hard Guitar fair (still struggling with HOPO runs)
    Drums Medium @ 90%

I am 43 years old (should form a band "the old farts"), and have:

AC/DC Track Pack
    RB1
    RB2
    40-ish DLC, mostly 80's/classic rock (Boston, Cars, etc)

Would love to jam with people who aren't "show offs" and who want to play for the sake of playing, at a level they know they are if not comfortable with, at least *CLOSE* to beating. (I don't mind bringing someone back with Overdrive.... but to fail out after 5%... WTF?!)

Jester
  • PenguinTipperPenguinTipper Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    I've learned to only play vocals online if i don't want to hear drunken slurs of people singing "Carry On Wayward Son" but replacing every word with sh*t or f*ck
    edited February 2009
    ADBjester;1944644 said:
    New to online band sessions. How can you limit who sits in, or with whom you can sit in? Near as I can tell, its random who you get, so why the threads like this one? How can I make use of your screen names (or you mine) to hook up to play? Obv. its possible or you wouldn't be talking about it.

I'd be in, if I knew how to limit myself to like-minded individuals willing to play what they know, at their level.

PS3 ID: ADBjester

I play: Medium Guitar / Bass @ 98%
    Hard Guitar fair (still struggling with HOPO runs)
    Drums Medium @ 90%

I am 43 years old (should form a band "the old farts"), and have:

AC/DC Track Pack
    RB1
    RB2
    40-ish DLC, mostly 80's/classic rock (Boston, Cars, etc)

Would love to jam with people who aren't "show offs" and who want to play for the sake of playing, at a level they know they are if not comfortable with, at least *CLOSE* to beating. (I don't mind bringing someone back with Overdrive.... but to fail out after 5%... WTF?!)

Jester
    You add people to your friends list on PS3..... You go in game... You set up a "band play" > Online > Then you press (I think) Blue Key, Select "Invite" > scroll through your list of friends - and send invites to those you have messaged, or talked to.... and thats how you get "non-random" people :D
    edited February 2009
    budweiserCLASSIC

Astraea21

criminai187

Iceman1991

Rock918

acondon747

rainmakerrc

in2bator

DJFire_CFR

Palastiel

milrog88

Jem-Hadar

skyttskytt

aleah2002

ADBjester

(List updated)

I was thinking about creating a web page with the list of names, and a small form people can add their PSN to.... You would also be able to view this page on your PS3... anyone like that idea? or who cares? lol
    edited February 2009
    Wondering if a few of you that had posted here could fill in a few things...

Songs available: (DLC(few, some, alot, all), ac/dc, rb1, 20 free, or "Complete")
    Playability: (easy, med, hard, exp, med/hard, hard/exp)
    BNS: <-- simple yes or no will work..(Breakneck Speed)
    Position: (singer, bass, guitar, drums or any combination, or All)
    a few of you have already answered some of those.. but wanted to get the others..The webpage im working on is almost done, just a few lil gaps in it left to fill in... (I hope some of you guys, still read this thread lol)

Okay heres a link to a "test" page of what I got --> http://crossfire-radio.com/test/rb/ps3.html Lemme know what you think. Couple things... The link to "add your name" doesnt work yet, so if you click it, all you'll get is a 404 page not found error lol.... If you hover over the instrument icons, it will tell you what each one is.. also the "last" box that has BNS, if you hover over the text, it will tell you what BNS is... What I plan on doing is setting up a form connected to a database, that when someone fills it out, it will automatically add their info to the bottom of the list.. otherwise, if alot of people fill it out, i'll be updating forever lol..:D
    edited February 2009
    DJFire_CFR;1945292 said:
    Wondering if a few of you that had posted here could fill in a few things...
    How about also adding "usual playing time"?

ADBjester

Content: RB1, RB2, ACDC, 20 free and about 40 others

Playability: med drums, hard guitar up to difficulty 3-4

BNS: NO

Position: Anything but vocals (but I am mic'd so we can chat)

Microphone connected: Yes

Usual Hours: 10 pm - 1 am Eastern, plus other odd hours
    What I plan on doing is setting up a form connected to a database, that when someone fills it out, it will automatically add their info to the bottom of the list.. otherwise, if alot of people fill it out, i'll be updating forever lol..:D
    I was thinking about making a run at this sort of thing -- a sort of "eHarmony" matchmaker service for bands. I was going to take it even further, and have every DLC track available in a list with checkboxes for owning it, and scores/stars for each instrument on each level of difficulty, and/or a "favorite tracks" list that would match up potential band mates.

It's a much bigger project than you think. Good luck!

Jester
    edited February 2009
    yeah that would pretty much be like a "Community" website... theres several free ones out there that you can build from.. even using something like "e107" to build it would also be pretty good.. its what I use for my station's website its not like eHarmony kind of site.. but I know of a few out there that are like eHarmony..

I was merely making this page just as a "find some people to play with" kinda page, which is also viewable on the PS3 Browser.. Where as a whole community website.. might have problems with PS3 browser, cause sony's to lazy to update it lol
  • budweiserCLASSICbudweiserCLASSIC Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for all the post....I knew i wasn't the only person that was fed up with geeks online... remember it is just a game....have fun and don't be a douche bag fairly simple really...

Content: RB1, RB2, ACDC, 100+ dlc

Playability: guitar/bass (expert both) drums (hard both), vocals (med)

BNS: never tryed

Position: guitar(s), i rock my gh2 guitar from the ps2

Microphone connected: Yes

Usual Hours: 7 pm - 1 am Eastern, plus other odd hours
  • RuDeMeNTRuDeMeNT Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    RuDeMeNT
    DLC- have around 100 i assume (counting the free 20 or w/e)
    have RB1 songs as well
    age - 27
    drums expert/hard i can beat all on hard and most on expert just is a few taht i cant
    can play guitar on hard/expert and vocals on med/hard

and yeah i started i think it was a 7 set song on WT with some dude, he plays like 2 songs then bails was pretty crappy

also yeah people that join a game and pick like hard or expert and clearly cant play it drive me insane also, when i play i want to get 5stars or gold not have to keep saving someone lol
  • rainmakerrcrainmakerrc Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Here's my info:

Content: RB1, RB2, 20 free, No Doubt album, another 20 or so odd DLC

Playability: drums (hard - all tiers; expert - low-tiers); guitar/bass (hard - all tiers; expert - low and middle-tiers); vocals (hard, assuming I know the song)

BNS: never tried

Position: All, but in order of preference - drums, guitar, bass, vocals (but if I know the song, then vocals jumps to the #2 spot)

Microphone connected: Only if playing during the daytime (gotta keep the noise down for the family at night)

Usual Hours: Eastern Time; sporadic depending on schedule; weekends - in the afternoon or evening; during the week - after 10pm Eastern, if I do play
  • Jem-HadarJem-Hadar Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    DJFire_CFR;1945160 said:
    budweiserCLASSIC

Astraea21

criminai187

Iceman1991

Rock918

acondon747

rainmakerrc

in2bator

DJFire_CFR

Palastiel

milrog88

Jem-Hadar

skyttskytt

aleah2002

ADBjester

(List updated)

I was thinking about creating a web page with the list of names, and a small form people can add their PSN to.... You would also be able to view this page on your PS3... anyone like that idea? or who cares? lol
    Age = 37
    Content = RB1 Import, RB2, about 100 DLC
    Instrument = Bass, and some times Vox-Bass
    Skill Level = Solid Medium player, Good Hard player, Good Expert Player except for HoPo strings.
    BNS = Yes AND No, I do some times but not all the time.
    Mic Connected = Yes through Headset most of the time OR Mic when playing Vox.
    Usual Playing time is Early Morning to Afternoon ALASKA TIME.
    Playing Type = Casual / Fun, While I like to get GS or FC on songs, It is NOT all that important to me, as it is more important to me to enjoy the game, and the ones I play online with.

I do however request that those of you whom use the headsets either BT or other, that you go to your system settings and put your mic sensitivity up to at least 3 or 4, that way you could be heard over the background noises such as the waiting screens to join up and all.

Other then that, those of you whom I have played with and those whom I will be adding soon, Lets just enjoy the game.

DJ_Fire. As for the site, it's nice, of course I can already see the "extra" work that needs to go into it, as far as creating a DB for the RB1, RB2, DLC song list, that would get to be a bit much, a LOT of people wouldn't bother to fill out that much of a form just so that they could be looked up.

Here's MY take on how much each "level" of DLC means.

NONE = NONE
    Some = 20 free DLC
    A BIT = 20 free + 25-50 others
    A LOT = 20 free + 100-150 others
    ALL = Of course ALL

So I figure I have A LOT of DLC
    edited February 2009
    thanx for the update guys.. I'll have the page and other info fully up in a few days.. If anyone else wants their info up... Just post here as the others did.. :D

Who knows, maybe with all of us, we can get a few different bands going, and have some good ole fun :D

and as for the form - I just meant them filling out thier info... not listing all the DLC or complete list of their songs they have... Just basically what I have on the page now..
    edited February 2009
    I just sent out 15 invites from 'ADBjester' to the current list.

I downloaded a few more songs so that I'm not holding back any group through lack of variety -- I prefer playing "random" sets, as opposed to hand-picking my favorites. It's more fun that way, and it makes the game more challenging to have to learn or pass a new song you've NEVER heard before. (I promise, I'll stick to Medium for a while until I'm more comfy with the new catalog!)

I'm now up to RB1+RB2+189 DLC (which includes the 20 free and the AC/DC pack).

For the new downloads, I stayed in my comfort zone (i.e. I didn't get the Disturbed pack, or the Thrash pack, or even all of Priest's "Screaming for Vengeance" (I did already have "Another Thing Coming" -- gotta have that).

Pretty much the "Nu-Metal" is out, but I'm willing to experiment in some alternative... so I picked up Nine Inch Nails, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Oasis, Queens of the Stone Age, and more. I *will* do metal, but want my metal to have a bit more melody (and at least a real rhythm line) and a bit less thrash. (Give me "The Black Album" over "RIde The Lightning" any day, and yes, I admit I liked Van Halen more after they added keyboards on 1984).

Even so, I'm up for some "non-thrash" metal as well, including Sabbath, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Motley Crue, and even a couple punk songs from the Dead Kennedys (from my high school years).

Add to that 40 "singles" downloads from System of a Down and Iron Maiden, down through the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead (more, please! OK Computer!), down through some more poppy fluff like Paramore, No Doubt, T-Rex and the Monkees.

No country. No thrash. Other than that, I'm ready to ROCK.

Jester