Drink, Play, Be Merry

Comments

• DJFire_CFRDJFire_CFR Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    okay everyone here we go... This is what I got: http://crossfire-radio.com/rockband/

I tried what I could to add in everyones info that was put in this thread as much as I could... If you see your name "NOT" listed on there, it just means, I really didnt have much info from you. So if you want listed, Just send me the info thats listed on the page. You can send a PM or just Post it here in this thread.

All new people are welcome to join the list if you wish.. :D

If you "DO NOT" want your name listed, and it is already, just let me know and I'll remove it.. For the others listed on there that I have ?? in areas, if you want to send me that info to fill it in, just post or PM me and i'll update it.

I also linked each name to their RB Profile... and also if you have a dlcquickplay.com account set up, let me know the URL for it, and I'll set it up, like I did with acondon747's DLC Type... pretty much all the info about the page, and other stuff is on that page... any questions/comments/suggestions just hollar away (but not to loud, people are sleeping) :D lol
  • mike_jones8mike_jones8 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Hey DJFire_CFR, that is an awesome spreadsheet. Here is the rest of my info. I am 29 and live on the east coast. I usually play somewhere between 6-9 pm and I don't play online with BNS. Also, could you give me some more info. about the dlcquickplay.com. Thanks.

Nevermind about the info. I just signed up. What do you need from me so you can link it up? Thanks.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited February 2009
    ADBjester;1948339 said:
    Disturbed pack, the Thrash pack, Priest's "Screaming for Vengeance"

Pretty much the "Nu-Metal" is out, but I'm willing to experiment in some alternative...

Avenged Sevenfold, No country.
    I picked out some you said you don't have that I personally like. :) Disturbed is good for some harder songs, not the hardest, but pretty decent tier 4s and 5s. The Thrash pack is one of my favorites right now, with "Thrasher" being my most favorite song in the whole of the game. It's a beast on any instrument, but it's definitely fun. It'll be worth looking into when you're more comfortable with upper tier 5s and 6s, they'll grow on you. To give you an idea, I was never into Thrash metal, my main genres are Punk and Alternative that I listen to in my free time.

Avenged Sevenfold is another really good one to get. Everyone I know loves those songs.

Also, don't push the country songs aside too quick. A lot of people did when they first came out, and they're without a doubt some of the BEST songs in the game. Especially "Sin Wagon" and "Gunpowder and Lead". They all play really well on guitar and drums.

If anyone has any questions about DLC, feel free to send me a message and I'll let you know how it is. :) Other good singles to check out are "Moving to Seattle" and "Perfekte Welle." Pop-y female singers, easy songs, but good songs. I think a lot of people overlook them.

As for information that didn't get put into the site:

Age - 23, 24 next month
    DLC type - put me as 11, I have it all and will continue to keep up-to-date :)
    Time on - usually 5+ pm PST (8 pm EST), any time on the weekends. I have my status set as it, but if I happen to not respond in a couple minutes, it's probably a roommate playing. I'll check messages and respond between songs if I'm in a set, or immediately coming back from leaving the room.
    BNS - Guitar yes, drums no. They don't influence other people online for those that don't know, it only adds to local players.
    edited February 2009
    mike_jones8;1949917 said:
    Hey DJFire_CFR, that is an awesome spreadsheet. Here is the rest of my info. I am 29 and live on the east coast. I usually play somewhere between 6-9 pm and I don't play online with BNS. Also, could you give me some more info. about the dlcquickplay.com. Thanks.

Nevermind about the info. I just signed up. What do you need from me so you can link it up? Thanks.
    All I need is your URL for dlcquickplay.com... its something like www.dlcquickplay.com/yourusername, other people can just click the link and it will take them directly to your dlcquickplay page where they can view all your songs there :D

Also thanx for the update skytt, your info has been updated on the page... and I just marked you down for "various" on the BNS :D
  • mike_jones8mike_jones8 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    DJFire_CFR;1951402 said:
    All I need is your URL for dlcquickplay.com... its something like www.dlcquickplay.com/yourusername, other people can just click the link and it will take them directly to your dlcquickplay page where they can view all your songs there :D
    Here is the URL

http://dlcquickplay.com/ps3/rock918

Also, go ahead and mark me down for various on BNS as well. Thanks again.
    edited February 2009
    mike_jones8;1952274 said:
    Here is the URL

http://dlcquickplay.com/ps3/rock918

Also, go ahead and mark me down for various on BNS as well. Thanks again.
    Thanx - Updated :D
  • ADBjesterADBjester Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    My wife went with her mother to see Barry ****king Manilow tonight.

The kids are in bed, and I'm ready to rock. Hopefully some of you are online.

Jester

P.S. Barry F***KING MANILOW?!
  • Jem-HadarJem-Hadar Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Hey Fire,

I got to thinking (Yeah I know you said I wasn't allowed to anymore, but I did anyways).

On your page that you created, how about another section that shows which messenger we use (if it applies), such as you and I use Yahoo Messenger.
    edited February 2009
    Jem-Hadar;1953201 said:
    Hey Fire,

I got to thinking (Yeah I know you said I wasn't allowed to anymore, but I did anyways).

On your page that you created, how about another section that shows which messenger we use (if it applies), such as you and I use Yahoo Messenger.
    yeah I could set up something like if others want to give their messenger name.. I'll mess around with the page, and see how I can set that up... What I might do is put what lvl of difficulty they play on the instruments they play, then you can just hover over the instrument to see their difficulty..

That or, I might just make a program for all of this lol It would make things so much easier for me... But yeah, I can do that..

There hows this: http://crossfire-radio.com/rockband/
  • BankaiBankai Banned
    edited February 2009
    my psn is bankaininja and i have a chat made JUST for this purpose.
    http://www.xat.com/rockbandps3
    i hope to see you there ^_^
    edited February 2009
    Bankai;1954736 said:
    I've seen that chat posted a number of times, and my main thing is that my computer is on the complete other end of the house relative to the PS3, so if I'm going to be talking to people who are likely to be on my friends list (since I'll be sending invites in game), then I might as well save myself the walking back and forth and just send a message through the PSN. If it works for others, I say go for it, but getting to my computer is annoying (we have a converted basement as a bedroom, with a door in the floor, which is usually open and my room is past that one, so I have to pass that to get to mine). That's one reason I have printed out spreadsheets of scores all over the couch instead of keeping track in a laptop.
  • merlin-harpomerlin-harpo Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    two players, both age 46, also add guitar on hard play nights cst 6 - 11:00 pm have not tried bns yet. also on dlcquickplay aleah2002
    edited February 2009
    Bankai;1954736 said:
    If you want Bank, I can add that chat link to the page?
    merlin-harpo;1955423 said:
    two players, both age 46, also add guitar on hard play nights cst 6 - 11:00 pm have not tried bns yet. also on dlcquickplay aleah2002
    you dlcquickplay comes up 404 not found :(
    edited February 2009
    Thanx :D - I updated your info
  • Hellfire-25Hellfire-25 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    PSN:Hellfire-25 i'm a hard drummer and can do some on expert if you REALLY want people to play on expert XD i'm online a lot and I'm looking for fun so feel free to add me =D
    edited February 2009
    Hellfire-25;1958857 said:
    PSN:Hellfire-25 i'm a hard drummer and can do some on expert if you REALLY want people to play on expert XD i'm online a lot and I'm looking for fun so feel free to add me =D
    Can you add a bit more info hellfire? :D

please refer to "www.crossfire-radio.com/rockband" to fill in the rest of your info... Thanx
  • Hellfire-25Hellfire-25 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    DJFire_CFR;1958869 said:
    Can you add a bit more info hellfire? :D

please refer to "www.crossfire-radio.com/rockband to fill in the rest of your info... Thanx
    yeah sure, I have the 20 free dlc plus the other 4 free dlc since I'm waiting for my mom's credit card XD also looking for rb1, but i dont have it yet... Yes for BNS, mic? i read you can use the normal mic to talk while selecting songs and such so... i dont know XD and age 17 i dont think that's a problem... or it is? XD also i can play hard guitar/bass if you want.. i think that covers it? also time from like 4pm to 1-2 am EST
    edited February 2009
    Hellfire-25;1958896 said:
    yeah sure, I have the 20 free dlc plus the other 4 free dlc since I'm waiting for my mom's credit card XD also looking for rb1, but i dont have it yet... Yes for BNS, mic? i read you can use the normal mic to talk while selecting songs and such so... i dont know XD and age 17 i dont think that's a problem... or it is? XD also i can play hard guitar/bass if you want.. i think that covers it? also time from like 4pm to 1-2 am EST
    Thanx for the info, I added your name to the list... As for the mic - Yes you can use the RB Mic to talk to others during song picks... You just have to set that up in the settings... Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings and choose your Mic...

As for this comment:
    Hellfire-25 said:

and can do some on expert if you REALLY want people to play on expert
    This group is a "fun-filled" group of people posting here... You play what you think you can handle as were not going to bite your head off if you don't play expert lol... If you set up on expert and find yourself failing out a few times in a row - Just bump down one - were not going to kick you because you failed =\

So just play what you have fun the most with ;)

As for your age - we welcome all, its just good to know ages "in case" someone "accidentally" swears :D lol (and well for a few other reasons)

(On another note - just want to thank Budweiser for making this thread - and also to all the others that have joined in on this thread - It makes finding "friendly" people alot easier and brings in more fun to the already fun Rock Band game(s)) :D
  • AsmoorAsmoor Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    psn Asmoor, Drums hard-expert, vocals hard mostly guitar/bass medium. 120 download songs and rockband 1 songs, age 38
    edited February 2009
    Do you use BNS at all Asmoor?

And whats your usual play times?
  • AsmoorAsmoor Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    I have not tried BSN at all, willing to give it a shot on drums. My play times are mostly evenings, whenever on weekends. I do not have the 20 free songs can you even still get them?
    edited February 2009
    Asmoor;1963998 said:
    I have not tried BSN at all, willing to give it a shot on drums. My play times are mostly evenings, whenever on weekends. I do not have the 20 free songs can you even still get them?
    as long as your code is still good, yes you can still get the 20 free songs... The info should be on the back of your RB2 instruction manual.. and whats your time zone?
  • RunchRunch Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    ID: Runch_Maximus

Age = 25
    Content = RB1 Import, RB2, about 75 DLC
    Instrument = Drums, occasionally Bass or Vocals
    Skill Level = Hard-Expert Drums, Hard Bass, Medium-Hard Vocals
    BNS = No
    Mic Connected = Yes, RB Mic only (no headset).
    Usual Playing Time = Very sporadic, but usually ~8-12 EST
    Playing Type = Casual / Fun

My full info is on DLC Quickplay: http://dlcquickplay.com/ps3/runch_maximus

Sometimes my fiance plays with me online, she plays medium guitar. I don't play online that often, but when I do, it would be nice to have some friends with DLC.

Also, I never downloaded the 20 Free DLC, but I can do so it people would rather I had it.
    edited February 2009
    Thanx Runch, Ive added you to the list.. You can find here - www.crossfire-radio.com/rockband as for the 20 Free... Were not picky and don't force people to get what they don't want.. So thats totally up to you :D See you online soon ;)
  • merlin-harpomerlin-harpo Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    need a hard guitar icon added to the web page. thx
    psn aleah2002
  • AsmoorAsmoor Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    time zone is central
    edited February 2009
    Runch;1969211 said:
    Also, I never downloaded the 20 Free DLC, but I can do so it people would rather I had it.
    The 20 free has a lot of good tracks in my opinion. I pasted a list of them and was going to highlight the ones I liked as reference, and realized I was going to end up highlighting all of them, so I got rid of it. :) Some people don't like some here and there, but if you like a majority of the tracks in the game already, and are open to different genres, it's definitely worth the download.
  • RunchRunch Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    I went ahead and downloaded the 20 free songs last night. I'll be testing them out over the next few days. Hopefully I will enjoy them. :)
    edited February 2009
    Runch;1973360 said:
    I went ahead and downloaded the 20 free songs last night. I'll be testing them out over the next few days. Hopefully I will enjoy them. :)
    Hope you enjoy em too, they're definitely worth it if you like the music, some of them will grow on you if they don't appeal at first.

Figured I'd throw out the list anyway. I'll mark the ones I particularly like in red with yellow being some of my favorites in the game, though they're all really good, these ones I'll just pick regularly:
    • "Sons and Daughters" by The 88
    • "No Regrets" by Authority Zero
    • "Prequel To The Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
    • "Bounce" by The Cab
    • "Get It On" by The Chevelles
    • "Give It To Me" by The Cocktail Slippers
    • "Database Corrupted" by Dealership
    • "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
    • "Ashes To Fire" by The Ghost Hounds
    • "Young" by Hollywood Undead
    • "The Feeling" by Kutless
    • "If I Ain't Got You" by The Len Price 3