Albums You've Been Playing Relentlessly Lately

HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
edited February 2009 in History of Rock
Well, we all binge albums occasionally, so what's your current fix? Which albums can you simply not get enough of? Lately, some combination of these have remained on my playlist:

Melvins - Stag
Kyuss - Welcome To Sky Valley
Yes - The Yes Album
Agent Orange - Living In Darkness
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables

I've been trying to avoid listening to them repeatedly, so they stay fresh for me, but I can't stop. It's a vicious addiction to awesome music.

Comments

• WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited February 2009
    I can't stop listening to Traced in Air by Cynic. It's just so ****ing awesome. Definitely album the best album of last year for me.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies : Because I'm working on learning Generation Landslide on Bass

Faith No More - Angel Dust : Because I haven't listened to it in years and now I can't stop.

Jackie Brown and Death Proof Soundtracks : Due to a thread on here and a discussion with Lollicat.

Ice - T - Original Gangster: Because I stumpled across him on YouTube bitch slapping Soulja Boy and was instantly reminded why I liked him so much.

Aerosmith - Get Your Wings: Just been an Aerosmith kick lately.

Prince - Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic, Parade, and Around The World In A Day : See Aerosmith

Those are the albums that have been in heavy rotation for me the last week. I think the people that work with me are about ready to snap. :D
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    I'm just now coming off of a trifecta:

Shepherd's Dog by Iron & Wine
    Figure 8 by Elliott Smith
    Michigan by Sufjan Stevens

Those were in pretty steady rotation for about 2 weeks, but it's cooling down now.
  • StevedelahebStevedelaheb Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    It's not an album per-se, but I've been listening to The Definitive Collection. I was learning how to play Reelin in the Years and decided to check the rest of them out. I can't believe I've waited this long to experience the jazzy magic that is Steely Dan.
    (too bad that GH:WT gets Do It Again, I have to go to Best Buy just to be able to play it)

Other than that, Radiohead "In Rainbows". I can't get enough of that Radiohead
  • willdabeast21willdabeast21 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    ive been listening to these 2 a lot
    Vitalogy - Pearl Jam (yes, its my favorite Pearl Jam album)
    Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz (so pissed i have a wii!)
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited February 2009
    WhiffleBallTony;1930718 said:
    I can't stop listening to Traced in Air by Cynic. It's just so ****ing awesome. Definitely album the best album of last year for me.
    I got addicted to that for a short time, too, back when I first heard it, haha. It is a beautiful album and can get quite catchy. Still not as good as Focus, but I didn't expect that.
    AxlVanHagar;1930768 said:
    Those are the albums that have been in heavy rotation for me the last week. I think the people that work with me are about ready to snap. :D
    Hey, with the small amount of people my school has that know who Alice Cooper is, I would be relieved to work wherever you do, haha.
    willdabeast21;1930852 said:
    Vitalogy - Pearl Jam (yes, its my favorite Pearl Jam album)
    My mom owned this album, loved it and lost it somehow. Fortunately, I, just the other day, found it while searching for a few of my classical albums that I hadn't placed in my collection. Definitely great album.
    edited February 2009
    Hungryfreak;1930896 said:
    I got addicted to that for a short time, too, back when I first heard it, haha. It is a beautiful album and can get quite catchy. Still not as good as Focus, but I didn't expect that.
    I like it better than Focus, to be honest. I like the more melodic, prog rock sound they went for on the album over the harsher tech death sound that they had previously.
    edited February 2009
    It's definitely produced much better, but I don't like the new vocoder sound and I just like the general sound better on Focus. I listen to the two for different things, though. Traced In Air when in the mood for something more melodic and beautiful, Focus when in the mood for something more energetic, dark and technical.
    edited February 2009
    Hungryfreak;1930911 said:
    It's definitely produced much better, but I don't like the new vocoder sound and I just like the general sound better on Focus. I listen to the two for different things, though. Traced In Air when in the mood for something more melodic and beautiful, Focus when in the mood for something more energetic, dark and technical.
    Yeah, they're definitely good for different moods. It's amazing how they can sound so similar, but also be so completely different at the same time.
    edited February 2009
    Oh, I love when bands do that. They have the same general core sound, but go in many different directions. That's one of the things I love about Zappa, haha.
    edited February 2009
    Hungryfreak;1930896 said:
    My mom owned this album, loved it and lost it somehow. Fortunately, I, just the other day, found it while searching for a few of my classical albums that I hadn't placed in my collection. Definitely great album.
    see, most of my Pearl Jam liking friends hate Vitalogy
    its their best album, really different from their earlier stuff (not that the earlier stuff wasnt good...)
    edited February 2009
    It's kind of a different sound of theirs. Ten is a much more accessible album and I can see why your friends would like it, while disliking Vitalogy. They're both great albums, though.
    edited February 2009
    Hungryfreak;1930927 said:
    Oh, I love when bands do that. They have the same general core sound, but go in many different directions. That's one of the things I love about Zappa, haha.
    Yeah, Zappa's another example of that. I feel like Iron Maiden also does that. They sound so incredibly different from album to album, but they still have similarities that you can hear throughout their entire career.
    edited February 2009
    Hungryfreak;1930941 said:
    It's kind of a different sound of theirs. Ten is a much more accessible album and I can see why your friends would like it, while disliking Vitalogy. They're both great albums, though.
    yeah, they are both great (really excited to play all of Ten in march
    but Vitalogy really shows their depth
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Blonde Redhead's Misery is a Butterfly and Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons have been getting a lot of play from me, not to mention Kimya Dawson's Remember That I Love You.
  • kwami42kwami42 Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
    The Sound of Animals FIghting - Tiger & The Duke
    mewithoutYou - Brother, Sister
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    wolves in the throne room - malevolent grain
    moss icon - lyburnum wits end liberation fly
    sunny day real estate - diary
    wavves - wavves
    mountain goats - nothing for juice
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Ozark Mountain Daredevils' self titled and It'll shine When It Shines.

Becuase I'm reading Supe Grandas book too. :D
  • CommonCriminalCommonCriminal The Stork Whisperer
    edited February 2009
    Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion
  • DalamariDalamari Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Been playing the soundtrack to Hedwig and The Angry Inch a lot recently, also been running through some live SRV stuff.
    edited February 2009
    CommonCriminal;1931665 said:
    Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion
    I love this album.

I think Scout Niblett's Kidnapped by Neptune is going to see a lot of play from me.
  • Stones_ClashStones_Clash Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    motorhead-inferno, kiss of death, and motorizer

ive recently become a huge fan of this band, and theyre the only band i know of whose recent material is even better than their old stuff. plus the fact that they release an album on average every 2 years means you never have to wait long for the next one. but these last 3 have just been great.

lemmy is god!
    edited February 2009
    Stones_Clash;1931833 said:
    lemmy is god!
    I need a sit down right now.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    WhiffleBallTony;1930718 said:
    I thought that album was pretty bad
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    Room for Squares- john Mayer
    Wolfmother-Wolfmother
    X-japan disography
    Mix of random Jpop/Jrock songs
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited February 2009
    Eve 6 - Eve 6

CSN Boxed Set - CSN

The Divine Conspiracy - Epica

Autobahn - Kraftwerk
  • SephiminkSephimink Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Can't stop playing Suck Out The Poison by He Is Legend on shuffle. I'm also very stuck on Colors by BTBAM.
  • SevinWoohooSevinWoohoo Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Daft Punk- Alive 2007
  • trench762trench762 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    awesome, sky valley is in the OP! That will forever be heavy in my rotation.

other than that
    Jars of flies/dirt/facelift by aic
    The essential SRV
    Raising sand - plant and krauss
    Dopes to infinity/superjudge - Monster Magnet
    Zappa - Strictly Commercial
    Qotsa - Rated R

Luckily I have those cd's still, somehow I lost my cd case with all of my favorite cd's in it =(
    not to mention my rare ratm cd, all of my nin halo's (I had like 14) and all of my nirvana cd's which I haven't listened to in years.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Ultimatum;1931984 said:
    I thought that album was pretty bad
    REALLY? I think it is simply amazing. The first time I listened to it I was floored.