MIA isn't rap
    HELL NO
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited February 2009
    CCDaDon;1941903 said:
    No
    MIA isn't rap
    HELL NO
    That's funny, MIA is the only one out of that pack that I'd actually buy. I'm not one of those people who say rap shouldn't be in the game; quite the opposite. I like the idea of expanding the genres. I just don't like a lot of the rap that's been coming out over the past few years. There's some good stuff but the majority lately has been horrible. At least in my opinion.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited February 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;1941968 said:
    That's funny, MIA is the only one out of that pack that I'd actually buy. I'm not one of those people who say rap shouldn't be in the game; quite the opposite. I like the idea of expanding the genres. I just don't like a lot of the rap that's been coming out over the past few years. There's some good stuff but the majority lately has been horrible. At least in my opinion.
    MIA is more Alt R&B than rap... I agree Hip Hop has been terrible lately.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited February 2009
    CCDaDon;1941979 said:
    MIA is more Alt R&B than rap... I agree Hip Hop has been terrible lately.
    Alt R&B? I like that. I've never heard that before... see, I learned something new today. Am I correct in assuming that Santogold would be in the same genre? (I looove Santogold.)
  • RunDMCJamJACRunDMCJamJAC Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    these song would suck(but id buy them) but anyway yeah there are way better rap songs and with way better other instuments besides vocals
  • invincible13mattinvincible13matt Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    I think the reason that rap isn't in RB yet is because it'd probably be hella boring for everyone but the vocalist. Every time So Whatcha' Want comes up, I nearly fall asleep half way through it because it's soooooo slow and soooooo boring on bass and drums (I don't play guitar) and even while doing vocals, I get bored because I quickly realize that I'm doing something that could just as easily be accomplished by taping the mic to the TV speaker and getting ice cream.

now take that feeling and multiply that by about five, and you have the standard of rap I've become accustomed to hearing-redundant, boring, and slow. I understand that some people like that kind of thing, and if there are enough people who really want it, then fine, I'll turn a blind eye to it just like I do to every other song I don't want. But please, PLEASE, no more.

tl;dr: rap seems like it would be boring to play, let's work on something more enjoyable.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited February 2009
    ^Explain us getting Snoop Dogg
    BevoTheWarrior;1941992 said:
    Alt R&B? I like that. I've never heard that before... see, I learned something new today. Am I correct in assuming that Santogold would be in the same genre? (I looove Santogold.)
    Yeah Santogold is pretty good, and yeah she'd be in that genre if it were an actual genre... It should be though...
  • edited February 2009
    Instead of Paper Planes, why not get the original song that is way better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwm1v1R-qM
  • NeedsMoreOrangeNeedsMoreOrange Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Do not want "Rap Band".

Do want M.I.A.!
    Do want Santogold! :D ("Say ahaaaaaaaaa!")
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    NeedsMoreOrange;1943460 said:
    Do not want "Rap Band".

Do want M.I.A.!
    Do want Santogold! :D ("Say ahaaaaaaaaa!")
    Too late, Snoop Dogg is coming to DLC. http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121579
  • robbsoulcaferobbsoulcafe Unsigned
    edited March 2009
    If you think about it, the only "true" HipHop songs that would work with the existing Rock Band format would be some of the old school cuts like "Walk This Way" - Run DMC ft. Aerosmith, The Message, Wild Thing, etc. Most current HipHop songs are too repetitive (as well as horn, keyboard & sample heavy), and would only work if a turntable and/or keyboard component were introduced to the current list of available instruments. (Making it HipHop Band, or Rap Star.)
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    robbsoulcafe;2118181 said:
    "Walk This Way" - Run DMC feat. Aerosmith
    I want Rock Box and King of Rock a lot more.
  • CrazyFoxyFoxCrazyFoxyFox Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    The only kind of rap I can actually tolerate is in songs like 'Livin' on the Corner of...whatever' by MC Frontalot. That song isn't bad. The drum chart's awesome.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Run-DMC is the only rap group I'd want. Raising Hell for DLC?
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    ArmsAreLoud;2118254 said:
    Run-DMC is the only rap group I'd want. Raising Hell for DLC?
    Yes! We need a Run DMC pack!

Rock Box, King of Rock, Raising Hell, Miss Elaine, Tougher Than Leather
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited March 2009
  • lilchilipepperlilchilipepper Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    i love college!!!
  • Phategod1Phategod1 Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    here is a Better suggestion for you
    The Roots
    The Roots
    The Roots
  • Pickleboy03Pickleboy03 Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Do want to see some rap, not any of the new crap that's out there. Gotta see some good stuff, also has to have real instruments, not that electronic crap. That kinda makes it tough, but I think it could be cool.
  • TrianglonTrianglon Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    No
    Just, no.
    If you want rap, get DJ Hero when it comes out.
  • Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited June 2009
    Quick fact, Let It Rock is considered, you guessed it, rock!
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
  • zar291zar291 Opening Act
    edited June 2009
    Just Party Like a Rockstar
  • demolitiondemolition Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    (c)rap band
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited June 2009
    demolition;2582358 said:
    (c)rap band
    HARHARHAR!

You are so original.
  • GIYGASGIYGAS Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Phategod1;2577809 said:
    here is a Better suggestion for you
    The Roots
    The Roots
    The Roots
    THIS. Seriously, just about anything by them would work perfectly for Rock Band. 99 Bars would be the hardest (and most censored) song ever on vocals!
  • MaxxxersMaxxxers Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

rap is terrible.
  • Xander730Xander730 Opening Act
    edited June 2009
  • GIYGASGIYGAS Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Maxxxers;2584367 said:
    tldr: i'm a troll and i dont like rap even though i dont know why and i know how to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v
    Obviously, someone hasn't heard The Roots, Paul's Boutique-era Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, NWA, or Cypress Hill...
  • InsrtCoinsInsrtCoins Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Some classic rap would be fun. Just off the top of my head, I'd like to see "My Block (Nitty Remix)" or "Thugz Mansion (Nas Acoustic)" by 2pac

There's even some new rap that would make the jump well. "Riot Maker" by Tech N9ne and "3 A.M. (Travis Barker Remix)" by Eminem come to mind off hand.

Yeah, anything to get some more genres on the store. That'd be great.