Heaven & Hell - "The Devil You Know"

AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
edited February 2009 in History of Rock
So can't wait for this! :cool:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/heaven-hell-feeling-devilish-on-new-album-1003940100.story

Heaven And Hell, the band featuring the post-Ozzy Osbourne members of Black Sabbath, will release its first album under that name, "The Devil You Know," April 28 on Rhino.

The set is Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice's first studio release since the 1992 Sabbath album "Dehumanizer," and was preceded by three new songs on the recent compilation "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years."

Song titles include "Bible Black," "Rock & Roll Angel," "Breaking Into Heaven," "Atom & Evil" and "Eating the Cannibals."

Iommi told Billboard last summer that "it really is Black Sabbath, whatever we do," but said the artists had chosen to tour as Heaven And Hell "so everyone knows what they're getting [and] so people won't expect to hear 'Iron Man' and all those songs. We've done them for so many years, it's nice to do just all the stuff with did with Ronnie again."

Comments

• HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Sweet, the first real Sabbath in a long time, haha. Hopefully this turns out good. I've heard good enough things about their live performance, now we'll see if they can still write.
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited February 2009
    It's time like these that make me excited to follow music. It's really exciting to have bands I love releasing new material while I'm paying attention instead of having to listen to it all in retrospective.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    I'm really excited for this album and the upcoming tour.
    Saw them on the Metal Masters tour last summer and they were phenomenal.
  • SevinWoohooSevinWoohoo Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    I lol'd pretty hard at Bible Black.

Anyway, cool. I like Dio in Sabbath but my friend hates him and says that Ozzy's way better.
  • Stones_ClashStones_Clash Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    heaven and hell is one of my favorite metal albums, and i prefer the dio era sabbath lineup, so this is pretty cool news. ill definitely be sure to check this out when it releases.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited February 2009
    I once heard a long time ago of an Ozzy-Era Reunion. Did Tony like being with Ronnie and Vinny too much to trade them for Ozzy and Bill?
  • TheCrimsonSaintTheCrimsonSaint Headliner
    edited February 2009
    ^^It's just because Dio is fifty-billion times the front man that Ozzy will ever be. Bill and Vinnie are too different to compare, maybe Toni feels that the heavy-hitter style complements Dio's vocals well.
  • UltimatumUltimatum Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    Ozzy's doing his own thing and Vinnie always plays with Dio, Ward doesn't fit Dio quite like Vinnie does.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;1944079 said:
    I once heard a long time ago of an Ozzy-Era Reunion. Did Tony like being with Ronnie and Vinny too much to trade them for Ozzy and Bill?
    Bill chose not to do anything with Heaven & Hell. He was originally going to when the Dio era reunited but changed his mind wanting to remain loyal to Ozzy , and more importantly Sharon.

Tony and Geezer still get together with Ozzy and Ward for the Ozzfest shows featuring Sabbath. Both Tony and Geezer have stated that the tours they did in 2007 and 2008 with Dio have been the most fun they've had touring in years. Both felt it was nice to be playing songs they hadn't for many years as they have asked Ozzy to mix up his set list but he's refused not wanting to re-learn the songs.

They'll be back with Ozzy again at some point. I think they'll continue to bounce back and forth between both lineups. Ultimately it's a real win for fans of Sabbath in general. Fans of both era's can be happy.
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited February 2009
    TheCrimsonSaint;1944107 said:
    ^^It's just because Dio is fifty-billion times the front man that Ozzy will ever be. Bill and Vinnie are too different to compare, maybe Toni feels that the heavy-hitter style complements Dio's vocals well.
    I disagree with Dio being a better front man. I have seen them both in concert, and Dio does put on a good show, he is no Ozzy in front of a crowd. ;)
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    As much as I enjoy the Ozzy-era of Sabbath, I'd much rather have them touring with Dio. When they play with Ozzy now it's more of the idea of Sabbath, but with Dio it's actually an impressive show. Ozzy is just way too far gone (in numerous ways) to be a captivating frontman, but Dio still has it.
  • GNRrockslifeGNRrockslife Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    I'm very excited. Heaven And Hell/Dio Sabbath is my favorite lineup of any band ever, except the 6-man Maiden lineup. I've seen Heaven And Hell 6 times between '07 and '08, and all of them have been mindblowing shows. Funny thing is, if you asked me 2 years ago what I thought of Heaven And Hell, I would have said somethign alogn the lines of "**** Dio". Now, I barely ever listen to Sabbath with Ozzy.
  • Tono_FyrTono_Fyr Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Dio Sabbath rules. I can't wait.