New Duff McKagan single from his new album

AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
edited February 2009 in History of Rock
Good stuff. Like this better than any of the VR stuff.

http://www.playboy.com/blog-assets/song-2/player.html

Comments

• AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Bump. No love for Duff?
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    I heard this on the radio today.
    The whole thing struck me as being really amateur. From the lyrics to the melody to the random guitar leads, nothing felt like it was at the level it should have been. It also sounded really dated, like a pop-rock song from 10 or 15 years ago.
    That's just me though. I do find it humorous that everyone holds the former members of GnR in such high regard, but Chinese Democracy is tons better than this or either Velvet Revolver album. Oh well.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    thedoorsdk;1964758 said:
    The whole thing struck me as being really amateur. From the lyrics to the melody to the random guitar leads, nothing felt like it was at the level it should have been. It also sounded really dated, like a pop-rock song from 10 or 15 years ago.
    That's just me though. I do find it humorous that everyone holds the former members of GnR in such high regard, but Chinese Democracy is tons better than this or either Velvet Revolver album. Oh well.
    I only hold Duff and Izzy in high regard. They're really the only two that have done some cool solo stuff since quitting the band, especially Izzy.
  • benson111benson111 Eater of Fine Cupcakes
    edited February 2009
    thedoorsdk;1964758 said:
    All subject to opinion. I prefer what was Velvet To what is GNR.
  • ShacklersRevengeShacklersRevenge Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    This song is generic. I've never even knew Duff was doing new solo things until now.