Being Good = Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

ArmeniusLODArmeniusLOD Opening Act
edited February 2009 in Rock Band
So I just finished playing four hours of Score Duels and three people on Xbox Live marked my rep down for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. What the hell? If you're not competitive on Expert level then maybe you should play Hard when online. Seriously, some of these people can only manage as little as a quarter of the score you should be getting on Expert.

There was also one guy who stopped playing Shooting Star about a quarter of the way through without quitting and then marks ME down for Quitting Early. I won't stop playing a song just because the other person isn't doing well or stops. If he had disconnected his ethernet cord I would have filed a report for cheating under Console Tampering. That pisses me off more than quitting early because then it just recognizes it as the other player leaving instead of conceding defeat.

On a lighter note I did do about four matches against ParadigmShift89 today, and boy was I nervous! I almost got him on You Oughta Know, but choked at the end. Where'd You Go was another close one because he choked in the solo, but I choked worse.

Comments

• FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited February 2009
    Sore Losers, unless you were bashing them saying you can do better. Always say good game after a battle, maybe that could help.
  • yelladog32yelladog32 Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    You file complaints for tampering when people take the cord out? You take this stuff too seriously. The console tampering refers to creating modifications within games using modified consoles.

Rep means nothing on Xbox Live. Get over it...
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    You think that's bad? 25% of complaints against me are for using bad language. I don't even use a headset.
  • ArmeniusLODArmeniusLOD Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    I mark anyone down who quits early so I have less of a chance of playing against them online again. I know Console Tampering is defined as a modification, but I stretch it to include anyone who interrupts online play just because they are losing. I did it in Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 too.

And I don't care about the rep, everyone who is online regularly has 5 stars anyway. The point is that they are sore losers and taking it out on me. I don't care if I lose, I just like playing the game. I don't use a headset because I don't see anywhere to plug it in the RB1 strat.
  • CONAN9845CONAN9845 Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    The plug is, if you're right handed, about 4 inches above where the strap attaches to the guitar, on the side.

Oh, and stop being such a poor winner, you jerk. lol
  • ArmeniusLODArmeniusLOD Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    CONAN9845;1960881 said:
    The plug is, if you're right handed, about 4 inches above where the strap attaches to the guitar, on the side.

Oh, and stop being such a poor winner, you jerk. lol
    Holy crap, I never noticed that before. It's so tiny, unmarked, and indistinct! I think I searched the thing more than a dozen times looking for it... unless you used your sorcery to put it there :eek:.
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    Not being funny to the OP but i'm guessing he/she hasn't played many games on Xbox Live.

Basically if you win, you get bad rep. It happens on every game and it's been happening for a long time.
  • BearclawBearclaw Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Make sure you have the extra crappy adapter so you can use your headset. Then you're better off not using it at all.
    edited February 2009
    ArmeniusLOD;1960927 said:
    Holy crap, I never noticed that before. It's so tiny, unmarked, and indistinct! I think I searched the thing more than a dozen times looking for it... unless you used your sorcery to put it there :eek:.
    If you think that's cool, check this out...

Abracapocus... Hocuscadabra...

BAM!

There's now another hole on the bottom side of the guitar that you can use to plug in your drum bass pedal, thereby stomping your way to overdrive activation.

You're welcome.
    edited February 2009
    Bearclaw;1960934 said:
    Make sure you have the extra crappy adapter so you can use your headset. Then you're better off not using it at all.
    Or...

You could just make sure you have a new headset. What the **** is this, the God damned Dark Ages?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited February 2009
    ArmeniusLOD;1960799 said:
    What the hell? If you're not competitive on Expert level then maybe you should play Hard when online. Seriously, some of these people can only manage as little as a quarter of the score you should be getting on Expert.
    You don't sound like a very good sport.
  • jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    LuigiHann;1961061 said:
    You don't sound like a very good sport.
    Exactly... You say you report people for pulling out their ethernet cord (how the hell do you know they're doing that?), but complain when someone files against you for quitting early? So what if they stopped playing, you quit. Get over it, it's da interwebz...
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    CONAN9845;1960939 said:
    There's now another hole on the bottom side of the guitar that you can use to plug in your drum bass pedal, thereby stomping your way to overdrive activation.
    Sonoma beach! How the heck did I miss THAT?
    edited February 2009
    jmohr1;1961099 said:
    Exactly... You say you report people for pulling out their ethernet cord (how the hell do you know they're doing that?), but complain when someone files against you for quitting early? So what if they stopped playing, you quit. Get over it, it's da interwebz...
    No, he said he gets bad rep for quitting early when he simply wins and the other player stops playing without quitting.

People who use the rep system have no idea what they're doing, I have several for "disruptive" (I only chat in parties with my friends) and multiple for quitting early as well (something I have never done unless it was absolutely necessary). In fact, the quitting early ones likely occurred in a Call of Duty game when I was mysteriously the host and had to go to work. I hit quit game and the room closed and before I left people were getting all pissed at me. Because I had to go to work. I even explained it to them before I left. Terrible, terrible people.
  • GenovationGenovation Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    DesiredFX;1961146 said:
    It's not really featured that prominently in any of the documentation for the guitar. It's kind of a pain in the ass if you're using the stock drum pedal too, since the coiled cord has a tendency to just pull the plug of of the socket.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Two words: sore losers.

That's the unfortunate thing of playing score duel and tug of war. You can easily get rated bad just for winning. Don't worry about it though. As long as you have fun, that's all that matters. Rep doesn't really matter, and these people can only each give you a bad rating once.
    edited February 2009
    DesiredFX;1961146 said:
    You didn't miss it... I just put it there with my sorcery. It wasn't there before.
    Genovation;1961272 said:
    It's not really featured that prominently in any of the documentation for the guitar. It's kind of a pain in the ass if you're using the stock drum pedal too, since the coiled cord has a tendency to just pull the plug of of the socket.
    This is true, but what I did was get an "L" adaptor, and a nice extender cord. It actually works quite well.

Madcatz has also announced the first third party stomp-box for it, but I don't know of a release date. It's also a tad expensive.

DocSoCal also did a mod for one, I think. It would be cheaper, but more labor intensive. I'm rich and lazy, so that's not an option for me.

Wait... I'm not rich at all. Dammit!
    edited February 2009
    Just so you know, the Destroyer pedal doesn't work for activating OD, last time I checked. >_>
  • naeandpetenaeandpete Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    While this system seems good in theory, it obviously needs some work. Personally, I would be pissed if people marked me down as unsportsmanlike when I was doing every thing correctly. Yet another reason I don't own a 360.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    ArmeniusLOD;1960799 said:
    So I just finished playing four hours of Score Duels and three people on Xbox Live marked my rep down for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. What the hell? If you're not competitive on Expert level then maybe you should play Hard when online. Seriously, some of these people can only manage as little as a quarter of the score you should be getting on Expert.

There was also one guy who stopped playing Shooting Star about a quarter of the way through without quitting and then marks ME down for Quitting Early. I won't stop playing a song just because the other person isn't doing well or stops. If he had disconnected his ethernet cord I would have filed a report for cheating under Console Tampering. That pisses me off more than quitting early because then it just recognizes it as the other player leaving instead of conceding defeat.

On a lighter note I did do about four matches against ParadigmShift89 today, and boy was I nervous! I almost got him on You Oughta Know, but choked at the end. Where'd You Go was another close one because he choked in the solo, but I choked worse.
    It's rep. On the internet. No one cares, and neither should you.
  • SpydasSpydas Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    Same thing happened to me on Call of Duty 4. I have around 50% unsporting conducting because I win.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    Yeah it happens all the time in other games as well. I play alot of COD, and I get it there as well. One week I went without a headset and I got suspended for apparently trash talking. It is pretty sad, but hey its xbox live.
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited February 2009
    ArmeniusLOD;1960837 said:
    I mark anyone down who quits early so I have less of a chance of playing against them online again. I know Console Tampering is defined as a modification, but I stretch it to include anyone who interrupts online play just because they are losing. I did it in Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 too.

And I don't care about the rep, everyone who is online regularly has 5 stars anyway. The point is that they are sore losers and taking it out on me. I don't care if I lose, I just like playing the game. I don't use a headset because I don't see anywhere to plug it in the RB1 strat.
    Because you are allowed to stretch the rules you didnt make.

Hmm... I think Ill report you for feedback tampering.
  • wiejamancowiejamanco Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    back_blows;1960829 said:
    You think that's bad? 25% of complaints against me are for using bad language. I don't even use a headset.
    I've had that happen. I filed one back, said they lacked skill.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Wait a second, on 360, people have REPS?
    ... Didn't know online gaming could form a reputation.

But seriously, I'm a bit confused, could someone explain the rep sytem to me so I can properly contribute to the topic?
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Now I'm kinda glad PS3 doesn't have this feature.
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    I mark down a lot of people -- but I use either Lacks Skill or Doesn't Understand Game, because those don't affect your rep. They just make it less likely for me ever to run into those people again. It's a good tool to manage who you get matched to... especially in Band Quick Play when you keep running into people who, for the warmup song, go "LETS PLAY PAINKILLAR UR PANIC ATTAK LOL" and don't seem to understand there's more than two songs in the game.
    edited February 2009
    SonicRocker15X;1962229 said:
    Wait a second, on 360, people have REPS?
    ... Didn't know online gaming could form a reputation.

But seriously, I'm a bit confused, could someone explain the rep sytem to me so I can properly contribute to the topic?
    It doesn't really mean anything in the sense of an actually reputation, you can avoid or prefer players based upon your interactions with them. If you are left negative feedback, it documents the reasons so you can review your terrible, terrible behaviour. The only reason it can be annoying is when people abuse it like these people do when they get mad because they suck. I use it to avoid people who quit early or are generally just ****heads.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited February 2009
    HeXcoda;1962391 said:
    especially in Band Quick Play when you keep running into people who...don't seem to understand there's more than two songs in the game.
    Yeah, there's three. They forget A Jagged Gorgeous Winter.
    edited February 2009
    gnffhqwhgads;1962451 said:
    yeah, there's three. They forget a jagged gorgeous winter.
    You win the thread.

Anti capslock for the loss.