Real Drummers I Need Your Advice...Please

DarknessTheWolfDarknessTheWolf Unsigned
edited February 2009 in Rock Band
I am thinking about buying a drum kit but as a beginner what would be the best thing to buy???

Cause drums on rock band are more similar to real drums but not with the guitar cause guitar has keys and real guitar has strings.while drums on rock band and real life its all about rhythm about hitting the drum itself..

But anyone that started out playing drums what you get and any advice?? because i love music all the time now :):)

Comments

• aremisaremis Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    Not really something that can be recommended. It's all based on your wallet size. Can you afford a brand name 5-piece kit and adding extra's like brand name cymbals (i.e Tama drums/Sabian Cymbals) or maybe all you can afford is a beginner set with free cymbals (Pearl set with free Pearl cymbals), or even something low end like a Westbury kit and no-name cymbals.

You should be going to the store and testing them out and speaking with a drum pro there, not just a message board.
  • nucguy13nucguy13 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    I'm planing on getting a new drum set to, wallet size is probably the biggest factor, The main thing I need to consider is the noise level, There is no way i can have a real dum kit because its Way to loud, so its an electronic kit for me with a nice set of head phones, Alot of people are happy with the ION kt for 300 bucks, pretty good I think, the alesis sound brain runs about 350 bucks, Also like the previous post go to alot of music stores sit at alot of drum kits, with time you'll figure out what is right for you.

Good Luck!:D
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2009
    DarknessTheWolf;1966364 said:
    I am thinking about buying a drum kit but as a beginner what would be the best thing to buy???
    If you tell us how much money you are willing to spend on this venture, we can give you some solid suggestions. :)
  • Chris521Chris521 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    davidshek;1967107 said:
    If you tell us how much money you are willing to spend on this venture, we can give you some solid suggestions. :)
    also whether you are going electric or accoustic
  • Medic6464Medic6464 Opening Act
    edited February 2009
    nucguy13;1966585 said:
    I'm planing on getting a new drum set to, wallet size is probably the biggest factor, The main thing I need to consider is the noise level, There is no way i can have a real dum kit because its Way to loud, so its an electronic kit for me with a nice set of head phones, Alot of people are happy with the ION kt for 300 bucks, pretty good I think, the alesis sound brain runs about 350 bucks, Also like the previous post go to alot of music stores sit at alot of drum kits, with time you'll figure out what is right for you.

Good Luck!:D
    Take a look at the link in my signature. The ION kit is 259 with free shipping!! That is $50.00 less than anywhere else I found. I used the 50 saved to go towards my Pintech cymbals!! BTW, Abe's of Maine is an authorized dealer for ION.

ION Rocker Drum Kit:
    Roland KD8/Pearl P120P/Kickbox
    2 10" and 1 14" Pintech's

(http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=IONIED07&id=IONIED07)
    Not an employee, just a satisfied customer!!

Xbox 360 Elite HDMI into 65" 1080p Mitsubishi DLP HDTV

Medium/Hard drums
    Band: I don't care about ya (For family fun)
    XBL Gamertag: Medic6464
    DLC: 324/580 (55%) songs
    Navy Corsman RULE Semper Fi!!
  • ffemtffemt Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    A great place to start is Musician's Friend, they have a great selection, from beginner to pro. Just a suggestion when I started playing I used sabian b8 and b8 pro cymbals. Great cymbal to start with, I still have them today and still use them on occasion.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/