The Official NASCAR Thread

Comments

• tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited August 2009
    gmarsh;2816042 said:
    I hate Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, and Tony Stewart. Not because they win all the time. But Because they are annoying, their personality's suck.
    Agree on that one and that one only. Stewart's changed, Gordon never wins anymore, Johnson's my driver, Kyle Busch is my worst enemy.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited August 2009
    ^I'll admit Stewart isn't as bad as he used to be. But I still find him irritating.
    edited August 2009
    gmarsh;2816064 said:
    ^I'll admit Stewart isn't as bad as he used to be. But I still find him irritating.
    I hated 2003-2007 Stewart so much.

"I lost, Goodyear sucks.''
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited August 2009
    tridentgum0;2816074 said:
    I hated 2003-2007 Stewart so much.

"I lost, Goodyear sucks.''
    That pretty much was his excuse every time. God Forbid it was actually his fault.
  • n4sc4rn4sc4r Road Warrior
    edited August 2009
    Updated op is updated. 'Grats to Hamlin on the emotional win. He deserved it.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited August 2009
    Nice for Hamlin to win today at Pocono, I used to go to the 2 races at Pocono back in the day, that time has passed along with my interest in nascar. I remember my uncle got bad sunburn from sitting on those bleachers for 4 hours. My ass was killing me too. You'd think they'd have better seating for an event like nascar.
  • Jerome85Jerome85 Banned
    edited August 2009
    i can only imagine what hamlin was going through in that car. being able to perform like that after losing a family member had to be very emotional and rewarding. i am a smoke fan but there couldnt have been a better winner than the 11 car. good job denny. the dude is a beast at pocono
  • forrest99forrest99 Banned
    edited August 2009
    Juan Pablo Shouldve won, Hamlin Sucks
    edited August 2009
    forrest99;2819446 said:
    Because having a decent amount of Sprint Cup wins in 4-5 years means you suck. Not liking someone /=/ they suck. Kyle Busch is my worst enemy but I still recognize that he is probably the most talented driver on the circuit.

Also, speaking of Kyle, he's butthurt that Amborse beat him in Nationwide. Expect a bunch of whining and crying from him tomorrow. Man, I love road course racing, some of my favorite races.
    edited August 2009
    forrest99;2819446 said:
    Can you have the least consideration for somebody who just won a race after a long race winless streak and doing so after just losing his grandmother? That's low dude...
    edited August 2009
    tridentgum0;2840955 said:
    Also, speaking of Kyle, he's butthurt that Ambrose beat him in Nationwide. Expect a bunch of whining and crying from him tomorrow. Man, I love road course racing, some of my favorite races.
    Yeah Ambrose was my hero. He raced Busch just like Busch would've raced him. I'm more curious to see Robby Gordon and Joey Logano. Robby wrecked himself trying to wreck Logano, then took Logano out and NASCAR gave him the freaking lucky dog on the same caution! He ended up in like 14th while Logano was out of the race. I think it's bull**** and hope Logano takes him out later today.

Also, how about a new Earnhardt? Jeffrey Earnhardt finished 24th in his first start. He was in the top 20 on the last lap but the wreck that occured affected him somehow. I never saw exactly how.
    edited August 2009
    n4sc4r;2842570 said:
    Also, how about a new Earnhardt? Jeffrey Earnhardt finished 24th in his first start. He was in the top 20 on the last lap but the wreck that occured affected him somehow. I never saw exactly how.
    I'm hopeful that this one has talent. They put Junior in a Hendrick car and he's still a bum.
    edited August 2009
    Brian Vickers takes home the checkered flag at Michigan. That was a fun race, quickly becoming one of my favorite race tracks.
    edited August 2009
    Good job to Vickers. He kinda used Johnson tbh. Made him speed up and burn out and used him to draft and save fuel....

Updating the op now. Kyle Busch is 15th in points ftmfw!
  • iamtheddrmaniamtheddrman Merch-Table
    edited August 2009
    I'm so happy that Montoya is doing so well this year. Today wasn't a great finish for him, but he can maintain this and make the Chase. Then he needs to turn it on and win a title already! I doubt he'll do it this year with all the competition, but that won't stop me from hoping... If he can't pull it off, I hope Johnson pulls off the unprecedented 4-in-a-row. :D
    edited August 2009
    I'm kind of hoping Stewart seals the deal with his new team, just because I think it would be neat.

By the way, for anyone paying attention to the Talladega winner, Brad Keselowski, he wats to run in the sprint cup series next year, and stay with Hendrick. The issue? Hendrick's kinda off limits, except for one option. Hendrick Motorsports has 4 drivers, Stewart-Haas has no plans to add another team next year, and JR Motorsports isn't going cup yet. Therefore, the only Hendrick affiliated option would be to drive the #09 Micosukee car owned by James Finch, the same one he won with at Talladega. What he'll actually do, I don't know.
  • Jerome85Jerome85 Banned
    edited August 2009
    saving fuel and road courses are about the only thing jj isnt good at. i think id rather be involved in an accident on the first lap than run out of gas while leading with a couple laps to go. that has to suck.

jimmie was quick to remember vickers wrecking him and jr at talladega for his first win. i found the jab he threw out in the post race interview funny. congrats brian on your first win..i mean second win

go smoke
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited August 2009
    I thought(and hoped) Jr. Would Win yesterday, after Johnson ran out of fuel, I was positive Gordon and Vickers would to.
    edited August 2009
    I hope JR never wins. It just proves how much of a bum he is.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited August 2009
    tridentgum0;2891725 said:
    I hope JR never wins. It just proves how much of a bum he is.
    How is he a bum?
    edited August 2009
    They put him in the top equipment in NASCAR and he still can't win. He's always been an untalented hick with a prestigious last name.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited August 2009
    tridentgum0;2891756 said:
    They put him in the top equipment in NASCAR and he still can't win. He's always been an untalented hick with a prestigious last name.
    The Past 2 or 3 years he hasn't been all that great, but the thing is, his first few years he was a very good, consistent driver.
    edited August 2009
    Jr. was good until he lost Tony Eury Sr. as a crew chief and became so terribly overhyped. I still think Tony Eury Sr. may be the best crew chief in NASCAR, or 2nd to Chad Knaus.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited August 2009
    n4sc4r;2891892 said:
    Jr. was good until he lost Tony Eury Sr. as a crew chief and became so terribly overhyped. I still think Tony Eury Sr. may be the best crew chief in NASCAR, or 2nd to Chad Knaus.
    Agreed.
    edited October 2009
    Go mark martin, 3rd fastest in practice at fontana, i smell a first championship a brewing after 30 years of racing
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited October 2009
    I dislike Mark Martin. When the hell is he really going to retire?

I'm still laughing at the fact that Kyle Busch isn't in the chase and that Joey Logano beat him in that Nationwide race. :D
    edited October 2009
    Last I checked Mark Martin has beat the crap out of Kyle Busch on the track. I dont think he needs to retire.
    edited October 2009
    Mark Martin deserves to win the title. The guys been racing his entire life and hasn't won a nascar championship. He's done everything else.
  • gmarshgmarsh Headliner
    edited October 2009
    I agree, Martin is always coming in second(most of his career), he's so nice, and he's a gentlemen. He deserves to win a championship more than anyone. If he continues to race like this, he doesn't need to retire.
    edited October 2009
    Mark Martin is the ****ing man. **** your wrong opinion.