The Official NASCAR Thread

Comments

• n4sc4rn4sc4r Road Warrior
    edited July 2009
    mimic;2656125 said:
    Comparing Jr's talent to Kahne's is laughable though. Kahne was in dirt racing and he's a crazy drifter. I respect the dirt racers like him and Stewart. You can't sit there and tell me Jeff Gordon's old crew chief's team is awesome. The dodge cars on a whole are crap.

Besides Kahne worked his way up he wasn't spoon fed restrictor plate tips from his daddy.
    Whatever you say man. In my opinion they're both about even, and neither are close to the best. I won't say anything, though, since I'm Truex fan. Lol it's been kinda embarassing.

I almost got to see Kahne in victory lane a few years ago at the Brickyard, though. But Stewart got the lead and outdrove him during the last run.

EDIT for news - Just so everyone knows a judge lifted Jeremy Mayfield's suspension so he can race while the case goes on.
  • dude24dude24 Banned
    edited July 2009
    Joey got lucky and was in the right place at the right time. Just like David at the coca cola 600. He didnt win the coca cola 600. More the like 300 to me. I didnt see 600 miles of racing. And same goes for Joey and Matt Kenseth. Who won the Daytona 350 not 500.
  • dude24dude24 Banned
    edited July 2009
    But I love the double file restarts. And may i make a suggestion to Nascar.

If they are going to run only half a race. They should give fans half their money back. in my opinion
    edited July 2009
    Getting ready to update the op after an AMAZING race. Tony Stewart's my hero lol.
  • dude24dude24 Banned
    edited July 2009
    I love tony. He didnt let that little punk kyle bucsh push him around.

That stupid yellow line rule is causing the leader to wreck at the end of the race.

maybe they should put it back in.
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited July 2009
    What did I learn at Daytona? Kyle Busch is a dumbass.
    edited July 2009
    tridentgum0;2670253 said:
    What did I learn at Daytona? Kyle Busch is a dumbass.
    Agreed. He could have kept his groun d and still would have probably won, but he had to be an idiot and try to force it. Maybe he forgot that Stewart had the nuts to wreck someone? lol
    edited July 2009
    n4sc4r;2670395 said:
    Agreed. He could have kept his groun d and still would have probably won, but he had to be an idiot and try to force it. Maybe he forgot that Stewart had the nuts to wreck someone? lol
    I think I'm gonna make a custom t-shirt that says "I Hate Kyle Busch".
    edited July 2009
    tridentgum0;2670401 said:
    I think I'm gonna make a custom t-shirt that says "I Hate Kyle Busch".
    How about one that shows him hitting the wall while Stewart crosses the finish line that says "Busch whacked"?
    edited July 2009
    New avatar is new and awesome.
    edited July 2009
    tridentgum0;2670522 said:
    New avatar is new and awesome.
    Agreed.
  • mimicmimic Fairly Great Poster
    edited July 2009
    I like him. He's the only one with the balls to call out how pathetic Jr. is.
    edited July 2009
    mimic;2670743 said:
    Blasphemer. He's a poor sport and an idiot. Jr. is pathetic, but Kyle Busch is one of my most hated people in sports. (Terrell Owens, Ozzie Guillen, Tom Brady, and Kobe Bryant are also on the list).
    edited July 2009
    tridentgum0;2670987 said:
    Blasphemer. He's a poor sport and an idiot. Jr. is pathetic, but Kyle Busch is one of my most hated people in sports. (Terrell Owens, Ozzie Guillen, Tom Brady, and Kobe Bryant are also on the list).
    He's the troll of nascar. Which is why I like him. He wants you to hate him. You can't deny his talent though.
  • iamtheddrmaniamtheddrman Merch-Table
    edited July 2009
    mimic;2670743 said:
    This.
    mimic;2671080 said:
    He's the troll of nascar. Which is why I like him. He wants you to hate him. You can't deny his talent though.
    And this.

While I don't like him personally, I have him on my fantasy team most of the time because he's just that dang good. Right now though, I'm riding the coattails of the Hendrick team and ex-F1 stars (Gordon, Johnson, Montoya) with a few scrubs to finish out my team.

Anyways, Busch is a great driver as far as raw talent goes, but needs to mature a bit before he'll be the best. Watching the Grand-Am race this weekend confirmed my feelings on this. He flat-spotted his tires and ran of the track like twice in 35 laps, while Scott Speed (the other driver on his team for the race) race quite well. It's sad to get outraced by Scott Speed... seriously.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2009
    Dale Jr. is proof that only a small handful of drivers in NASCAR have enough individual talent to compete no matter what they drive, instead of competing simply because OF the car they drive

He is an average driver, and the only drivers with any real skill are Johnson, Montoya, Stewart, and Busch
    edited July 2009
    HeyRiles;2674566 said:
    Dale Jr. is proof that only a small handful of drivers in NASCAR have enough individual talent to compete no matter what they drive, instead of competing simply because OF the car they drive

He is an average driver, and the only drivers with any real skill are Johnson, Montoya, Stewart, and Busch
    Exactly. While the Hendrick cars are amazing, it still takes talent to take them to the front. That talent is clearly something Jr. doesn't have. If they put Montoya in Jr's car, all 4 Hendrick cars would have a shot at winning any given week. I'm stoked that Montoya is in the Chase given that his car is just middle of the road in terms of performance. I hope that his team continues to work on it so he has a legitimate shot at winning a championship, this year or next. Either way, I'd be happy with Johnson winning this year too :D
    edited July 2009
    iamtheddrman;2674269 said:
    This.

And this.

While I don't like him personally, I have him on my fantasy team most of the time because he's just that dang good. Right now though, I'm riding the coattails of the Hendrick team and ex-F1 stars (Gordon, Johnson, Montoya) with a few scrubs to finish out my team.

Anyways, Busch is a great driver as far as raw talent goes, but needs to mature a bit before he'll be the best. Watching the Grand-Am race this weekend confirmed my feelings on this. He flat-spotted his tires and ran of the track like twice in 35 laps, while Scott Speed (the other driver on his team for the race) race quite well. It's sad to get outraced by Scott Speed... seriously.
    A lot of the drivers are SO boring. They get interviewed, they all say the same thing, that they had a good car, they thank the sponsors and the guys working back at the shop. They don't know what to do with their hands.

Busch is entertaining. I like the trash talk. I like how conceited he is. The first moment I liked him was when he insulted the groupies that hang around the infield. I can't remember what he called them, I'm sure one of you remembers.

Look at his brother. HE sickens me. He was the one the fans hated and booed. What did he do? Started smiling all the time, kissing the fans ass in interviews. Always doing that stupid peace sign. Kyle went the other way. Boo him he gives you the finger, bows like he's enjoying it.

I'd do the same thing. Imagine how pissed you be if the prince of nascar decided he wanted to be on hendrick so you're boss fires you to make room for him. So you go to another team, you flourish, kick everyones ass. And the guy that replaced you struggles, yet everyone still boos you and loves the loser.

Just imagine what that sport would be like if robbie gordon, tony stewart and kyle bush left. All sports need their trolls, and all three of those guys have a **** load amount of talent to back it up.

Ddr and I are right, if you disagree then you're a stupid face!
    edited July 2009
    mimic;2674827 said:
    A lot of the drivers are SO boring. They get interviewed, they all say the same thing, that they had a good car, they thank the sponsors and the guys working back at the shop. They don't know what to do with their hands.

Busch is entertaining. I like the trash talk. I like how conceited he is. The first moment I liked him was when he insulted the groupies that hang around the infield. I can't remember what he called them, I'm sure one of you remembers.

Look at his brother. HE sickens me. He was the one the fans hated and booed. What did he do? Started smiling all the time, kissing the fans ass in interviews. Always doing that stupid peace sign. Kyle went the other way. Boo him he gives you the finger, bows like he's enjoying it.

I'd do the same thing. Imagine how pissed you be if the prince of nascar decided he wanted to be on hendrick so you're boss fires you to make room for him. So you go to another team, you flourish, kick everyones ass. And the guy that replaced you struggles, yet everyone still boos you and loves the loser.

Just imagine what that sport would be like if robbie gordon, tony stewart and kyle bush left. All sports need their trolls, and all three of those guys have a **** load amount of talent to back it up.

He started driving the Blue Deuce. You don't **** with the Blue Deuce.

Also, Tony Stewart's barely a troll at all anymore. Kyle Busch is a ****ing loser, I will never stand him. I disagree, therefore, I am a stupid face.

Also also, if Robby has the talent to back it up, why hasn't he won a race in six years? :rolleyes:
    edited July 2009
    tridentgum0;2675805 said:
    He started driving the Blue Deuce. You don't **** with the Blue Deuce.

Also, Tony Stewart's barely a troll at all anymore. Kyle Busch is a ****ing loser, I will never stand him. I disagree, therefore, I am a stupid face.

Also also, if Robby has the talent to back it up, why hasn't he won a race in six years? :rolleyes:
    Kurt Busch was hated even when he was driving for Roush.

I don't watch anymore so I don't know how Stewart is now.

Robbie has massive amounts of talent. I can't believe you can even question that. He's even got a lot of open wheel talent and the stuff he does in baja is crazy. Unlike Jr, Robbie would flourish if given a Hendrick car.

Also, I wish they were all given the same cars. If Nascar were to do that I would definitely start watching again. I'm sure a lot of people would.
    edited July 2009
    mimic;2675831 said:
    Kurt Busch was hated even when he was driving for Roush.

I don't watch anymore so I don't know how Stewart is now.

Robbie has massive amounts of talent. I can't believe you can even question that. He's even got a lot of open wheel talent and the stuff he does in baja is crazy. Unlike Jr, Robbie would flourish if given a Hendrick car.
    I noticed Kurt Busch became less hated when he started driving Rusty's old car. It's pretty obvious.

Ever since he got his own team, Tony has really made an effort to clean himself up.

Yeah, he drove for Childress before they sucked and didn't win jack****. Stick to Baja Robby.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited July 2009
    I have to say that I cheered when Tony Stewart spun out Kyle Busch on the last lap at Daytona. It's about time somebody put that guy in his place.
    edited July 2009
    tridentgum0;2675840 said:
    I noticed Kurt Busch became less hated when he started driving Rusty's old car. It's pretty obvious.

Ever since he got his own team, Tony has really made an effort to clean himself up.

Yeah, he drove for Childress before they sucked and didn't win jack****. Stick to Baja Robby.
    I don't know, childress sucked too. Earnhardt got everything and the other guys got the scraps.
  • TheRedneck38TheRedneck38 Opening Act
    edited July 2009
    Mega-Tallica;2676753 said:
    I have to say that I cheered when Tony Stewart spun out Kyle Busch on the last lap at Daytona. It's about time somebody put that guy in his place.
    Amen, Kyle totally did it to himself anyway. I bet he was just pissed he didn't take tony out with him.
  • dude24dude24 Banned
    edited July 2009
    The thing Kyle Busch is got to understand is this isn't the nationwide series.

Your not going to go out and demolish the competition like he does in nationwide series.

Sorry Kyle if you cant win every race in the Nextel Cup. You wanted to race with the big boys. You got it.

The thing about the Nextel cup is, Everyone has talent. Not just one driver. Thats why its so hard to win a race. Robby has lots of talent, Boris said has lots of talent. Thats why they're in the Nextel cup. So its no question whether they have talent or not. Its just hard to win
    edited July 2009
    mimic;2674827 said:
    *snip*

Yeah, without the trolls, you'd have nobody to hate. What fun is a sport if you don't have at least one person to love and one person to hate? Where would NFL be without T.O.? You gotta have somebody to catch the flak, lol. Of course, they do have talent to back it up, so it's not such a bad thing. I don't like Tony Stewart all that much either, but his talent is undeniable.

And yes we are :p
    dude24;2679213 said:
    The thing about the Nextel cup is, Everyone has talent. Not just one driver. Thats why its so hard to win a race. Robby has lots of talent, Boris said has lots of talent. Thats why they're in the Nextel cup. So its no question whether they have talent or not. Its just hard to win
    Honestly, I disagree pretty heartily. Boris Said is VERY talented, but not so much for oval racing. Put him in a grand-am car on a road course and he'll run circles around most of NASCAR's drivers, but he can't handle the oval like they can.

I think the reason it's so hard to win is partly due to talent and partly due to the incredibly restrictive rules. The teams with the most money (Hendrick) can push the car to the absolute limit and run at the front of the pack most races, but since the rules are so tight, it's hard to be REALLY dominant in the series. The lower-tier drivers have a hard time winning because there are just so many mid-tier and upper-tier drivers and teams out there. Tons of different drivers win in a year, especially compared to other series like Grand-Am or F1, so it kinda shows how close the cars really are. Talent definitely plays a role in winning, undeniably, but I think it's the tightness of the pack that makes it so hard to win moreso than talent alone.

Reading back over what I just wrote, I think I contradicted myself and made no sense. Oh well, I know what I mean :p
  • dude24dude24 Banned
    edited July 2009
    you just said what i just said
    edited July 2009
    dude24;2685759 said:
    you just said what i just said
    Haha yeah I think I did. Let me clarify one bit:

While I believe that there are many talented drivers in NASCAR, I also believe there are a lot of so-so and very crappy drivers in NASCAR. Boris Said isn't all that great on an oval, nor is Robby Gordon. In other series, they could do much better overall, but not in NASCAR.
  • charliel48charliel48 Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    so they have lots of talent but they dont
    edited July 2009
    I really wish nascar would just make the cars and give them to the drivers for practice and the races then take them back. Every car is the same. No more of this whoever has the most money wins most of the races crap.

It would be awesome to see the drivers race based on skill not their cars.