History of Rock Trivia Thread Dealie - 60's Rock

schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
Here you have it folks! Behold. They're kind of easy.

Folk artist Richie Havens kicked off 1969's legendary Woodstock festival with what tune?

Arlo Guthrie's 1969 album "Running Down the Road" featured guitar work by what guitarist famous for his work with the Byrds and Nashville West?

What 1964 song by english band the Animals is widley considered to be the first ever folk rock song?

After lack of comercial success, the Zombies broke up before the release of their album "Oddesy and Oracle", causing keyboardist Rod Argent to form what band?

The Beatles' John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote the 1966 song "Woman" for what group to see if their songs could be succesful without the writing credit of Lennon-McCartney?

Graham Nash, of Crosby, Stills & Nash fame, departed from popular english rock band the Hollies in 1968 due to plans to record an album full of covers of what artist?

The Kinks song "You Really Got Me" was featured on the Kink's album "Kinks", that was retitled what for release in the US?

P.J. Proby's 1969 album "Three Week Here" featured a backing band comprised of what would become what superstar hard rock band?

The Grateful Dead did not appear in Michael Wadleigh's Woodstock documentary due to what problem at the festival?

What 1970 album did legendary 60s artists Flo & Eddie appear on after leaving the Turtles?

Comments

• DemeniseDemenise Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    I should know the Zombies, Beatles, and Kinks's answers... gah, I feel stupid. >.>

For the Animals, probably "House of the Rising Sun".
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited February 2009
    That's how I feel, haha. Im not getting any of this trivia, but that's a good thing. Makes for some good competition.

9. Rain on the second day?
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited February 2009
    Arlo Guthrie's 1969 album "Running Down the Road" featured guitar work by what guitarist famous for his work with the Byrds and Nashville West? Roger McGuinn.

What 1964 song by english band the Animals is widley considered to be the first ever folk rock song?: I'm going to guess We Have Got To Get Out Of This Place.

After lack of comercial success, the Zombies broke up before the release of their album "Oddesy and Oracle", causing keyboardist Rod Argent to form what band?: Argent.

Graham Nash, of Crosby, Stills & Nash fame, departed from popular english rock band the Hollies in 1968 due to plans to record an album full of covers of what artist? Bob Dylan?

The Grateful Dead did not appear in Michael Wadleigh's Woodstock documentary due to what problem at the festival?: Technical difficulties with the sound system?
  • ClassicRockFanatic23ClassicRockFanatic23 Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    1: It was a Beatles Cover I Think.... Strawberry Fields Forever?

9: Electrical Problems. I remember reading that Jerry Garcia had trouble playing. Every time he touched his guitar he would get a shock.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited February 2009
    4- House of the Rising Sun maybe
    10- Electrical Problems
  • CycoMiko138CycoMiko138 Rising Star
    edited February 2009
    1. Damn, I know this one...must...resist....urge...to wiki...
    2. Gram Parsons?
    3. House of the Rising Sun
    4. Argent
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. Led Zeppelin
    9. The bad brown acid...or the rain and electrical problems
    10. ?
  • 2stroke2stroke Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    1.Motherless Child(I think that's the name of the song)
    10.They started singing for Frank Zappa. It was either Chunga's Revenge or Live at The Fillmore East. Can't remember which one came first.
    edited February 2009
    2stroke;1998806 said:

10.They started singing for Frank Zappa. It was either Chunga's Revenge or Live at The Fillmore East. Can't remember which one came first.
    Oh god, I feel so stupid... It's Live At Filmore East! They helped perform "Happy Together", which played the part of the hit single on the charts WITH A BULLET! The album was also during that time period...
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited February 2009
    After lack of comercial success, the Zombies broke up before the release of their album "Oddesy and Oracle", causing keyboardist Rod Argent to form what band? Argent?

P.J. Proby's 1969 album "Three Week Here" featured a backing band comprised of what would become what superstar hard rock band?
    kind of a guess, but Led Zeppelin?

for the first time I think I kind of maybe know one :)
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited February 2009
    schmeankman;1997485 said:

Folk artist Richie Havens kicked off 1969's legendary Woodstock festival with what tune?

No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Needed

The Beatles' John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote the 1966 song "Woman" for what group to see if their songs could be succesful without the writing credit of Lennon-McCartney?

The Kinks

Haha, my knowledge of the 60s are skimpy, making me guess these two answers. :D
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited February 2009

Arlo Guthrie's 1969 album "Running Down the Road" featured guitar work by what guitarist famous for his work with the Byrds and Nashville West?

What 1964 song by english band the Animals is widley considered to be the first ever folk rock song?

After lack of comercial success, the Zombies broke up before the release of their album "Oddesy and Oracle", causing keyboardist Rod Argent to form what band?

Graham Nash, of Crosby, Stills & Nash fame, departed from popular english rock band the Hollies in 1968 due to plans to record an album full of covers of what artist?

The Kinks song "You Really Got Me" was featured on the Kink's album "Kinks", that was retitled what for release in the US?

The Grateful Dead did not appear in Michael Wadleigh's Woodstock documentary due to what problem at the festival?

What 1970 album did legendary 60s artists Flo & Eddie appear on after leaving the Turtles?
    1. High Flyin' Bird
    2. Gram Parsons (I think..)
    3. House of the Rising Sun
    4. Argent
    5. Peter and Gordon
    7. You Really Got Me
    9. Technical difficulties with the Dead's performing equipment
  • BigD316BigD316 Unsigned
    edited February 2009
    Folk artist Richie Havens kicked off 1969's legendary Woodstock festival with what tune? - Handsome Johnny
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I'll be closing it within the next hour, so if you haven't already, get your guesses in.
    edited March 2009
    CLOZ'D

Am I spozed to post the answers?
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    schmeankman;2033520 said:
    CLOZ'D

Am I spozed to post the answers?
    yeah post and see who got them right, just multiquote the answers and highlight the correct ones
    edited March 2009

Handsome Johnny

Clarence White

House of the Rising Sun

Argent

Peter & Gordon

Bob Dylan

You Really Got Me

Led Zeppelin

The wiring was faulty, due to those darn hippie roadies, and they got shocked everytime they touched their respective stringed instruments

Chunga's Revenge

• JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Ha, my guesses were off by quite a bit. :D
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    Demenise;1997710 said:

Hungryfreak;1997867 said:

Runesmith;1997907 said:
    ClassicRockFanatic23;1998064 said:
    packerfan8675309;1998140 said:
    CycoMiko138;1998696 said:
    2stroke;1998806 said:
    MronoC;1999087 said:
    JukeBoxHero;1999331 said:
    clashcityrocker10;2000852 said:
    BigD316;2014486 said:
    just for my records, these are the points i counted
    edited March 2009
    Oops, I forgot the last question said 1970. Live at Filmore East was 71, though Flo & Eddie were on it, too.