Rock Blog Wednesday 07/11/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
You all tired yet? What a day (and I don't think this is going to stop honestly!) A couple things before I get to the blogs.

1. Watch the EA press conference if you get a chance. I have a feeling it will be pretty amazing. Apparently there is this game "Rock Band" they may talk about.
2. Clear your cache and check out rockband.com later tonight for some special sauce.
3. Check out the full trailer for Rock Band!

Blogs! First up we have my blog which is short but has the first ever rockband.com exclusive screenshot. It is also my favorite of the screenshots we have released so far. Yay! We also have Moss with another scintillating edition of "Things You Should Probably Never Do."

Sean posted exclusive awesomosity

Moss almost burns down his house and maybe his lungs

Comments

• edited July 2007
    hmxsean;11506 said:

1. Watch the EA press conference if you get a chance. I have a feeling it will be pretty amazing. Apparently there is this game "Rock Band" they may talk about.
    2. Clear your cache and check out rockband.com later tonight for some special sauce.
    3. Check out the full trailer for Rock Band!
    Sean,
    Just a couple a questions if you don't mind.

1) On #1 above, is this EA press conference during one of G4's live E3 coverage shows ? I've scheduled them all to record but I don't want to miss this one. You make it sound like it's one not to be missed.
    Is there a schedule you could post with all things Rock Band related during E3, like a press release for the media? It would help us out tremendously.

2) On #2 above, More than want we saw already saw on the main page? It feels like "Holiday" ;)

3) Beautiful, just beautiful. *wipes tears from his eyes*
  • edited July 2007
    Eman311;11526 said:
    when is the EA conference?
    and i cant get over how cool that trailer is. never heard that song before but it is tight
    It started at 5:00pm EDT ... 20 minutes ago.
  • edited July 2007
    Huskie;11530 said:

1) On #1 above, is this EA press conference during one of G4's live E3 coverage shows ? I've scheduled them all to record but I don't want to miss this one. You make it sound like it's one not to be missed.
    Is there a schedule you could post with all things Rock Band related during E3, like a press release for the media? It would help us out tremendously.

2) On #2 above, More than want we saw already saw on the main page? It feels like "Holiday" ;)
    1.) I don't actually have the full schedule, but if I get any firm times for things I will let you know. The best bet is to find a gaming news source of your choosing and set it to look for Rock Band. That's what I am doing!

2.) More than that. Should be soonn
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    ahhh damn lol
    i'm sure someone is taping it
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Oh wow, thanks for all the hints, now I'm truly excited, I hope song sweet songs get announced, maybe some huge bands that have never been in a game like this before?! I hope!
    edited July 2007
    311? haha a guy can hope can't he?

anyways for those without G4 there is a live blog on gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6174210.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

i don't see a live video feed anywhere so i guess this is better than nothing
  • JunkiemunkieeJunkiemunkiee Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    YOU WIN!
    please take that out of the game and put something better...if you havent already.
    edited July 2007
    Alex has just taken the stage
    he is showing off the peripherals

He will be the chairman of the Rock Band music advisory board.
    2:46Celebrity alert! Little Steven takes to the stage

There will be a Rock Band advisory committee set up which will include celebrity musicians, who will help decide which songs to include.
    2:46Every single week after the game is released there will be a new batch of songs online. They aim to have thousands of songs online.
    2:45Rock Band is not just a game or a title, it's a platform for delivering and exploring music in a new way, he says.
  • edited July 2007
    You Win stays in! (it was placeholder)

Alex just took the stage at the EA presser.
    edited July 2007
    Eman311;11559 said:
    311? haha a guy can hope can't he?

anyways for those without G4 there is a live blog on gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6174210.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

i don't see a live video feed anywhere so i guess this is better than nothing
    I was having trouble finding a live video too, there is also a blog here: http://live.kotaku.com/gaming/e307/electronic-arts-press-conference-5000838.php
    edited July 2007
    He is going to announce some of the songs. This is just the beginning, he hastens to add, so if you don't see your favourite, don't panic!
    edited July 2007
    The Who - Won't Get Fooled again, Mountain - Mississippi Queen, David Bowie - Suffragette City, Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Ramones - Rockaway Beach, Rush - Tom Sawyer, Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive, Nirvana - In Bloom, Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline, Weezer - Say it Ain't So, Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly, The Hives - Main Offender, Strokes - Reptilia, Queens of the Stone Age - Go with the Flow. AND Metallica Enter Sandman!

And Rock Band will even offer albums, IN THEIR ENTIRETY, onto the platform. The first? The Who - Who's next.!!!
    Also a bunch of Metallica songs. They plan to go "very deep" with select bands. And will have much more to announce soon.

AMAZING! I can't even imagine how you could top news like this!
    edited July 2007
    the BEST announcement of E3
    edited July 2007
    Now I'm excited to see what this "special sauce" is for later tonight, I hope it's on par with what just happened at EA's conference, although that could be hard to stand up to, unless it is some nice gameplay videos from some of the new songs ;)
  • 311BDiddy311BDiddy Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    WOW...that's awesome! How did they get Metalica songs thought they didn't like doing things like this. (Not that I am complaining)

I am with Eman311 ........... COME ON 311!! :cool:
    edited July 2007
    seriously........i thought metallica was pretty much off limits
  • DesensitizedDesensitized Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    ThePaska;11580 said:

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
    Mountain - Mississippi Queen
    David Bowie - Suffragette City
    Black Sabbath - Paranoid
    Ramones - Rockaway Beach
    Rush - Tom Sawyer
    Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive
    Nirvana - In Bloom
    Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline
    Weezer - Say it Ain't So
    Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
    The Hives - Main Offender
    Strokes - Reptilia
    Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow
    Metallica - Enter Sandman

The Who - Who's Next?
    Wow, this already beats both Guitar Hero games and any other type of game of it's ilk. I actually want to play every one of those.
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    I'm super impressed about all of this, BUT HOW MUCH WILL THEY COST?
  • edited July 2007
    Clear your caches and head out to www.rockband.com to see the new minisite complete with FAQ and wallpapers and awesomosity goodness. Enjoy!
  • edited July 2007
    NICE! Arent you going to a party soon Sean? Or are you not at E3 at all?
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;11787 said:
    Clear your caches and head out to www.rockband.com to see the new minisite complete with FAQ and wallpapers and awesomosity goodness. Enjoy!
    Slick looking.

Nice job guys.
  • edited July 2007
    No party for me. I am back in Mass in the 93% humidity. I will read about it though and try to get the best bits in the morning from our colleagues out there.
  • edited July 2007
    Huskie;11801 said:
    Slick looking.

Nice job guys.
    Thanks! See, we are allowed to have nice things.
  • edited July 2007
    By the way the new site is awesome. I think it would be great if you let us know like 2 more songs every week (if possible) on the site so people can know when and where to get the news, but it dosent matter.

Im so numb from all the great news!
    edited July 2007
    Ooh new site looks great, all this new stuff in one day, its hard to take it all in, simply amazing, rock band is seriously setting the bar high for music games.

The rockband drummer Image is now my desktop Background as well :)
    edited July 2007
    new site looks awesome........i like how youve seperated the songlist by decade.
    and the wallpapers are tight
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;11803 said:
    Thanks! See, we are allowed to have nice things.
    Money for nothin', chicks for free?

I sent you a PM about the new changes.
  • edited July 2007
    I hope we get song info (band, album, year) and maybe in co-op you can see the difficulty of each section on a sacle of one to 5. For example.

Reptilia:

Vocals: 4
    Drums: 3
    Guitar: 3
    Bass: 2
    edited July 2007
    dude that is a brilliant idea..........

i hope we can have one person to multiple parts
    drums/sing
    guitar/sing
    those are really the only combos but that would be sweet.
    and maybe a tripod (?) for the mic.
    hmmm this should prob be in the suggest stuff thread
  • edited July 2007
    Question for the mustachio'd one: Am I off-base when I say that the music in the trailer sounds a little weird (compared to the original song)? At first I thought it was a cover of Bowie, but then I noticed that Suffragette City was a mastertrack.. just odd vocal levels?