What band you wish would cover what song?

Zerms4Zerms4 Unsigned
edited April 2009 in History of Rock
So, basically the point of this thread is posting a band that you wish would cover another band's song... Meaning, they are covering songs that HAVE NOT BEEN COVER BEFORE by that artist...

What I wish...

Is for Neutral Milk Hotel, sometime soon, when I am still alive to cover The Beatles' "Golden Slumbers", "Carry That Weight" and "The End".

I was thinking Jeff Magnum(The brains behind NMH) could turn in into something like Two-Headed Boy Part 2, something like pouring his heart and soul when he is singing...

Or...

Seeing if Modest Mouse should cover ANYTHING by Neil Young... That would be amazing... Just imagine... Modest Mouse covering "After The Gold Rush" or "Southern Man"...

I would pay anything just to hear what there cover sounds like if they ever did...:o

There are tons of ideas I have for different artist cover different songs... I just wish they would they were real...

Comments

• WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Om needs to cover "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun".
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2009
    I always had thoughts of AC/DC covering Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meat Loaf.
  • Def_JulzDef_Julz Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    Dream Theater playing Metalingus by Alter Bridge
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I like your ideas, OP. Can't say I would've have expected either of your suggestions. I'm not really sure how well-suited Modest Mouse is for covering Neil Young, though, but I'd probably enjoy it regardless.

As for myself, I would really like to see The Smiths cover David Bowie's Starman, The Cure cover Bowie's Width of a Circle, and Ozzy-fronted Black Sabbath cover Elvis Presley's version of That's All Right, Mama. The last one would sound pretty awesome, especially if BS did it during their bluesier early days.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Van Halen cover Life in The Fast Lane by Eagles, AC/DC cover We Will Rock You by Queen, Muse cover Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who, Dream Theater cover Foreplay/Long Time by Boston, Metallica cover Still Alive by GLaDOS and Johnathan Coulton, Queens of The Stone Age cover Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin, and finally, Rage Agaist The Machine cover Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.(As a joke)
  • B. ViciousB. Vicious Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    for some reason as soon as i read this i instantly thought that Children of Bodom should do a cover of My Sharona, don't know why, i think it'd be awesome/hilarious though.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to see Cat Power and Bob Dylan work together, since she's already covered his tracks before.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I would like to see My Chemical Romance cover Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin. No joke. I think their singer has the chops to pull it off in the original tuning.
    edited March 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2038020 said:
    I would like to see My Chemical Romance cover Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin. No joke. I think their singer has the chops to pull it off in the original tuning.
    They covered Desolation Row for the Watchmen soundtrack, I cried.
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2038025 said:
    They covered Desolation Row for the Watchmen soundtrack, I cried.
    They were forced to shorten it and make it crappy, though. If they stuck the original instrumentation and tuning it would sound great.
    edited March 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2038033 said:
    They were forced to shorten it and make it crappy, though. If they stuck the original instrumentation and tuning it would sound great.
    Well duh. But they suck, and should not be covering Dylan anyway.
    edited March 2009
    I was talking about Dazed and Confused, I should've been more detailed. But you're right.
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Honestly, there's too many for me to choose from. I absolutely love covers XD

I wish every artist that has any kind of success would do a cover album. ...Well, any artist with a distinctive sound, at least. Lord knows Nickelback's cover album would be lulzy.

Specifically though, I'd like to hear some more covers by System of a Down. I think they did an awesome job with Snowblind.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited March 2009
    Rockbandfan23467;2037829 said:
    Metallica cover Still Alive by GLaDOS and Johnathan Coulton
    That's just a slaughterhouse waiting to happen :D

I also did want to see Kamelot cover a Megadeth song like Peace Sells, or Aces High by Iron Maiden.
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to see Cat Power cover Wolfie by Scout Niblett.
  • Zerms4Zerms4 Unsigned
    edited March 2009
    Ok, heres a weird one... Having the Beatles cover the song "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire... I just loved the original by Arcade Fire... But I just wonder what the Beatle's cover of it would sound like... But, it will never happen... =(

Also, Slayer covering Blinded By Fear by At The Gates... That would so METAL my head would explode!
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I've always thought it would be amazingly awesome if someone got together a bunch of big-name metal bands to cover well known pop songs. Just try to imagine Judas Priest doing "We Got the Beat". Just try.
    edited March 2009
    Judas Priest cover "Hellfire" from the Disney movie "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"
  • SteelersFreak1SteelersFreak1 Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    I want to hear Kings of Leon play some southern rock classics like Sweet Home Alabama or Ramblin' Man.
    edited March 2009
    I'd like a bunch of Death Growlers to cover N*SYNC's Bye Bye Bye.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I think that SOAD could do a good cover of Jesus Christ Pose. And just for the record, I think Dave Grohl did a great cover of Who Are You.
  • MdrnDayWarriorMdrnDayWarrior Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    Muse covering some songs from David Bowie's Low and "Heroes"
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    supernova1324;2039763 said:
    I think that SOAD could do a good cover of Jesus Christ Pose. .
    this is such a good idea.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Helloween to cover Hocus Pocus' Focus. Oh wait...
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    The Jonas Brothers to cover Nirvana's "Radio Friendly Unit Shifter". The irony would be so thick you could cut it with a knife.
  • franticfishfranticfish Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I love to see Electric Wizard cover Black Sabbath's eponymous song.
    edited March 2009
    franticfish;2042345 said:
    I love to see Electric Wizard cover Black Sabbath's eponymous song.
    I'd like to hear that, actually. Might be good, although Behind the Wall of Sleep might suit them better.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    supernova1324;2039763 said:
    I think that SOAD could do a good cover of Jesus Christ Pose.
    No. You don't cover Soundgarden; no one else can pull it off. Why? BECAUSE I BLOODY SAID SO. [/fanboy]
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    ArmsAreLoud;2048116 said:
    No. You don't cover Soundgarden; no one else can pull it off. Why? BECAUSE I BLOODY SAID SO. [/fanboy]
    Gotta' admit it IS a really good idea though.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Kiss covering Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz with Gene on vocals.

Best cover ever.