Best Hair: Poison VS. Def Leppard? And Upcoming Tour!

ummduderummduder Unsigned
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
Wow. That sounds so cheesy, but I recently saw a quote from DL guitarist Phil Collen about how it's going to be a "tight contest" between Rickk Savage's hair and C.C. Deville's hair while they're on tour.

http://spin.com/articles/def-leppard-cheap-trick-tour-bigger-faster-louder

Comments

• My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    At first I was thinking this meant "Best hair band" not, you know, actual hair.

Best hair band: Def Leppard by a long shot. **** Poison.

Best hair: Who cares? (lololol rhyme)
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2048258 said:
    At first I was thinking this meant "Best hair band" not, you know, actual hair.
    That's what I thought too at first.
  • warthogdbwarthogdb Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    I think that it actually shows that he understands his place in history and is cool with it. There are many more self important and far less successful artists who could learn a lesson from this.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    warthogdb;2048563 said:
    I think that it actually shows that he understands his place in history and is cool with it. There are many more self important and far less successful artists who could learn a lesson from this.
    He could give lessons to his lead singer on that then. Joe Elliot has consistently tried to distance himself and the Leps from their 80's metal roots for years and claims they were never really part of that scene and were above it all. Joe seems to be forget that before Def Leppard completely pussed out they were part of the begining of the NWOBHM. He's such an ass. He's almost as bad as Nikki Sixx for trying to re-invent the bands history.
  • warthogdbwarthogdb Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    AxlVanHagar;2049005 said:
    He could give lessons to his lead singer on that then. Joe Elliot has consistently tried to distance himself and the Leps from their 80's metal roots for years and claims they were never really part of that scene and were above it all. Joe seems to be forget that before Def Leppard completely pussed out they were part of the begining of the NWOBHM. He's such an ass. He's almost as bad as Nikki Sixx for trying to re-invent the bands history.
    You are right. There were tons of folks from that decade who want to redefine themselves. I think the ones that accept the fact that they were living their dreams as rock stars and don't feel the need to be Bono have the healthiest attitude. I'm of the school of thought that making music that you love is enough.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Screw cc, Ricki Rocket had the best hair in the 80's.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I'm not a huge fan of either of these bands, but Poison in particular has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
    At least Def Leppard is fun, with sing-along choruses.
    Poison is just utter ****.
  • xX_Sandman_XxxX_Sandman_Xx Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Poison only has a few good songs. Def Leppard is definitely better.
  • Teh_JakesterTeh_Jakester Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    C.C.'s hair is better, and he's a better guitarist than Phil Collen.
    Sebastian Bach has the best hair, though.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I happen to love all three of the bands that are going to be there (Cheap Trick less than Def Leppard and Poison, but still love 'em), so I'm definitely planning to go when they hit Houston.

...In fact, I'm going with the biggest Def Leppard fan in my family: my mom. I love my mom. :D