GNR to do Stadium Tour in Summer

xX_Sandman_XxxX_Sandman_Xx Road Warrior
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
There is a possibility GNR is doing a stadium tour this summer. Irving Azoff (Band Manager) says GNR has big plans this year.

Link:
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/04/guns-n-roses-planning-summer-stadium-tour/

I hope they tour this summer. Hopefully they perform near NJ. I can't wait to see them!!!

Comments

  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    If I were you I wouldn't keep my hopes up. You could get tickets, but then poor Axl might get a sore throat!
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    hopefully they tour with metallica ;p
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Sweet.
    I wonder who the line-up will be.
    Also I hope they focus on material from CD rather than playing the 'greatest hits' setlists like the past few tours.
  • xX_Sandman_XxxX_Sandman_Xx Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    thedoorsdk;2050600 said:
    Sweet.
    I wonder who the line-up will be.
    Also I hope they focus on material from CD rather than playing the 'greatest hits' setlists like the past few tours.
    The line-up will probably be Finck, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Pitman, Reed, Stinson, Brain, and Axl of course. Also Frank Ferrer may do some shows instead of Brain.

    They probably will focus on CD more b/c I know thats what Axl and the rest of the guys want to do. They will probably open shows with Chinese Democracy instead of WTTJ.
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    supernova1324;2049397 said:
    If I were you I wouldn't keep my hopes up. You could get tickets, but then poor Axl might get a sore throat!
    lolol.

    I heard it on the radio this morning, exciting stuff for Guns fans. But I'm pretty sure the radioz mentioned that Guns couldn't sell out an arena tour a couple years ago, and now they're trying for stadiums.

    Who knows? Maybe the whole thing won't flop.
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited March 2009
    xX_Sandman_Xx;2051287 said:
    The line-up will probably be Finck, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Pitman, Reed, Stinson, Brain, and Axl of course. Also Frank Ferrer may do some shows instead of Brain.
    Isn't Finck with Nine Inch Nails again? Not sure, just checking
  • xX_Sandman_XxxX_Sandman_Xx Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    MrFruitLord;2051399 said:
    Isn't Finck with Nine Inch Nails again? Not sure, just checking
    Finck is only with NIN until June 13.
    http://robinfinck.com/
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I'll believe it when I see it. With Paxil you never know what's going to happen since he doesn't make a move without asking Yoda first. :rolleyes:

    That being said if they do come around on tour I'll go since the nu-gnr does play the hell out of the old material. They were phenomanal the last couple times I saw them. I was very surprised at just how good the current lineup was live and for that matter Axl himself.
  • xX_Sandman_XxxX_Sandman_Xx Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I think the new line up makes the songs sound heavier and I like that.
  • MrFruitLordMrFruitLord Headliner
    edited March 2009
    xX_Sandman_Xx;2051711 said:
    Finck is only with NIN until June 13.
    http://robinfinck.com/
    Oh, ok.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, if Finck is on board I'll definitely be going.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    thedoorsdk;2052490 said:
    Yeah, if Finck is on board I'll definitely be going.

    Yep I agree that Finck is a plus. Weird that so many of the fans seem to hate the guy calling him the weak link of the lineup. I don't get that. He was great the few times I saw him with them. I dug that he didn't play Slash's solo note for not and added his own spin to them.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Well it looks like Finck might be out. Rumor has it that Ryan Roxie auditioned for Robin Fincks vacant spot. Word is that he got a call back for a 2nd day of jamming with the band. Stay tuned. The plot thickens. Ryan is a monster guitar player and a super nice guy. if this turns out to be true I really hope he gets the spot. He's a fantastic showman along with his playing skills.

    It's also being heavily rumored that this will be a co-headlining tour with Van Halen to help with ticket sales.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    My name is Fez;2051366 said:
    I heard it on the radio this morning, exciting stuff for Guns fans. But I'm pretty sure the radioz mentioned that Guns couldn't sell out an arena tour a couple years ago, and now they're trying for stadiums.
    This, I forsee a Spinal Tap situation with increasingly smaller venues and a jazz odyssey...
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I would go see it just for Van Halen. I couldn't care less about Axl and Friends.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Julio_Strikes_Back;2060168 said:
    I would go see it just for Van Halen. I couldn't care less about Axl and Friends.
    Yup, while I wouldnt mind seeing GnR I'd be there primarily for Diamond Dave and VH.
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I might go now that I can drive, it'd be interesting.

    I might wear a top hat and sun glasses, but still.

    Also, I think Sandman's right, opening with Chinese Democracy (song) would be better than Welcome to the Jungle.
  • thedoorsdkthedoorsdk Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Ugh, if Van Halen is involved you can count me out.
    There are few things in this world I despise more than Van Halen.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    And it appears to official Robin Finck is out and DJ Ashba is in. I like this, DJ is a talented guitarist, drummer and songwriter. The stuff he did on The Heroin Diaries is really good. Happy as I am with the choice countdown till Paxil ****s it all up in 10....9....8......


    http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090321&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
    Guns N' Roses is proud to announce that guitarist n' songwriter Dj Ashba has joined the band. Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures.

    "Dj's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns' radar has silently been aware of Dj's presence for quite some time. He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of Guns N' Roses live. Once Dj's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

    "It's an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected," said Dj Ashba. "I'm looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great front men of our generation, but a true artist."

    Dj Ashba co-wrote and co-produced Motley Crue's latest album Saints of Los Angeles, which garnered a 2008 GRAMMY nomination for Best Hard Rock Performance, as well as co-wrote and co-produced the Sixx AM album Heroin Diaries.
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    AxlVanHagar;2133981 said:
    And it appears to official Robin Finck is out and DJ Ashba is in. I like this, DJ is a talented guitarist, drummer and songwriter. The stuff he did on The Heroin Diaries is really good. Happy as I am with the choice countdown till Paxil ****s it all up in 10....9....8......
    Guns N' Roses has had more members the Catholic Church.
  • tatonka05tatonka05 Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    AxlVanHagar;2133981 said:
    And it appears to official Robin Finck is out and DJ Ashba is in.
    I gotta say, DJ could have done far better. GNR sucks these days. Granted, DJ will do nothing but make the band better, but still, GNR isn't really GNR anymore in my opinion. The band should be called "Axl's Bull****"
  • Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Those would be great concerts to see.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    tatonka05;2136035 said:
    I gotta say, DJ could have done far better. GNR sucks these days. Granted, DJ will do nothing but make the band better
    Agreed. We'll see how long it lasts. DJ isn't the type of guy to sit around waiting for somethig to happen so I think it'll only be a matter of time before he heads back to Nikki for some songwriting or to one of his many other projects.
  • tatonka05tatonka05 Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    AxlVanHagar;2136098 said:
    Agreed. We'll see how long it lasts. DJ isn't the type of guy to sit around waiting for somethig to happen so I think it'll only be a matter of time before he heads back to Nikki for some songwriting or to one of his many other projects.
    I'm not sure he'll really even fit in the band. His skills will certainly make the band sound better, but he just doesn't LOOK like he belongs in GNR. I hope this doesn't delay the next Sixx:AM album/tour.
  • xX_Sandman_XxxX_Sandman_Xx Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I am glad to see DJ in GNR. I think he will do very well. I can't wait to see them perform live this summer!
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    it's also said that GNR will tour with 2 drummers. Brain responded to a question on twitter i think where he said he'll be playing the new songs and frank will play the old songs. Seriously? So nu-GNR has 3 guitarists, 2 keyboardists and 2 drummers? That's ridiculous.
  • xX_Sandman_XxxX_Sandman_Xx Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    sidman69;2146115 said:
    it's also said that GNR will tour with 2 drummers. Brain responded to a question on twitter i think where he said he'll be playing the new songs and frank will play the old songs. Seriously? So nu-GNR has 3 guitarists, 2 keyboardists and 2 drummers? That's ridiculous.
    Yeah that's a lot of members, but they sound great if you ever get to see them.
Sign In or Register to comment.