Guilty Pleasures

DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
What are some songs you love, but are afraid to admit it? Doesn't have to be rock. Actually, it probably won't be rock for most of you.

Note: Completely ignore this video. The video doesn't seem to be anywhere anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Um8Rsdheg

My dad loves this song too. I have no idea what it is, but it's just so good, and so happy. Don't see what there isn't to like about it.

Comments

• LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I love High School Musical. I'm not feeling all that guilty about it though.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I don't feel guilty about anything I listen to. If I like it, I like it.

Although, if we're just talking about stuff that is generally hated but I like, I enjoy Nsync's music. I saw them live back when I was like 5 years old. It was a pretty insane concert.
    edited March 2009
    Spice Girls remain one of the greatest musical experiences ever. As do the Vengaboys.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2066036 said:
    Spice Girls remain one of the greatest musical experiences ever. As do the Vengaboys.
    Haven't explored either. I do like "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls, though.
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited March 2009
    The closest thing to a guilty pleasure for me is probably Journey. I don't feel guilty about my music. You shouldn't have to.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2066036 said:
    I have the same b-day as the Spice Girl who is married to Beckham. And isn;t there already a guilty pleasures thread?
  • eringoesmooeringoesmoo Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2066036 said:
    Vengaboys = Yummy < 3
    edited March 2009
    WhiffleBallTony;2066046 said:
    Haven't explored either. I do like "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls, though.
    Wannabe was awesome. The Vengaboys only really have about three songs, the rest just sound like variations on a theme.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    i have no guilty pleasures, but i'm totally down with talking more about the spice girls in here.

i've only heard a few songs, but geri's solo stuff didn't sound too bad either.
    edited March 2009
    Not a fan of Geri, but the Spice Girls were super-duper. I've only recently discovered that they were a trans-Atlantic success.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Spice Girls rule!
  • ShiningIdealShiningIdeal Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    I don't really have a lot of guilt for most of my musical choices - I do have plenty of things that get me strange looks from others. My parents brought me to Jimmy Buffet concerts a lot as a kid and that always stuck as generally pleasant cheery background stuff.

A band I was listening to for a while I can't click on the name of right now.. Crystal Castles maybe? I don't know - according to lastFM most of what I listen to means I should be a teenage girl in England so maybe I'm just doing it wrong in general.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2009
    Daylight by Matt & Kim, but I'm not ashamed by it by any stretch of the imagination

I would be really ashamed if I liked Kings of Leon though
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2009
    By traditional music elitist standards, I should feel guilty for enjoying Heaven 17, Scritti Politti, MCR, FOB, The Go-Gos, Bananarama, hair metal, Meat Loaf, most 80s pop tunes, and the song Sunglasses at Night, but I don't feel guilty in the least.
    edited March 2009
    Sunglasses at Night is a deep song.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    afterstasis;2066237 said:
    i have no guilty pleasures, but i'm totally down with talking more about the spice girls in here.

i've only heard a few songs, but geri's solo stuff didn't sound too bad either.
    Her version of It's Raining Men made me vomit.
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2066693 said:
    Sunglasses at Night is a deep song.
    Corey Hart was never one to shy away from asking the big questions. Who else would dare switch a blade on a guy in shades?
    edited March 2009
    Runesmith;2066701 said:
    Corey Hart was never one to shy away from asking the big questions. Who else would dare switch a blade on a guy in shades?
    Apparantly the song was originally concerned with a totalitarian state, actually. The record company wanted it to be lighter though.
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2066719 said:
    Apparantly the song was originally concerned with a totalitarian state, actually. The record company wanted it to be lighter though.
    That's one of the reasons why I think it's a great song. I love dystopian fiction.
    edited March 2009
    Runesmith;2066732 said:
    That's one of the reasons why I think it's a great song. I love dystopian fiction.
    The actual song was less clear about it, sadly. The video has hints of it though.
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2066735 said:
    The actual song was less clear about it, sadly. The video has hints of it though.
    Yeah. I had no idea what it was about until I saw commentary about it on VH1 a few months ago.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I'm not really guilty about em, but I like 80s pop, MC Hammer, and Weird Al. I wouldn't know if you call most of those guilty pleasures anyways.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I'm not guilty about it any way, but I usually get some weird looks when I declare the superiority of Brad Paisley's technical mastery of the guitar over Kirk Hammet's (or even Keith Richards, for that matter).
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    I have no guilty pleasure I like stuff like superbus, no doubt and JPop etc. and I really dont care what others think.
  • CHK10063764CHK10063764 Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    I'm generally not guilty about liking any type of music, but the closest thing for me probably is No Doubt. XD
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    Being ashamed of music you like is just plain shallow.
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    HeyRiles;2066602 said:
    Daylight by Matt & Kim, but I'm not ashamed by it by any stretch of the imagination

I would be really ashamed if I liked Kings of Leon though
    Matt & Kim can really get to you after a while, with all that damn smiling.