Riverboat Gamblers

punkfanpunkfan Rising Star
edited October 2010 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Riverboat Gamblers are a punk rock band from Denton, Texas. They just put out their 4th album today and it's insanely awesome. They were actually ranked the 15th best live ever. You also may recognize some of their songs from video games such as Madden 07, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, and Skate 2. They have also toured with bands such as X, The Henry Rollins Band, Against Me!, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and have the opening slot on the Rancid and Rise Against tour for June.

On Again/Off Again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-tc11hKp4

Ice Water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1QGrqYOwT4

What's What http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQub9cV4STM

Victory Lap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK2pk-a-uCM

Hey, Hey, Hey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1mHG2s6oY

Comments

• punkfanpunkfan Rising Star
    edited April 2009
    Alright! Maybe this'll end up like WWB.
  • edited May 2009
    I just watched a vid of Victory Lap live and it was godly amazing. I really want that song
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2395470 said:
    I just watched a vid of Victory Lap live and it was godly amazing. I really want that song
    I know, such a great song. Maybe, since they aren't too big of a band, we could get them as part of RB3's 20 free DLC. I would love you forever HMX!
    edited May 2009
    I hate to double post, but I just realize that both Madden and Skate 2 were made by EA. Both had Gamblers songs, maybe this improves our chances.
  • edited May 2009
    punkfan;2395583 said:
    I hate to double post, but I just realize that both Madden and Skate 2 were made by EA. Both had Gamblers songs, maybe this improves our chances.
    That does improve are chances some. We have seen a lot of songs from both Madden 09 and NHL 09 in Rock Band
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2395640 said:
    That does improve are chances some. We have seen a lot of songs from both Madden 09 and NHL 09 in Rock Band
    I hope that's the case. It would be one of the greatest days ever.
  • thedanielthedaniel Road Warrior
    edited May 2009
    punkfan;2395550 said:
    I know, such a great song. Maybe, since they aren't too big of a band, we could get them as part of RB3's 20 free DLC. I would love you forever HMX!
    That seems like a plausible option, but I would still prefer a pack or something.:rolleyes:
    edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2397984 said:
    That seems like a plausible option, but I would still prefer a pack or something.:rolleyes:
    A pack would be great. My three pack would be Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead, The Biz Loves Sluts, and Victory Lap. What would be yours?
  • edited May 2009
    punkfan;2397995 said:
    A pack would be great. My three pack would be Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead, The Biz Loves Sluts, and Victory Lap. What would be yours?
    Mine would be:

True Crime
    Victory Lap
    Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead
    edited May 2009
    punkfan;2397995 said:
    Probably Kick In the Stereo, Rattle Me Bones, The Art Of Getting ****ed. My ideal pack changes all the time.

Edit: Just realized I'm the only non-London Calling poster in this thread.
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2398008 said:
    Probably Kick In the Stereo, Rattle Me Bones, The Art Of Getting ****ed. My ideal pack changes all the time.

Edit: Just realized I'm the only non-London Calling poster in this thread.
    Haha. Well you're living in the London Calling spirit by not conforming :p
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2398019 said:
    Haha. Well you're living in the London Calling spirit by not conforming :p
    That makes me feel good, but I still feel ganged up on in some odd way.
  • beefigurskbeefigursk Rising Star
    edited May 2009
    Damn! They are good! I knew they were going out on tour w/ Rise Against and I plan on being at that show in Detroit but I didn't get around to checking them out yet. Thank you! Now I have and they are pretty damn good, better check out the new CD.
    edited May 2009
    beefigursk;2398062 said:
    Damn! They are good! I knew they were going out on tour w/ Rise Against and I plan on being at that show in Detroit but I didn't get around to checking them out yet. Thank you! Now I have and they are pretty damn good, better check out the new CD.
    Just wait until you actually see them live, you will be blown away.
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2398031 said:
    That makes me feel good, but I still feel ganged up on in some odd way.
    Haha. Is your DLC up for the day? I didn't see it on the main page

And to the guy above me, I'm mad b/c Billy Talent opens for Rancid and Rise Against when they come to Dallas instead of the Riverboat Gamblers :( Atleast I'll get to see Rancid.
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2398100 said:
    Haha. Is your DLC up for the day? I didn't see it on the main page

And to the guy above me, I'm mad b/c Billy Talent opens for Rancid and Rise Against when they come to Dallas instead of the Riverboat Gamblers :( Atleast I'll get to see Rancid.
    It should be toesrds the middle of the first page.
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2398132 said:
    It should be toesrds the middle of the first page.
    Ok I'll go check it out
  • cniffdcniffd Opening Act
    edited May 2009
    Victory Lap
    Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead
    Hey Hey Hey
    Would be my 3 pack
    edited May 2009
  • edited May 2009
    I voted yes in the poll
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2403524 said:
    I voted yes in the poll
    Same here.

We can't let this die. We need RBG.
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2403530 said:
    Same here.

We can't let this die. We need RBG.
    Yes we do. It would be a great way to promote them
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2403539 said:
    Yes we do. It would be a great way to promote them
    Yeah, and it seems that they are open to giving their songs to video games. In fact, their video game songs would probably sell fairly well, and they wouldn't cost too much to get. I think it would be an easy profit for HMX.
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2403552 said:
    Yeah, and it seems that they are open to giving their songs to video games. In fact, their video game songs would probably sell fairly well, and they wouldn't cost too much to get. I think it would be an easy profit for HMX.
    I'm sure they would also only be 1 dollar (80 microsoft points) b/c they aren't a well known band. And their songs would be really fun too.
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2403848 said:
    I'm sure they would also only be 1 dollar (80 microsoft points) b/c they aren't a well known band. And their songs would be really fun too.
    One dollar songs do generally sell well because of their low price, so I think HMX should at least look into this, it could potentially be a good deal for them.
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2403866 said:
    One dollar songs do generally sell well because of their low price, so I think HMX should at least look into this, it could potentially be a good deal for them.
    It would. I don't think they would gain much money (but I'm not really sure they are motivated to be millionares) but rather it would gain them more popularity. They seem like a band that could get really big.
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2403893 said:
    It would. I don't think they would gain much money (but I'm not really sure they are motivated to be millionares) but rather it would gain them more popularity. They seem like a band that could get really big.
    Music critics have been labeling them as "The next big thing" and such since their somewhat legendary SXSW showcase in '02. Their set was so good that they got offers from every major label, but they turned them all down. All their albums have gotten great reviews, but somehow they've stayed under the radar. I think they might breakout soon though.
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2403916 said:
    Music critics have been labeling them as "The next big thing" and such since their somewhat legendary SXSW showcase in '02. Their set was so good that they got offers from every major label, but they turned them all down. All their albums have gotten great reviews, but somehow they've stayed under the radar. I think they might breakout soon though.
    I hope they stay on independent labels. And when a band plays their shows this good live, it makes one wonder how they have managed to stay under the radar so long.
    edited May 2009
    TheClashTheClashTheClash;2403954 said:
    I hope they stay on independent labels. And when a band plays their shows this good live, it makes one wonder how they have managed to stay under the radar so long.
    I've got a feeling that this Rancid/Rise Against tour will be a big breakthrough for them.

I'll miss being able to talk to them after shows though.:(
  • edited May 2009
    thedaniel;2404016 said:
    I've got a feeling that this Rancid/Rise Against tour will be a big breakthrough for them.

I'll miss being able to talk to them after shows though.:(
    Sadly Billy Talent is opening for them here in Dallas. That would've been cool for them if they would've opened in their own state but sadly they aren't