it's over too soon sometimes.

afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
if you could pick one artist/band to come back to life (literally or not) to record one final album who would it be?

carissa's wierd for me... i appreciate band of horses and S, but it's just not even close to being the same at all.

Comments

• My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Queen, probably.

They were just on their way out of that funk they hit in the 80's when Freddie died. Would've been awesome to have one last great album before Queen + Paul Rodgers.
  • willdabeast21willdabeast21 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Kurt Cobain tops the list, I think him and Dave Grohl together could write an amazing album
    Jimi Hendrix would be my number 2
  • warthogdbwarthogdb Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    I would love to see the Ramones live one more time.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited March 2009
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited March 2009
    Of all the bands Alice in Chains comes to mind first.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I haven't heard the second album, but probably Belly.
  • jgoshjgosh Super Star
    edited March 2009
    1. Nirvana
    2. Hendrix
    3. Queen
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Randy Rhoads. He was really on the cusp of taking his playing and guitar playing in general to another level before he was so tragically taken away. I would have really liked to see where he wound up musically with another album or two under his belt. most felt he only had another rock/metal album left in him before he turned his attention fully on classical.
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I would have liked to see Dylan continue in his pre-motorcycle crash direction, but I think that the crash or something similiar was inevitable due to the pressure he was under at the time, and that another album would not have happened.

As for dead people, I wish Mia Zapata had not died, even if she never made another album, just because of how horrible her death was.
  • Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Jim Morrison and The Doors
    2-pac
    edited March 2009
    Nuff_Said;2105501 said:
    2-pac
    I would like to see an alternate universe where 2-Pac had not helped ruin hip-hop with idiotic macho posturing and violence.
  • Nuff_SaidNuff_Said Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2105564 said:
    I would like to see an alternate universe where 2-Pac had not helped ruin hip-hop with idiotic macho posturing and violence.
    make sure you have total clarity before making such remarks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNcloTmvTeA
    edited March 2009
    Nuff_Said;2105648 said:
    make sure you have total clarity before making such remarks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNcloTmvTeA
    So he has some tracks where he isn't an awful person, wonderful. I still blame him, Biggie and a lot of others for the intensification of violence and gang culture within hip-hop, and the subsequent drift from political hip-hop. The thing is, Biggie and 2 Pac were both wonderfully gifted, which is what annoys me so much about the whole matter, they could deliver a verse like few others, but instead had to bury all that beneath stupidity because someone couldn't take a joke in the first place.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    I want Keef and Ent back, goddammit. :(

Also I want Ronnie Van Zant and company's plane to land safely in Baton Rouge in '77.
  • HungryfreakHungryfreak Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I would say Frank Zappa if it was for the long haul, but for now, he's still lively enough to release ample post-humous material, so for one album it wouldn't be as worth it.

I think it would cool to see Hendrix back if he worked with ELP and formed HELP like originally planned, if for one album, though that would only be if the rest of the band was at top form.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited March 2009
    Lolicat;2105701 said:
    So he has some tracks where he isn't an awful person, wonderful. I still blame him, Biggie and a lot of others for the intensification of violence and gang culture within hip-hop, and the subsequent drift from political hip-hop. The thing is, Biggie and 2 Pac were both wonderfully gifted, which is what annoys me so much about the whole matter, they could deliver a verse like few others, but instead had to bury all that beneath stupidity because someone couldn't take a joke in the first place.
    . seriously. That was the life they were living. Thus, why they talked about it in such a manner. The rappers around in the last 10 years or so rely on fabrication and exaggeration. I blame the no talent hacks that over-glorify something they aren't truly involved in. I blame 50 cent and the likes of those idiots for what rap has become. And let's not confuse hip-hop with rap, they are, after all, quite different.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2106201 said:
    you're an idiot. seriously.
    That's a little uncalled for. While I don't really agree with Loli, his opinion is still a valid one.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited March 2009
    Runesmith;2106218 said:
    That's a little uncalled for. While I don't really agree with Loli, his opinion is still a valid one.
    ya my bad, i realized i quickly over-reacted, i withdrew that initial blast. Trying to keep it civil.
  • KISSfan84KISSfan84 Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    The Doors
    Janice Joplin
    Queen
    Buddy Holly
    Marvin Gaye
    :cool:
  • schmeankmanschmeankman Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Lowell George. That fan brought da funk.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    KISSfan84;2106275 said:

Buddy Holly
    i was just about to berate everyone for forgetting buddy... crisis averted.
  • KingProgdorKingProgdor Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I want the 1970's Chicago lineup to come back and record another album, to be honest.

Gimme my Robert Lamm, Walter Parazaider, James Pankow, Daniel Seraphine, TERRY KATH, Peter Cetera, and Lee Loughnane back dammit. T_T
  • FleshofJesuFleshofJesu Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    weakling and graves at sea
  • warthogdbwarthogdb Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    It would be interesting to see how time would have treated some artists had they not died. Perhaps they wouldn't be quite so legendary.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    FleshofJesu;2107027 said:
    weakling
    i can't believe i didn't think of weakling.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    I want another fIREHOSE record, it seems they just ended it a little too early, imo.
    edited March 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2106201 said:
    . seriously. That was the life they were living. Thus, why they talked about it in such a manner. The rappers around in the last 10 years or so rely on fabrication and exaggeration. I blame the no talent hacks that over-glorify something they aren't truly involved in. I blame 50 cent and the likes of those idiots for what rap has become. And let's not confuse hip-hop with rap, they are, after all, quite different.
    Hmmm, perhaps I was being too sweeping; what I as refering to in particular was the whole East/West rivalry that they were responsible for escalating, and the amount of diss tracks and hate that was subsequently generated.
    That said, even if that was the life they were living, they didn't need to represent it in the manner that they did, but rather could have condemned it like the political and alternative hip-hop artists.
    I do agree that modern R&B artists need to stop co-opting the pain of the ghetto for their own image, though, that's not kosher with me.
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    John Lennon and Hendrix are easy picks, but I really, deep down, want Kurt Cobain to come back and put out Nirvana IV, because if "You Know You're Right" was any indication, he was on the cusp of outdoing Nevermind and In Utero.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2009
    John Bonham.

I would liked to have seen where Led Zeppelin would have traveled musically if John's death didn't break up the band. Plant was on record saying he and John had planed on making the next album more of a rocking blues album and had starting laying out the groundwork when it all came to an end.

Hell, Moon might even be alive if it were not for Bonham's death. They were close friends and Moon just because lethargic. Before Moon died Pete Townshend had to remove the drums from “The Music Must Change” because Moon was not able to play the song and the album had to be finished…

I just think if Bonham had not died his impact on the world of music would have been greater than it already was.