Name the Band Challenge

tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
Below is a list of 12 of my favorite bands with all the SPACES AND VOWELS removed. Some are current, some are classic. Enjoy this one.


LLTHTRMNS

LDZPPLN (Led Zeppelin- ClassicRockFanatic23)

THWH (The Who- ClassicRockFanatic23)

GNSNRSS

GSTBRNSRD

LMBFGD

WHTCHPL

RSMTH (Aerosmith- ClassicRockFanatic23)

TRVM

VNGDSVNFLD

BTWNTHBRDNDM (HARDEST BY FAR)

SLYDYNG

Guess as many as you can. Also, all Y's are NOT counted as vowels, just so you know.

Comments

  • ClassicRockFanatic23ClassicRockFanatic23 Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    2: Led Zeppelin
    3: The Who
    8: Aerosmith
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited March 2009
    ClassicRockFanatic23;2104815 said:
    2: Led Zeppelin
    3: The Who
    8: Aerosmith


    Those are all correct, 3 down 9 to go.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    LLTHTRMNS All That Remains

    LDZPPLN (Led Zeppelin- ClassicRockFanatic23)

    THWH (The Who- ClassicRockFanatic23)

    GNSNRSS Guns N Roses

    GSTBRNSRD

    LMBFGD Lamb of God

    WHTCHPL Whitechapel

    RSMTH (Aerosmith- ClassicRockFanatic23)

    TRVM Trivium

    VNGDSVNFLD A7X -- Avenged Sevenfold

    BTWNTHBRDNDM (HARDEST BY FAR)

    SLYDYNG As I Lay Dying
  • ClassicRockFanatic23ClassicRockFanatic23 Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    oh, 6: Lamb of God
    edit: DAMN YOU!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    also:

    BTWNTHBRDNDM (HARDEST BY FAR) Between the Buried and Me
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    And the last one:

    GSTBRNSRD August Burns Red although I've never heard of them
  • ClassicRockFanatic23ClassicRockFanatic23 Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    Damn, you cleared um out!
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    That's how I roll. ;)
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited March 2009
    Oh ****, i'll make a new one of these tomorrow with random bands that don't even exist lol. (exaggeration)
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    It's a pretty fun idea. I'd humbly suggest, though, that instead of coming up with a big list of bands, just turn it into a "tag, you're it" thread, where you post one band puzzle, and the person who solves it has to post a band next, and so on down the line.

    Could probably get a lot of mileage out of the concept that way. :)
  • ClassicRockFanatic23ClassicRockFanatic23 Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    yeah, so Cherokee, why don't you post 10 or so?
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited March 2009
    cherokeesam;2105260 said:
    It's a pretty fun idea. I'd humbly suggest, though, that instead of coming up with a big list of bands, just turn it into a "tag, you're it" thread, where you post one band puzzle, and the person who solves it has to post a band next, and so on down the line.

    Could probably get a lot of mileage out of the concept that way. :)

    Thanks for the suggestion. List one or two bands and the next has to do it? Nice

    By the way, If you've never heard of ABR, how did you know it?
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    tridentgum0;2105351 said:
    Thanks for the suggestion. List one or two bands and the next has to do it? Nice

    By the way, If you've never heard of ABR, how did you know it?
    Elementary, my dear Watson. (puts on Sherlock hat) I was pretty damn sure the last two words were "BURNS RED," but I didn't have a clue who that could be. That left GST. I kinda thought it started with G, so I tried several combos that didn't work. Finally, I guessed what vowel(s) could start it, and I thought of AU, and so....

    That one was pretty damn hard.
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited March 2009
    cherokeesam;2105774 said:
    Elementary, my dear Watson. (puts on Sherlock hat) I was pretty damn sure the last two words were "BURNS RED," but I didn't have a clue who that could be. That left GST. I kinda thought it started with G, so I tried several combos that didn't work. Finally, I guessed what vowel(s) could start it, and I thought of AU, and so....

    That one was pretty damn hard.

    Haxor, new tag thread up soon.
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    1: All That Remains
    2: Led Zeppelin
    3:The Who
    4:Guns n' Roses
    5:
    6:Whitechapel
    7:Aerosmith
    8:Trivium
    9:
    10:Between The Buried and Me
    11:As I Lay Dying

    These are the ones I got without looking at other posts
Sign In or Register to comment.