Linkin park

linkinparkfan180linkinparkfan180 Unsigned
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
Talk all about Lp here! Heck, you could even post your fav song by lp!

Comments

  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2109572 said:
    people who enjoy linkin park are people who have not been exposed to music outside the mainstream
    Or that simply enjoy music that they have heard very multiple times before. I don't enjoy Aerosmith and I have been exposed to them a lot. I don't think I'll ever get my friends to like Gentle Giant no matter how I try. They just don't have enough interest in music to appreciate technical skills. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so. It just makes me mad I can't talk about music with most of the people I know.

    I also think instead of saying a band (LP) sucks balls, we should propose similar (and better... in our opinion) bands.
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2109544 said:
    but the title of the thread has linkin park mentioned, making this about King Crimson would be an insult to KC
    this
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    Insane3;2109608 said:
    Or that simply enjoy music that they have heard very multiple times before. I don't enjoy Aerosmith and I have been exposed to them a lot. I'll don't think I'll ever get my friends to like Gentle Giant no matter how I try. They just don't have enough interest in music to appreciate technical skills. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so. It just makes me mad I can't talk about music with most of the people I know.

    I also think instead of saying a band (LP) sucks balls, we should propose similar (and better... in our opinion) bands.
    but in order to get them to listen to other bands, we need to convince them how much linkin park sucks by introducing the other bands!

    but since im at school, i cant post good music right now :)
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2109619 said:
    but in order to get them to listen to other bands, we need to convince them how much linkin park sucks by introducing the other bands!

    but since im at school, i cant post good music right now :)
    I can :D
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Chester, I think he has a good voice.
    a21schizoidman;2109572 said:
    people who enjoy linkin park are people who have not been exposed to music outside the mainstream
    Not necessarily.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2109619 said:
    but in order to get them to listen to other bands, we need to convince them how much linkin park sucks by introducing the other bands!

    but since im at school, i cant post good music right now :)
    What are you studying? (Since nobody wants to talk about LP... obviously lol)
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    Insane3;2109633 said:
    What are you studying? (Since nobody wants to talk about LP... obviously lol)
    im gonna be a History major and join the FBI

    my next class is n00b Algebra
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    From my experience, attempting to "convince" a person that a band they like sucks normally doesn't do any good... more often than not, it does the opposite.

    Algebra, on the other hand, needs to die in a fire.
  • a21schizoidmana21schizoidman Prog-nosticator
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109655 said:

    Calculus, on the other hand, needs to die in a fire.
    fixed
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109655 said:
    From my experience, attempting to "convince" a person that a band they like sucks normally doesn't do any good... more often than not, it does the opposite.

    Algebra, on the other hand, needs to die in a fire.
    Calculus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Algebra >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Geometry

    Geometry must die!
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109631 said:
    Chester, I think he has a good voice.
    You know, Ive actually seen LP twice in concert. (I have seen so many bands, a large chunk of whom I do not actively listen to or claim to be a fan). Once was solely because of my wife, shes a fan, and the other time they toured with Metallica (Big company of us, multiple cars and big road trip).

    When Im watching a band live, especially one who Im not familiar or think Im familiar with, I scrutinize them heavily. I was expecting his voice to have been fleshed out and smoothed out in the studio and horrible live but his live performance (and it was on a DVD they released, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R71Jrv0Kp28. My group is in the front row and Im actually visible a few times) was spot on.

    I mean, I know they are stupidly popular but in all honesty I would not write their talent off. My wife claims they toured 90% of the year during their 1st and 2nd albums and you have to strike something, maybe not instrumental talent, to sell almost 25 million of the same ****ing album.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2109708 said:
    You know, Ive actually seen LP twice in concert. (I have seen so many bands, a large chunk of whom I do not actively listen to or claim to be a fan). Once was solely because of my wife, shes a fan, and the other time they toured with Metallica (Big company of us, multiple cars and big road trip).

    When Im watching a band live, especially one who Im not familiar or think Im familiar with, I scrutinize them heavily. I was expecting his voice to have been fleshed out and smoothed out in the studio and horrible live but his live performance (and it was on a DVD they released, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R71Jrv0Kp28. My group is in the front row and Im actually visible a few times) was spot on.

    I mean, I know they are stupidly popular but in all honesty I would not write their talent off. My wife claims they toured 90% of the year during their 1st and 2nd albums and you have to strike something, maybe not instrumental talent, to sell almost 25 million of the same ****ing album.
    I'll actually say that Chester is not a bad singer at all. I've only seen a live DVD, but he could actually replicate his studio vocals, something that can't be said about the vast majority of vocalists from the nu-metal movement. I actually like some of the vocally driven songs, like "In Pieces".

    Of course, the band itself is very simple.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109732 said:
    I'll actually say that Chester is not a bad singer at all. I've only seen a live DVD, but he could actually replicate his studio vocals, something that can't be said about the vast majority of vocalists from the nu-metal movement. I actually like some of the vocally driven songs, like "In Pieces".

    Of course, the band itself is very simple.
    The guitars are pretty ****ing horrible.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2109741 said:
    The guitars are pretty ****ing horrible.
    Yes, they are. Which is why I like In Pieces. Almost no guitars.

    I also don't really care for the rapping.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109745 said:
    Yes, they are. Which is why I like In Pieces. Almost no guitars.

    I also don't really care for the rapping.
    Never heard the song so I just listened to it. Wheres the rapping? The guitar seemed like it was gonna be a rhythm instrument as it always is (playing only 1 note a measure there) with this band but then it shifted to a lead guitar and did a guitar solo. Strange. I dunno, not familiar with anything really beyond their first album I think, when my wife and I were dating going to concerts with the crowd all the time.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    lol Linkin Park positive comments.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2109786 said:
    Never heard the song so I just listened to it. Wheres the rapping? The guitar seemed like it was gonna be a rhythm instrument as it always is (playing only 1 note a measure there) with this band but then it shifted to a lead guitar and did a guitar solo. Strange. I dunno, not familiar with anything really beyond their first album I think, when my wife and I were dating going to concerts with the crowd all the time.
    The third album features almost no rapping, if i remember correctly.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited March 2009
    LP has some enjoyable songs, but I like pretty much anything.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109829 said:
    The third album features almost no rapping, if i remember correctly.
    So what genre is it? ;p
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2109839 said:
    So what genre is it? ;p
    I honestly don't even remember... I think they were leaning (emphasis for Gow) for a more Alternative sound. A lot of it did come off as simple mainstream rock, though.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2109572 said:
    people who enjoy linkin park are people who have not been exposed to music outside the mainstream
    I enjoy Hybrid Theory. Not a fan outside of that.

    However, do we really have to bash mainstream bands? It's like there's a constant struggle between obscure music fans and people who listen to the radio. It really pisses me off, and I would love to see people just realize that there is such thing as personal taste. Sure, they should be exposed to more bands that they would like, but that's their decision. People have different interests and music isn't one for most people.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    WhiffleBallTony;2109878 said:

    However, do we really have to bash mainstream bands? It's like there's a constant struggle between obscure music fans and people who listen to the radio. It really pisses me off, and I would love to see people just realize that there is such thing as personal taste. Sure, they should be exposed to more bands that they would like, but that's their decision. People have different interests and music isn't one for most people.
    Traitor. We'll hang him at dawn.

    It's a musical elitists sacred duty to bash mainstream bands. :)

    And in case the sarcasm wasn't thick enough... I agree 100%.
  • WhiffleBallTonyWhiffleBallTony Headliner
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109892 said:
    Traitor. We'll hang him at dawn.

    It's a musical elitists sacred duty to bash mainstream bands. :)

    And in case the sarcasm wasn't thick enough... I agree 100%.
    The mention of hanging makes me want to listen to "Hallowed Be Thy Name" really loud for some reason.
  • frangrizzliefrangrizzlie Unsigned
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2109109 said:
    linkin park should not ever be discussed anywhere
    Amen!
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    I USED to be obsessed with LP, now I never listen to them. Their music is so repetitive. Their new album was terrible too.
  • Insane3Insane3 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    a21schizoidman;2109667 said:
    fixed
    Maths in general should get it's balls tied to a running horse.
  • bradylicious9bradylicious9 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2109829 said:
    The third album features almost no rapping, if i remember correctly.
    hands held high is as close as it gets.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    bradylicious9;2110374 said:
    hands held high is as close as it gets.
    Yeah, there were 2 or 3 songs that featured only rapping (or mostly), and the rest featured none.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I find algebra and geometry to be pretty useful in real life depending on what I apply.
Sign In or Register to comment.