So the Hellion and VAGIANT stopped by my house the other day...

HMXmattitudeHMXmattitude Harmonix Developer
edited March 2009 in Less Rokk More Talk
No, seriously. They did.

Their beautifully named "I Sold My Hole For Rock 'N Roll" tour happened to put them right in my very own town of Northampton, MA last Friday.

I had tried to invite the Hellion (and any other HMX employees that would bite) to come to my Rock Band party the previous week, but Vagiant's tour made sure that couldn't happen. So thanks to some badgering from my friend Chewy, she decided to grace me with her presence the following week... and she brought her whole damn band with her! And a whole other rad band, Razors in the Night, who was touring with them as well. And all was right with the world.

So I'm sitting in my apartment, minding my own business, when the Hellion busts down my door and hands me a brand new guitar controller, having gotten wind that my previous one had busticated. Naturally, I make her sign it, and she complies. Then she added a little extra ("Toady" is actually my pet rabbit Cody, but she preferred her version to his actual name. It's growing on me).

So, before I know what hits me, two whole rock bands are chilling in my living room, and they appear to be drinking beer with me. Vagiant's hot drummer even made a boom-boom in my bathroom!

I figured that as long as they're there, I may as well have Vagiant sign my Rock Band poster. So each band member climbs up on my bed and leaves me a lil' love on my wall. I was told to brag proudly that I can honestly say that I have had all members of Vagiant on my bed. Like I needed any instruction.

By this point we're all hungry like the wolf. We go eat noodles and dish and gossip and burp and fart.

Now the bands have to make an appearance at a local record store, fire up their instruments and melt a couple pre-pubescent faces that won't make it to their 21+ show that night. I help them carry some equipment in and feel pretty good about it. Said faces are melted clean off.

So the hours tick by and showtime approacheth. Me and my pals roll up. Much whiskey is drank. The excitement builds. It feels great to be in a local joint that's actually housing a talented band for once and not the usual local turd salads.

Razors in the Night take the stage. They rock and rock hard, as expected. And Vagiant is kind enough to loan them their drums.

The golden hour arrives. Vagiant takes the stage. I take my spot inches from the stage, essentially staring up the Hellion's nostrils. My dear ol' friend Chewy is right behind me. The band starts up and the thunder is brought. Helen dedicates "Seven" to me and Chewy and I cream my pants. I jump around and bang my head like a drunken baboon (my neck is STILL sore). Chewy does the same. He also doesn't take any pictures, so you'll just have to trust me that Vagiant is, in fact, a band, and they did, in fact, play an f'ing great show.

How to celebrate having one's face personally melted off? MORE WHISKEY!! Yeah, that happens. Apparently, me and Chewy did a Michael McDonald medley. I don't remember it happening, but Helen captured video proof, so there you have it.

As the night winds down, Helen inevitably works her charm on all of my friends. And me. And lifelong bonds of rockitude are born.

And that, my dear friends, is how you have the Hellion and VAGIANT personally rock your face off.

You're welcome.

Comments

• topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited March 2009
    Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. You lucky dog.
    mattitude;2116730 said:
    Vagiant's hot drummer even made a boom-boom in my bathroom!
    Thank you for not posting a link to a picture of that... :D
  • ffwarrior47ffwarrior47 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    lucky bastard :p
  • Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited March 2009
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited March 2009
    Awesome!!!!
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited March 2009
    That's......amazing. Good for you dude :)

Looks like you all had a blast and The Hellion/Vagiant/Razors are all cool people to hang out with.
  • JukeBoxHeroJukeBoxHero Headliner
    edited March 2009
    One of the coolest stories I've seen, cheers to you man.
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited March 2009
    I'm insanely jealous.

Flippin' awesome dude! :D
  • Starfleet_RamboStarfleet_Rambo Headliner
    edited March 2009
    My face melted reading and clicking pic links.

So cool dude.
  • citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    This thread is just filled to the brim with awesome.
  • edited March 2009
    It's another hoax! The goddess Helen would never descend from on high to mingle with mere commoners.
  • C-WeinerC-Weiner Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    No way dude. Awesome! I'm from Granby, MA. I'm sure you know where that is?
  • KreepmanKreepman Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I'm jealous.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited March 2009
    Pics or it di
  • nashphx13znashphx13z Super Star
    edited March 2009
    mattitude;2116730 said:
    So the hours tick by and showtime approacheth. Me and my pals roll up. Much whiskey is drank. The excitement builds. It feels great to be in a local joint that's actually housing a talented band for once and not the usual local turd salads.
    Turd salads, eh? I'm gonna start using that one... :rolleyes:
    mattitude;2116730 said:
    You're welcome.
    Thank you.

That is seriously AWESOME, dude! :D
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Awesome man sounds great :)

Hope you enjoyed it :)
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Awesome man.. can I touch you to get the essence of the Hellion?
  • Meatwad555Meatwad555 Merch-Table
    edited March 2009
    I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous...

You win at life my friend.
  • Atrum IncendiaAtrum Incendia Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    That is ****ing awesome
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited March 2009

No words can describe how much I want to kill you now.
  • bse523bse523 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Great story. I wonder if this Hellion has an Electric Eye.

Sorry, couldn't resist the really bad pun.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    That is awesome. It further cements my theory that VAGIANT is one of the greatest bands ever.

Also, Razors in the Night are freaking hardcore. You're lucky they didn't burn your house down with their rock powers.

-Jaime
  • Alright_ComputerAlright_Computer Butt Neck
    edited March 2009
    I wonder if the Hellion saw this thread? She was on the General forums today I think.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I can compete wiht that, but I don't feel like bragging and I don;t want to steel your thunder. Congrats.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited March 2009
    The ONLY possible way your story could be better is if That Handsome Devil showed up and God Forbid and Hellion got into a bar fight causing a black hole to appear because of the awesomness.
  • Metal_ManMetal_Man Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    mattitude;2116730 said:
    No, seriously. They did.

Their beautifully named "I Sold My Hole For Rock 'N Roll" tour happened to put them right in my very own town of Northampton, MA last Friday.

I had tried to invite the Hellion (and any other HMX employees that would bite) to come to my Rock Band party the previous week, but Vagiant's tour made sure that couldn't happen. So thanks to some badgering from my friend Chewy, she decided to grace me with her presence the following week... and she brought her whole damn band with her! And a whole other rad band, Razors in the Night, who was touring with them as well. And all was right with the world.

So I'm sitting in my apartment, minding my own business, when the Hellion busts down my door and hands me a brand new guitar controller, having gotten wind that my previous one had busticated. Naturally, I make her sign it, and she complies. Then she added a little extra ("Toady" is actually my pet rabbit Cody, but she preferred her version to his actual name. It's growing on me).

So, before I know what hits me, two whole rock bands are chilling in my living room, and they appear to be drinking beer with me. Vagiant's hot drummer even made a boom-boom in my bathroom!

I figured that as long as they're there, I may as well have Vagiant sign my Rock Band poster. So each band member climbs up on my bed and leaves me a lil' love on my wall. I was told to brag proudly that I can honestly say that I have had all members of Vagiant on my bed. Like I needed any instruction.

By this point we're all hungry like the wolf. We go eat noodles and dish and gossip and burp and fart.

Now the bands have to make an appearance at a local record store, fire up their instruments and melt a couple pre-pubescent faces that won't make it to their 21+ show that night. I help them carry some equipment in and feel pretty good about it. Said faces are melted clean off.

Razors in the Night take the stage. They rock and rock hard, as expected. And Vagiant is kind enough to loan them their drums.

The golden hour arrives. Vagiant takes the stage. I take my spot inches from the stage, essentially staring up the Hellion's nostrils. My dear ol' friend Chewy is right behind me. The band starts up and the thunder is brought. Helen dedicates "Seven" to me and Chewy and I cream my pants. I jump around and bang my head like a drunken baboon (my neck is STILL sore). Chewy does the same. He also doesn't take any pictures, so you'll just have to trust me that Vagiant is, in fact, a band, and they did, in fact, play an f'ing great show.

How to celebrate having one's face personally melted off? MORE WHISKEY!! Yeah, that happens. Apparently, me and Chewy did a Michael McDonald medley. I don't remember it happening, but Helen captured video proof, so there you have it.

As the night winds down, Helen inevitably works her charm on all of my friends. And me. And lifelong bonds of rockitude are born.

And that, my dear friends, is how you have the Hellion and VAGIANT personally rock your face off.

You're welcome.
    and why would they come to your house? seriously even i have a higher post count then you. hell I should be orally raped by HMXsean because of my loyal service to the forums seriously GAWWWWW
  • The Highway To HellThe Highway To Hell Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    You deserve a custom title for this amazing story.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited March 2009
    The Highway To Hell;2119069 said:
    You deserve a custom title for this amazing story.
    How about:

The Luckiest Son-Of-A-____ On The Forums
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited March 2009
    That is awesome.
  • BearclawBearclaw Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    That. Sounds. EPIC.
  • edited March 2009
    Absolutely incredible. I would love to have been there, but I would have ruined everyone's good time with my dour attitude.