Breaking Bad = Quality Television

jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
edited July 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
Has anyone heard of/seen AMC's show Breaking Bad?
Breaking Bad stars Bryan Cranston as Walter White, a struggling high school chemistry teacher with a handicapped teenage son (RJ Mitte) and pregnant wife (Anna Gunn). When the already tense White is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, he breaks down and turns to a life of crime, setting up a meth lab with his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) in a desire to secure his family's future financial security.
The lead actor (he played the Dad from Malcolm in the Middle) won the Emmy for Best Actor in a series for both the first and second season.

Comments

• citric_bulletscitric_bullets Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I've been meaning to check that out. Bryan Cranston is pretty sweet.
  • trench762trench762 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    yeah, I only caught about half of the first season so I haven't wanted to watch the new one, but it was awesome stuff. If I could find the dvd of the first season I'd definately be watching right now.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    trench762;2134914 said:
    yeah, I only caught about half of the first season so I haven't wanted to watch the new one, but it was awesome stuff. If I could find the dvd of the first season I'd definately be watching right now.
    I think it came out ... here it is
  • RedBaron45RedBaron45 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I know lots of people who love it, but I never got around to watching it myself. Maybe it's time to invest the time.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited March 2009
    it was good last year when i watched it, but i was disappointed that it was only 7 episodes, and no news on a future continuation of it.
  • StewStew Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    This is easily the best show on tv right now. After watching the first season, I immediately watched it again.
    edited March 2009
    Oscar-Rio;2135680 said:
    and no news on a future continuation of it.
    :eek:

You don't know? The second season just started. Tonight they're airing Episode 3 at 10.
    edited March 2010
    UPDATE: Season 3 premieres tonight at 10! I really can't wait~ :D
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited March 2010
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited March 2010
    Stew;2136257 said:
    This is easily the best show on tv right now.
    The Pacific and Justified would like to have a word with you.
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    After 1 episode and Justified is best show? Flash Forward's 1st episode was decent too, been downhill ever since. Breaking Bad IS one of the best shows on TV....
    edited March 2010
    Quaszar;3581526 said:
    After 1 episode and Justified is best show? Flash Forward's 1st episode was decent too, been downhill ever since. Breaking Bad IS one of the best shows on TV....
    He didn't say one of the best shows, he said the best show.

And I'll go out on a limb and say both those shows are great even after one episode. They have the writting pedigrees for greatness. With creative consultants like Steven Spielberg and Elmore Leonard both shows shine.
    edited March 2010
    Lawdog1521;3581547 said:
    He didn't say one of the best shows, he said the best show.
    Yeah~ he said that ... one year ago ;)

Question: Have you ever seen Breaking Bad? If not... needless to say... you're missing out. (That goes for anyone who hasn't seen it really.)
    edited March 2010
    jayou521;3581579 said:
    Yeah~ he said that ... one year ago ;)

Question: Have you ever seen Breaking Bad? If not... needless to say... you're missing out. (That goes for anyone who hasn't seen it really.)
    What's up with these stupid necro postings? :p

Well, let's just say it took me a year to find decent competition.
  • trench762trench762 Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Lawdog1521;3581625 said:
    What's up with these stupid necro postings? :p

Well, let's just say it took me a year to find decent competition.
    What's up with these necro quotes....someone used the search feature that everyone complains about people not using is my guess, and since the 3rd season just started tonight and it was an amazing opening episode, I'm guessing it got people hyped about the show again. Haven't caught the first episode of the other shows mentioned, but the dude in justified doesn't sell me as a cowboy from the previews I saw. I usually wait for shows to come out on dvd to watch them so I can see a few episodes back to back and tell if it's something I wanna watch or not, and I'd say breaking bad and dexter are tied atm for favorite show on television, but at least breaking bad isn't on a premium network like showtime.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited March 2010
    Lawdog1521;3581482 said:
    The Pacific and Justified would like to have a word with you.
    Justified just started though.
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I remember hearing about it a few years back, always looked interesting, but I never got around to watching it.
    Ill have to add it to my Netflix sometime
    edited March 2010
    BuRn7 CaK3;3582159 said:
    Justified just started though.
    I'm Justified though.
  • edited March 2010
    Ep 1 is 98.7% downloaded :D

I'm pretty sure it doesn't air in Australia, but at least we're lucky enough to get the DVD's when they come out.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited March 2010
    Lawdog1521;3582176 said:
    I'm Justified though.
    I can't judge a TV show that has only one episode out. Now if your talking about FX in general. Sons Of Anarchy is a fantastic show.
    edited July 2012
    Final season started last week~ (season 4 was the best!)~ figured it would be a good time to bring this back~

They announced that they will air the first 8 episodes of this season now and wait another year before airing the final 8... not exactly happy about that, but yay for new episodes!

I thought tonight's episode was much better than the premiere~ (which was the most watched episode of BB ever! wow)~ always liked Mike and good to see more of his story
  • www1221www1221 StackOverflowError
    edited July 2012
    I know it's relevant and what not but HOLY NECRO POST BATMAN.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2012
    The show is awesome... so I'll let it slide... this time.