Rock Blog Thursday 07/12/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
Before I start I want to reiterate that the new front to our site (clear cache and go to www.rockband.com ) has all sorts of new hot goodness like wallpapers and video and info and songlists and should answer any question you have that we currently have info out about. The wallpapers are sweet too, Todd made them. I am currently rocking the fourth one from the right on the top row.

I also heard some reports about how the Harmonix party went last night and by all accounts it was awesome. The special guests ended up being Queens of the Stone Age and Eagles of Death Metal which must have been 100% kick ass. I also heard that Peter Moore from Microsoft got a chance to play the game in front of the crowd again and didn't pause the game once. That rules! I think more than a few reporters probably woke up cursing us for their massive hangovers and now impaired hearing. Go us!

I also want to give a shout out to all of you. We have got a ton of new members over the last couple days in addition to the many of you who have been with us since we launched. You all have been totally awesome and have really helped the news about Rock Band get out there all over the web. You've even suggested a few things here and there that were totally awesome. The level of discourse on these forums continues, I think, to surpass that of a lot of websites and for that I am really grateful. We're lucky to have you around, so thanks.

Blogs are in short order today (and probably will remain that way through next week) but today we have Geoff who found some time to talk about how crazy it has been around here but how he still isn't getting sick of the game. I think I speak for most developers when I say that is rare.

Geoff still isn't sick of it.

Oh yeah! I also posted and stickied (in announcements) the three press releases from yesterday about Little Steven, Who's Next, and Metallica. If you like reading press releases you'll love it!

Comments

• Rainer7Rainer7 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
  • edited July 2007
    Not to mention the instrument logos on top of the page! That's a nice touch.

Looking forward to the party we're having once RB comes out...lots of jack and beer!!!

Sean, how is The Darkness??
  • edited July 2007
    deathstick;12265 said:

Sean, how is The Darkness??
    I liked it! Some parts are pretty hard, and the Darklings can be maddeningly uncooperative but the writing is really well done as is the voice acting and I've been begging for a proper WWI video game for years (not that this is a proper WWI game or anything but it gives a taste!) If there is a sequel ever I will definitely get it.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    The party sounds like it was amazing. I'm glad Peter Moore got to play again, this time with no pauses/failures.

Eagles of Death Metal and Queens of the Stone Age? Thats too cool. I hope EoDM are in Rock Band, wouldn't that be nice :D!

Don't Speak (I Came To Make A Bang!) would make a perfect addition to the game!

Edit: Oh yea I'm using the Drummer Wallpaper for now, its sweet! The 2nd one over in the 2nd row.
  • edited July 2007
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    thanks for the cool stuff! ^ what he said!

im sporting the first wallpaper. that one is fricking sweet
  • edited July 2007
    hmxsean;12277 said:
    I liked it! Some parts are pretty hard, and the Darklings can be maddeningly uncooperative but the writing is really well done as is the voice acting and I've been begging for a proper WWI video game for years (not that this is a proper WWI game or anything but it gives a taste!) If there is a sequel ever I will definitely get it.
    Can't go wrong with Mike Patton as the voice of The Darkness. I'll have to check it out soon. I've been playing Rainbow Six: Vegas again so maybe it would be good idea to try a game that's come out in the last six months!!
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Keep up the good work HMX
  • Angry_GamesAngry_Games Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    welp...as more announcements come in, it only solidifies my intent to purchase the game. Metallica and the PROMISE (please god, don't be like Guitar Hero in this respect!!!) of constantly updated DLC that is at a competitive price were the clinchers.

The only thing I care about now is "when".

Ever since I saw the very first Guitar Hero video (of the game + the guys playing it) on IGN, I knew this was a new direction that video games would go in, and it's a wonderful new direction. I'm tired of RTS, RPG, FPS, same old stuff rehashed repeatedly.

This is solid family gaming (I've turned on Guitar Hero to countless dads that are my PC customers and almost always the entire family, including mom, ends up playing it) for almost any age, without violence or sex or drugs (other than slight references in some songs I suppose), and it's extremely innovative because of the controller (as a guitarist of about 15 years, I can say that Harmonix pretty much got it all right with Guitar Hero).

I was hoping that the developers of GH would take it to the next step at some point, but with how the game looks and plays right now (not even finished either!), I think it's travelled far beyond my hopes and expectations.

Plus, this forum isn't littered with flaming and other useless nonsense, so it's very comfortable to come and post (and having Harmonix guys posting and being active part of the community is something that also sells me on this game).

Ok, enough brown-nosing from Angry.

I'm gonna just kick back and wait now. Don't be %#@$@# taking forever because I'm almost done with Expert on GH2 (finally) and can't be waiting around forever for this next gig.

;)
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Helllllllllllllllllllls yea!

Keep up the good work guys!
  • LoneRanger17LoneRanger17 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    As one of the many dads who has found GHII on the 360....I can only say that it's the one game that my family keeps going back to...to play over and over. I can only imagine how much more fun RB is going to be and we are all looking forward to it. So thanks Harmonix!