Cost to download 100% of current DLC?

ZoologicoZoologico Opening Act
edited March 2009 in Rock Band
Hi folks,

Anyone know from direct experience how much it would cost to download 100% of all DLC for 360 and PS3?

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited March 2009
    (Rough estimate warning!)

Around $800.
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    a lot, and I will leave it at that...
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I think there's 475 DLC right now. So, with the frees, some $1 songs, and a slight drop in price from buying albums/packs, you'd be looking at probably $825-850. It's not exact, but that's a reasonable estimate.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Your ceiling is somewhere around $900. That's based off of 475 DLC tracks, minus 24 free songs (20 Free pack, Charlene, Still Alive, Promised Land, Headphones On) and minus 18 AC/DC songs, for a total of 433 songs. At $2 each (obviously less for packs and albums) plus $30 for AC/DC, that's $896.
  • noobertnoobert Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    nice job whypick. thats a lot of damn money!!!
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    noobert;2163983 said:
    nice job whypick. thats a lot of damn money!!!
    Doesn't seem like much if you space it out over time, sort of like an allowance. ^^
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2009
    Good lord, I could have bought SO many groceries!
    edited March 2009
    kiggidykev;2164003 said:
    But... you can't eat with a plastic guitar or drum sticks in your hands anyway. :confused:
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2009
    kiggidykev;2164003 said:
    DLC - HMX's New Revolutionary Diet. Try it today! You will find yourself eating less and having less food in the house to tempt you! Live like a starving rock star, with only your music there to make you forget the pangs of hunger!
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I don't ever want to find out how much I have spent on this game. I just keep thinking, only $6-$12 a week.
  • noobertnoobert Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    kitlerc;2163998 said:
    Doesn't seem like much if you space it out over time, sort of like an allowance. ^^
    yeah i know. ive bought like 80% of the dlc. at one point i was buying all of it but i realized it would never stop! lol
  • hostelmovieshostelmovies Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    I can' believe I have spent so much money on this. I have 300 songs from DLC. OUCH.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I have 100% -3 Pearl Jam tracks from Best Buy and it's cost me a bomb only to be RROD'd the day after Pearl Jam.
  • Highlandlassie1Highlandlassie1 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Money spent on DLC is up there with some of the best spent money of my entire life.

The enjoyment value is tremendous.

I can not buy music just to listen to anymore, I must be able to interact with it.
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Zoologico;2163858 said:
    Hi folks,

Anyone know from direct experience how much it would cost to download 100% of all DLC for 360 and PS3?
    What kind of Richie Rich downloads all DLC for two systems?

I purchase weekly, so don't keep track. Based on the number of tracks...700-800 bucks maybe, for the 360 alone? Just double that if you want the cost for all DLC on 360 and PS3.
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Probably worth noting that IF someone wanted to buy everything from right now, the two available track packs would probably factor into that purchase.

-Brian
    edited March 2009
    RealMessiah;2164113 said:
    What kind of Richie Rich downloads all DLC for two systems?

I purchase weekly, so don't keep track. Based on the number of tracks...700-800 bucks maybe, for the 360 alone? Just double that if you want the cost for all DLC on 360 and PS3.
    I think he's assuming there's some exclusives or something, but there aren't.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Not factoring in promotions that gave me free points (and times when I bought "free money" thanks to sales on Points cards), I've spent over $100 on DLC. That includes the 400 points for the export of RB1

But considering I have nearly 160 songs and have only spent 100 bucks...I'm averaging less than 80 cents per song. !!!!
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited March 2009
    from: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8790

"TOTAL POINTS SPENT FOR ALL SONGS IS BETWEEN 56,880 - 64,140 or $708.62 - $827.91 ( AS OF 3-24-09 ) DEPENDING ON HOW YOU BOUGHT THEM. "
    edited March 2009
    Sayburr;2164170 said:
    from: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8790

"TOTAL POINTS SPENT FOR ALL SONGS IS BETWEEN 56,880 - 64,140 or $708.62 - $827.91 ( AS OF 3-24-09 ) DEPENDING ON HOW YOU BOUGHT THEM. "
    I think that's missing the AC/DC pack, so factor that in too, depending on whatever price you can find it for, if you consider it DLC.
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    kiggidykev;2164003 said:

DAMMIT KEV! We didn't have to sell the kids after all. We could have had both...WE COULD HAVE HAD BOTH KEV!
  • JokerSRHJokerSRH Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    We have between 140-180 songs. Not sure the current count, just picked up 10. :(
    edited March 2009
    JokerSRH;2164650 said:
    We have between 140-180 songs. Not sure the current count, just picked up 10. :(
    which has 12 songs.
    edited March 2009
    siee;2164055 said:
    I have 100% -3 Pearl Jam tracks from Best Buy and it's cost me a bomb only to be RROD'd the day after Pearl Jam.
    That is why I keep a 360 in a box...when one RRoDs, I send it in while I use the other one. Then I use the other one until it RRoDs and a I have a brand new one in the box...If I EVER have them both RRoD at teh same time, I am going to be pissed. One should not need two backups to keep in the game.

It does suck for DRM though. My last one RRoD'd right after I did the DRM.
    edited March 2009
    logicalnoise;2164815 said:
    which has 12 songs.
    I think the download of the album is only 11. Alive is on Disc.
    edited March 2009
    RealMessiah;2164888 said:
    I think the download of the album is only 11. Alive is on Disc.

yeah my bad I was recalling my playthrough of the album in quickplay which kept saying x out 12 songs left.
  • TonytTonyt Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    Not sure i think this is a good idea.

Just down loaded for the sake of it? Would you pay £50 for a game that had 84 crap songs you never heard of?

But of course its your cash, I have close to 300 songs in total with RB1,2 and DLC, but all ny DLC is hand picked and are songs i like.
  • zomg_bbqzomg_bbq Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I do wonder though. Other than me, who actually has every song available on Rock Band?

I can't get "Monsoon" in Europe, but i have every single DLC/Track Pack/Disc song available. The amount of songs is staggering.
  • JL87 aka MaineJL87 aka Maine Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    I got a friend on my list who got every song. I'll message him and ask what it cost him. His GT is "Titua Overdrive", if you would like to message him and ask.
  • Death50Death50 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Just to go head in buying a lot at once is just nutty buddy.

Unless you got monies to spend.