How Well Do You These Bands (Metal Edition)

tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
This thread is for all metalheads on these forums who claim to be hardcore fans. Let's see how well they know some of these bands' discographys. The objective is to list their albums in order of release (by year) and list the year and their favorite song on that album (it won't be wrong unless it's not on that particular album)

The first 5 bands

Lamb of God
Children of Bodom
Iron Maiden
Metallica
At the Gates

5 more metal bands and a classic rock version up tomorrow.

Comments

• willdabeast21willdabeast21 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Am I a metalhead? Yeah, I love metal
    Do I like most of the bands listened here? Yes, all but At the Gates (whom I've never heard, to be honest, so I cant judge)
    Can I list all the bands' entire discography? Of course not! But that doesn't make me not a metalhead, just means I'm not overly hardcore about any of these bands
  • LolicatLolicat Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    It's not the best idea to choose such a wide-ranging thing as 'metal' for this. I mean, some people might love Doom, not represented here, Black, not represented here, Prog, Power, etc, etc.
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Wikipedia just destroys this thread.
  • tridentgum0tridentgum0 Uninteresting Poster
    edited March 2009
    willdabeast21;2172171 said:
    Am I a metalhead? Yeah, I love metal
    Do I like most of the bands listened here? Yes, all but At the Gates (whom I've never heard, to be honest, so I cant judge)
    Can I list all the bands' entire discography? Of course not! But that doesn't make me not a metalhead, just means I'm not overly hardcore about any of these bands

Just by album, not song by song.
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't say I'm a "hardcore" metalhead, but I do listen to metal. Of course, I only like 2/5 of the bands listed here. :l
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    I could do this with Metallica, Iron Maiden, and At the Gates, but am far too lazy :p
  • My name is FezMy name is Fez Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Metallica:
    Kill 'Em All
    Ride the Lightning
    Master of Puppets
    The $5.98 E.P.: Garage Days Re-Revisited
    ...And Justice for All
    Metallica
    Live ****: Binge and Purge
    Load
    ReLoad
    Garage, Inc.
    S&M
    St. Anger
    Some Kind of Monster
    Death Magnetic

I am bored as hell XD And yes, I used to REALLY like Metallica. Although really this is more because I have a pretty good memory for useless crap like "What is the order of Metallica's releases?" than anything else. A fan of music does not mean you can spout out album names like nobody's business.

I could probably do a decent chunk of Maiden's, and the others I'm not big fans of. I like other forms of metal lololol.

EDIT: The thread title reminds me of "I accidentally 93 MB of files is that bad?"