Fulfilling a Request...

T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
edited March 2009 in Rock Band
I know you have to be a contrarian about anything that you view is negative towards HMX...
I hear this one a lot. So I figure why not...I'll go ahead and prove them all wrong. I apologize in advance, as most of this is duplicate stuff that I've already posted where it belongs. But since I've gotten a number of requests, here's my list of "grievances" so to speak with the current RB set up.

[LIST=1]
[*]No voxtar option. My main band in RB1 went through entirely voxtar'd. I think I developed schizophrenia. This would be an especially cool option for such songs as "Losing My Religion" or "Polly".
[*]Only one vocalist per band. I would love to be able to have a male and female vocalist assigned so my lead singer doesn't have to hike up his pants to try and hit some of those notes in "Call Me".
[*]No Bass Career score. Makes it tough to track progress. I know part of this is because guitar is single quickplay option (only picking bass/lead once the songs are selected)...but with no official "career" for each instrument it seems like an odd exclusion.
[*]Only one outfit per character. I have my main band, but I take my characters online a lot too. I've been requesting the ability to store at least one or two alt. costumes so my characters can be better tailored to bands I frequent that aren't their "actual band".
[*]No ability to change eye color. What...we can change our hair color on the fly but can't buy colored contacts?
[*]No ability to tweak character information once the character is created. This is especially annoying when there's no actual measurements provided with the sliders. I make one character one height, but if I want to make another one and forgot the settings for the previous one I have nothing to base the design on. This leads to my bassist turning out taller than my drummer...who was supposed to be a "hulk" of sorts.
[*]No "Recording studio" portion of World Tour. I know we can't make our own music, but why couldn't my band record an album using songs available in game? Considering the focus on building money (And the different challenges added this time around), why not have a step along the way recording an album and distributing it for revenue? Heck, you could link it to RB.com...which would help us better show off the style we've come up with for the band.
[*]When I'm creating my bandmembers...why can't a select "handedness". What if I want to have a southpaw bassist?
[*]Why is there an audience when I record a music video?
[*]The ability to remove (or at least hide) bands and characters from RB.com that I've since deleted. I know HMX has said these are retained for their own records...but I should be able to tweak some settings in my profile and hid from public view those bands and characters that literally do not exist anymore.
[/LIST]

Do any of these look familiar? Of course they do. Because they're things that get brought up all the time. That's why those who claim I never complain never see me complain...because there's no point in me saying anything more. It's all been said...and it's all where it belongs.

I'm sure there's more...but I think this gets my points across. This'll likely get closed, but that's fine...as I can just link to I get "called out" on being "one of those posters" again.

Comments

• acondon747acondon747 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Too tired to read, can you shorten it to one sentence.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2009
    T-Hybrid;2172784 said:

[*]No ability to change eye color. What...we can change our hair color on the fly but can't buy colored contacts?
    I like this one. As I've stated on these forums before, my main band members are featured in a novel I'm writing. The drummer wears blue contacts purely for aesthetic reasons, but his eyes are actually brown. I make him have blue eyes in Rock Band since you can't change 'em, but it'd be nice to change his eyes to brown sometimes.

Of course, for this same character I'd also like more piercing options. (Thanks HMX for putting them in RB2 in the first place!) I love that my drummer can have his lip ring, but I can't make him have his brow piercings too without a nose ring.
    T-Hybrid;2172784 said:

[*]Only one outfit per character. I have my main band, but I take my characters online a lot too. I've been requesting the ability to store at least one or two alt. costumes so my characters can be better tailored to bands I frequent that aren't their "actual band".
    Yes please. I change my characters' outfits pretty much every other time I turn on the frickin' game. I do have some favorite outfits for each character, so I wish I could save a few.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    acondon747;2172832 said:
    Too tired to read, can you shorten it to one sentence.
    Sure: "I've got complaints, I just find other things to talk about."
  • ArmsAreLoudArmsAreLoud Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Good ideas. However, I do have to say one thing: ib4l.
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    1. You can still play the game as Voxtar. I'm big on game play over graphics, so I don't see the point.

2. It's more disturbing for a male to sing a lot of the female vocalists. The visuals pale in comparison.

3. I'm in agreement. The game still caters to the guitarist over the rest.

4. Visuals again. Do you really watch your avatar so much? I'm watching the charts myself.

5. I can't even SEE the eye color.

6. Then create the character if you can't remember what height you made it.

7. No interest. I'm busy playing charts.

8. No interest.

9. Lots of videos include concert footage. I was at the Metro in Chicago when Killing Joke was shooting footage for Money Is Not Our God. They played it twice in a row as their second encore.

10. Are you somehow ashamed of your characters? Be more careful when you create them.

No, the big things that people bring up are more realistic drums, better vocal tracking, turning off DLC you don't want to play, seeing what DLC an on-line player has, more clothes, and getting the songs they want for DLC.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    princeofcups;2172917 said:
    10. Are you somehow ashamed of your characters? Be more careful when you create them.
    On top of them never being used again (thus their info really is meaningless), it would also make it MUCH easier to build gallaries in RB.com if I could hide those characters/bands that don't exist anymore.

But that brings me to my next point:
    princeofcups;2172917 said:
    No, the big things that people bring up are more realistic drums, better vocal tracking, turning off DLC you don't want to play, seeing what DLC an on-line player has, more clothes, and getting the songs they want for DLC.
    I kinda expected this to happen. I'd post them and they'd be dimissed as "not issues" or "little things". Which is actually funny when you consider that's the same thing I get flamed for doing. The severity the issue or the reasoning for why it's an issue is going to differ from person to person.

I understand this, which is why I don't feel the need to flood the forums with them once I've voiced them one way or another.
  • kcharleskcharles Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    I agree, but ESPECIALLY with the deleting old band members. I had to restart my game, so I have 2 of every character in my profile.
This discussion has been closed.