My RB3 Setlist (75 songs)

MudbunnyMudbunny Unsigned
edited March 2009 in Your Ultimate Setlist
So after looking through my library I've come up with a setlist about the size of RB1 or RB2. It is 75 songs selected to try and avoid names that are too big or already rather present in RB/GH (such as Metallica, Dragonforce, Megadeth). Since I think that at this point RB has a good foundation of songs, I tried to pick the majority of songs to try and be new artists, you'll find that no artist is used more than once, and that only 6 of the 75 artists were in Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, or DLC up through March 29,2009 (date of this post). Of course I also avoided any questionable titles or excessive cursing, some songs of course need certain words pulled, but none of them rely on bad words enough that the vocalist would pull their hair out unless the ESRB rating changed.

I also spent a while getting the gneres, albums, and years, but it's harder to read if I include all that here. The setlist is in order of approximate difficulty - I went through each song and estimated for each instrument the difficulty of the chart. I uploaded a sheet to google docs with all this metadata, you can view it here. Anyway, here's a couple statistics for the list, then the list itself.

And yes, my library is rather empty when it comes to prior to the 90s, but 1990 will be 20 years old at least by the time RB3 is released.

1970s - 1 song
1980s - 1 song
1990s - 17 songs
2000 to 2004 - 30 songs
2005 - 11 songs
2006 - 3 songs
2007 - 7 songs
2008 - 5 songs

Alternative - 12
Emo - 9
Indie Rock - 3
Metal - 15
Nu Metal - 4
Pop Rock - 2
Pop/Rock - 2
Punk - 10
Rock - 18

All songs are in format: Artist - Track

Tier 1 - Warmup (11)
Marcy Playground - It's Saturday
Staind - Yesterday
Deftones - Minus Blindfold
Ra - The Only One
Vertical Horizon - You're A God
Social Distortion - Ball and Chain
Atreyu - The Crimson
Spineshank - New Disease
Halifax - Our Revolution
Nural - Not Guilty
Creed - Freedom Fighter

Tier 2 - Apprentice (19)
Ill Ni

Comments

• A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited March 2009
    So, do you not like music that's from 1984 or earlier?
  • MudbunnyMudbunny Unsigned
    edited March 2009
    A New Pyro Fool;2174291 said:
    So, do you not like music that's from 1984 or earlier?
    Haha, I don't have a problem with older music, I just didn't have any going through my library and the setlist was big enough. The GH series particularly, and some of RB have given a fair amount of attention to older music as well, so I think if you look at the big picture, it's not a total loss.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited March 2009
    Mudbunny;2174324 said:
    Haha, I don't have a problem with older music, I just didn't have any going through my library and the setlist was big enough. The GH series particularly, and some of RB have given a fair amount of attention to older music as well, so I think if you look at the big picture, it's not a total loss.
    Being that this is your own PERSONAL setlist, I can safely say that it works for you. However, as a setlist that would be included on disk and distributed around the world, it doesn't work too being biased against a certain era of music (Unless, of course, you call it Rock Band: Modern Hits)

By the way, your list can't be "big enough" because the RB2 disk had 80+ songs. It wouldn't make much sense to have less than that amount on the RB3 disc, now would it?
  • edited March 2009
    Haha this is an epic fail. RB3 would be horrible with 2 songs from the 70s and 80s combined
  • MudbunnyMudbunny Unsigned
    edited March 2009
    A New Pyro Fool;2174368 said:
    Being that this is your own PERSONAL setlist, I can safely say that it works for you. However, as a setlist that would be included on disk and distributed around the world, it doesn't work too being biased against a certain era of music (Unless, of course, you call it Rock Band: Modern Hits)

By the way, your list can't be "big enough" because the RB2 disk had 80+ songs. It wouldn't make much sense to have less than that amount on the RB3 disc, now would it?
    Fair enough on the era bit (though I will say that we can say most games are biased to an extent - I've never seen Fats Domino or Chubby Checkers in a rhythm game). To be honest, the odds that someone's setlist will get used are pretty low, so I can only hope that some songs get used. But yes, similar to GH's Rocks the 80s, it might have to be some sort of 'Modern hits' thing.

And the RB 1 setlist was less than 60 songs - so 75 songs falls in between RB1 and RB2's size. There's no rule that says each game needs a larger number of songs than the last - that's the beauty of DLC. Sure, if I posted a list of like 20-30, that'd be more like a track pack than a game on it's own, but this is still about 5 hours of music (which translates to way more than that in gameplay time).

Thanks for the feedback!
  • ChathamChatham Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    [QUOTE=Mudbunny;2174271]So after looking through my library I've come up with a setlist about the size of RB1 or RB2. It is 75 songs selected to try and avoid names that are too big or already rather present in RB/GH (such as Metallica, Dragonforce, Megadeth). Since I think that at this point RB has a good foundation of songs, I tried to pick the majority of songs to try and be new artists, you'll find that no artist is used more than once, and that only 6 of the 75 artists were in Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, or DLC up through March 29,2009 (date of this post). Of course I also avoided any questionable titles or excessive cursing, some songs of course need certain words pulled, but none of them rely on bad words enough that the vocalist would pull their hair out unless the ESRB rating changed.

I also spent a while getting the gneres, albums, and years, but it's harder to read if I include all that here. The setlist is in order of approximate difficulty - I went through each song and estimated for each instrument the difficulty of the chart. I uploaded a sheet to google docs with all this metadata, you can view it here. Anyway, here's a couple statistics for the list, then the list itself.

And yes, my library is rather empty when it comes to prior to the 90s, but 1990 will be 20 years old at least by the time RB3 is released.

1970s - 1 song
    1980s - 1 song
    1990s - 17 songs
    2000 to 2004 - 30 songs
    2005 - 11 songs
    2006 - 3 songs
    2007 - 7 songs
    2008 - 5 songs

Alternative - 12
    Emo - 9
    Indie Rock - 3
    Metal - 15
    Nu Metal - 4
    Pop Rock - 2
    Pop/Rock - 2
    Punk - 10
    Rock - 18

All songs are in format: Artist - Track

Tier 1 - Warmup (11)
    Marcy Playground - It's Saturday
    Staind - Yesterday
    Deftones - Minus Blindfold
    Ra - The Only One
    Vertical Horizon - You're A God
    Social Distortion - Ball and Chain
    Atreyu - The Crimson
    Spineshank - New Disease
    Halifax - Our Revolution
    Nural - Not Guilty
    Creed - Freedom Fighter

Tier 2 - Apprentice (19)
    Ill Ni
  • SuperRocker47SuperRocker47 Opening Act
    edited March 2009
    the problem is you have some good bands like Dio and rainbow but you dont really pick good songs by them and there is not that much metal or older music
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    You can't make a setlist with two songs from both the 70's and 80's.

No Prog or New Wave.

1/10. You should have called this a DLC wishlist instead of a setlist.

The only good surprise was that you included one of my favorite CKY songs.
  • Buffdog18Buffdog18 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Way to much modern music
  • classicrockdudeclassicrockdude Headliner
    edited March 2009
  • gintoki55gintoki55 Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    Well, it WOULD be a good list if you had 80's, 70's and 60's. The distribution is decent and the song choices are good. But, since you said you don't really have that much music knowledge pre-90's, I guess that's fine.
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    jayou521;2174518 said:
    You can't make a setlist with two songs from both the 70's and 80's.

No Prog or New Wave.

1/10. You should have called this a DLC wishlist instead of a setlist.
    This