Alice in Chains = Underrated band?

JoeBayzJoeBayz Unsigned
edited March 2009 in History of Rock
I personally think that they are EXTREMELY Underrated and I would be happy if they would make some of the best albums they made DLC'ed :D

Comments

• GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    I don't think they're underrated at all. Not overrated, but not underrated. They pretty much deserve whatever praise they get.
  • strugzstrugz Unsigned
    edited March 2009
    AMEN!!! Why can we not get ANY DLC for this awesome band? It boggles my mind. I saw the same thing happen with Soundgarden, but then they started to trickle some Soundgarden DLC after awhile so who knows??
    Seriously HMX....release ANYTHING (preferably Dirt album) by AIC and many many folks will be happy!:D
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited March 2009
    I'm torn to say either history of rock or ultimate setlist. Either way more alice in chains is need especially Rooster and Would?

Edit: we need dirt as dlc
    Double Edit: By the way its going ultimate setlist
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited March 2009
    Yeah. I'm a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE AiC fan, but I think they fall right where they deserve to be rated. They weren't overly played leading to overexposure like Nirvana was, but they weren't underplayed to the point of never being known. I mean, they were getting "big" before Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. did. Their music is great and we should see more of it in RB. I guess the only thing that I think they got "jipped" on was the credit for the explosion of grunge music. They released albums before Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. did, but they never got the mainstream exposure aside from a couple of songs. While it hurts me to the core to say it, I think the tragic death of Layne Staley gave them more of the public exposure they deserved. (If you want to watch a GREAT video on them, watch their MTV Unplugged session. It is such a great performance, yet so deeply saddening and depressing at the same time. :( )
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited March 2009
    General Lein979;2177131 said:
    I'm torn to say either history of rock or ultimate setlist. Either way more alice in chains is need especially Rooster and Would?

Edit: we need dirt as dlc
    Scratch that. We need the Music Bank Collection!!!!!!!!
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Dirt would make the best DLC to date
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Alice in Chains are one of my favorite bands ever.
  • iagomonkiagomonk Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Luur32;2177117 said:
    I hadnt even heard of Alice In Chains until RB2
    How sad. Are you like 10 or something?
  • Luur32Luur32 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    iagomonk;2177449 said:
    How sad. Are you like 10 or something?
    naw, just a little closed minded until i got into RB/GH

in my defense, at least im not one of those people who think metal is the only good kind of music
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    Underrated? This a joke?
  • iagomonkiagomonk Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Now that this is in the right forum...

Please please please please! One of my favorite bands ever.
  • Godfather9Godfather9 Unsigned
    edited March 2009
    My favorite band of all time. I will say that I prefer the darker lyrics of the songs Layne wrote to Jerry, all though he had some strong ones too. Too bad his life was cut short
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited March 2009
    Godfather9;2177632 said:
    My favorite band of all time. I will say that I prefer the darker lyrics of the songs Layne wrote to Jerry, all though he had some strong ones too. Too bad his life was cut short
    I heard he was a zombie for last few years of his life.
    edited March 2009
    Luur32;2177471 said:
    in my defense, at least im not one of those people who think metal is the only good kind of music
    That doesnt explain the Morello avatar.
  • zeldazeppelinzeldazeppelin Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    AIC is overrated very much so imo
    edited March 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2177927 said:
    AIC is overrated very much so imo
    I know someone who told me this. It was my niece who was in Junior High School.
    edited March 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2177938 said:
    I know someone who told me this. It was my niece who was in Junior High School.
    I just feel they are overrated to me anyway since I only like a few of their songs after trying to listen to them. I think Pearl Jam is better and I like Pearl jam better. That is just me not trying to start fights. I also like how you tried to hit me below the belt with the niece comment.
  • ftmsanchezftmsanchez Rising Star
    edited March 2009
    i'll start this off by saying i actually like alice in chains, but as this thread shows the band was not underrated, but more overrated than anything.

the music's good, but not the best ever as has already been claimed in this thread.
    edited March 2009
    zeldazeppelin;2177958 said:
    I just feel they are overrated to me anyway since I only like a few of their songs after trying to listen to them. I think Pearl Jam is better and I like Pearl jam better. That is just me not trying to start fights. I also like how you tried to hit me below the belt with the niece comment.
    Nah dood, Im just relating what Ive heard. Just my point of reference. I thought Iron Maiden was the best band ever in junior high. Not exactly a bad opinion.
    edited March 2009
    ftmsanchez;2177960 said:
    i'll start this off by saying i actually like alice in chains, but as this thread shows the band was not underrated, but more overrated than anything.

the music's good, but not the best ever as has already been claimed in this thread.
    Thing about AiC is its not trying to be anything. Its not trying to pretentious, technical, start or stop anything. Its just music from the soul. The ****ing soul.
    edited March 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2177973 said:
    Nah dood, Im just relating what Ive heard. Just my point of reference. I thought Iron Maiden was the best band ever in junior high. Not exactly a bad opinion.
    lol My friend thinks that and he is a Sr. in high schoool.
    Onslaught_fei;2177980 said:
    Thing about AiC is its not trying to be anything. Its not trying to pretentious, technical, start or stop anything. Its just music from the soul. The ****ing soul.
    I don't know why but I agree with this statement.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Overrated=/= dislike.

Did I do that right?
  • Jerome85Jerome85 Banned
    edited March 2009
    if you are just hearing aic for the first time in 2009 i hope u get punched in the face sometime today.
    edited March 2009
    instantdeath999;2178549 said:
    Overrated=/= dislike.

Did I do that right?
    I write computer software for a living. Having said that my favorite boolean representations of Inequation are "<>" and "!="
  • MronoCMronoC Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Jerome85;2178572 said:
    if you are just hearing aic for the first time in 2009 i hope u get punched in the face sometime today.
    Now I'm off to tell young children about AiC and then punch them in the face.
  • willdabeast21willdabeast21 Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Not underrated, but not overrated
    They aren't the greatest band in the world, but they are extremely good and one of the best bands of the 90s
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited March 2009
    willdabeast21;2179932 said:
    Not underrated, but not overrated
    They aren't the greatest band in the world, but they are extremely good and one of the best bands of the 90s
    Lol.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited March 2009
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited March 2009
    Onslaught_fei;2177980 said:
    i definitely agree with this.
  • BubBub Generic Person
    edited March 2009
    I love Alice in Chains and I glad they weren't all hyped up like the other grunge bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Dirt kicks ass by the way.