Regarding the Forum Activity of 4/1/09

edited April 2009 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hey gang,

First off, let me apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered while trying to post on RB.com today. It was not our intent to have people blindly navigating unreasonably censored words ("guitar"? hardy har), or struggle to decipher the mess that was these forums over the course of the day.

It appears that our mods got a little over zealous in their prank, and took things way over the line. A few semi cute word filters is one thing, but I've been working with the Web Team since 10:30am this morning trying to find away to get us back into our admin tools (which is why you didn't see any of us posting after I got the Star Trek press release up this morning).

We gave our mods a lot of leeway and put a tremendous amount of trust in them, and more than the frustrations of answering phone calls from angry posters all day or soothing rightly angered artists whose press releases had now become a censored hack job, it hurts to have that trust betrayed. Their actions went far beyond that of a harmless prank and drifted into an incredibly damaging PR disaster.

At the end of the day, HMX is a business and the forums are an important part of that structure. When you have the cashiers locking the managers out of the store and doing whatever they want with the displays, then you start having problems. So we've had to do a bit of "down sizing".

Don't expect to see any of the mods posting here any time soon, if at all. We've already made calls to them after consulting with members of the legal department, and we'll try to reach some kind of amicable settlement. But I still can't see myself willingly handing the reigns over to any of them after the kind of reckless and irresponsible behavior I saw today.

Again, on behalf of the HMX Community Team, I'm sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused any of you. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll do the best I can to address your concerns.

-HMXHenry

Comments

This discussion has been closed.